Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Honda Hornet handlebar upgrade

Bike
    Nothing
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase
    hmmmm..... good point. *puts thinking cap on* (hey this thing dont fit proper)
    Have you been reading the article on www.919.org?

Read it as well and the guy went to 17 from 16 but changed the rear from the 43 to a 44 (So three down on the rear all together)...
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Bike
    Nothing
    So yesterday Cyclespot corrected their mistake and put the 41 tooth rear sprocket on as requested. I am so happy with this change!!!!! I have my acceleration back and some good differences. The gears are "longer" now so I don't have to chop through the gears as fast as I used to. It also has the tendancy to lift the front end a lot easier now.... not that I was trying too hard to lift it

I have yet to go for a long ride but will update this thread once I have done so.

Bike
    Nothing
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedOne
    So yesterday Cyclespot corrected their mistake and put the 41 tooth rear sprocket on as requested. I am so happy with this change!!!!! I have my acceleration back and some good differences. The gears are "longer" now so I don't have to chop through the gears as fast as I used to. It also has the tendancy to lift the front end a lot easier now.... not that I was trying too hard to lift it

I have yet to go for a long ride but will update this thread once I have done so.
    UPDATE:

See below.....

Bike
    99 RSV Matte Mille, Bus 150 & 121
    Cheers for the update. Dont have too many issues with current config so will save my money (unlikely).
    "If life gives you a shit sandwich..." someone please complete this expression

Bike
    2000 honda cb600 hornet

handle bars

Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    I want to move my hands up and back slightly (short arms) about 1 inch in each direction should do it. I might have to get a new front brake hose and if so thats fine, and there should be enough length in the wiring loom.

anyone got a recommendation (make and model number) for me?

I bought a set of Moose racing ATV Bend bars, but they are too wide. (they will be for sale too.... will put up a thread)

cheers
    Hi I have just bought a cb900 and its got Rethnal bars on it which are about 50mm a side longer and I find them very good as it helps with the handling of the bike, if you want to bring the bars further back towards the tank then you will need to get bars with a slightly hire rise in them as mine just miss the tank
    Cheers Nick

Bike
    06 Honda 919-79 T140E Triumph 96 Guzzi
    1/ same issue- big balls, short arms, I looked at the specs for Renthal high bars, then looked through my parts pile and found a pair of Yamahaha XJ 750 black bars similar albeit steel that work a treat.

Renthal width 716 V Yam 700
    Height 120 V 120
    Rise 96 v 100
    Clamp area 105 V 150
    Sweep 100 V 100
    control length 200 V 200

I have these mounted on risers, big difference taking the pressure off my arms and wrists

2/ gearing change, I fitted a 17T and the bike just cruises with no noticable loss of get up and go, just lowers the revs a bit, makes it a nicer open road bike.

Next is looking at a Hagon monoshock lowered, have sliced some from the seat but another 20mm or so lower is going to be better.
    "If you ever need anything please don’t hesitate to ask someone else first.”

Anyhoo don't forget to add to calendar 19th May, 27th July, and 31 August.
    World whisky day, International whisky day, and Scotch whisky day.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Serious dredge.

I looked at fitting Renthals on my Hornet but they wouldn't have solved the sore shoulder problem, that turned out to be arthritis.

Enjoy your Hornet.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by granstar View Post
    1/ same issue- big balls, short arms, I looked at the specs for Renthal high bars, then looked through my parts pile and found a pair of Yamahaha XJ 750 black bars similar albeit steel that work a treat.

Renthal width 716 V Yam 700
    Height 120 V 120
    Rise 96 v 100
    Clamp area 105 V 150
    Sweep 100 V 100
    control length 200 V 200

I have these mounted on risers, big difference taking the pressure off my arms and wrists

2/ gearing change, I fitted a 17T and the bike just cruises with no noticable loss of get up and go, just lowers the revs a bit, makes it a nicer open road bike.

Next is looking at a Hagon monoshock lowered, have sliced some from the seat but another 20mm or so lower is going to be better.
    I just happen to have a Hornet 600 Nitron kicking about, which I think just needs the lower mount changed to fit a 900.

Bike
    06 Honda 919-79 T140E Triumph 96 Guzzi
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Serious dredge.

I looked at fitting Renthals on my Hornet but they wouldn't have solved the sore shoulder problem, that turned out to be arthritis.

Enjoy your Hornet.
    Not for everybody but i use Bee Venom from Ideal health for arth relief and it seems to work for me so far, rust never sleeps.

Yeah done 15,000 k's ridden daily in the short time iv'e owned the bike and it's only ever missed a beat once due to a bad tank of gas. Great all rounder. Only cons are the seat height, working on that, and the zorst stinkum which is solved easily by just riding off
    "If you ever need anything please don’t hesitate to ask someone else first.”

Anyhoo don't forget to add to calendar 19th May, 27th July, and 31 August.
    World whisky day, International whisky day, and Scotch whisky day.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Really? ten years ago on here talking shit, and I am still here? I need a life. Is there a forum for that?
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    Really? ten years ago on here talking shit, and I am still here?
    Really, and I too feel that pain.

And to Granstar thanks for the bee venom tip. I might read that up.

The Doc gave me anti-inflammatories then took them off me because he said that type could cause strokes. Then he gave me another similar pill but advised me not to take them because "They all eat holes in your stomach". Generally I only use the meds if I'm going to be riding an hour and a half or more but the last year or two they don't actually seem to do much.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Thread Information