Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The most thrilling bike

Bike
    Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    Mine would be my Dads wire wheel 1100 Katana which had a big bore kit.

Bike
    08 Victory Vegas
    My old KX500 motocross bike.
    Did not matter what gear it was in, if it found traction.
    Up went the front wheel and talk about power slide.

I'm thinking about trading in for another one.
    I must need my head read (again).
    Just got to love that power of a big two stroke.
    Feel the fear and do it anyway

Don't confuse education with intelligence.
    There are alot of highly educated idiots out there.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash
    We sold it to Nigel at Pro Cycles in Napier. The thing is an absolute animal and has shown me that turboed bikes are the way to go for sheer giggles.

I'll let you know about that,we're currently doing a turbo CB100 that should be up and running in a month or two.
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    BSA A10
    Ah yeah,best bike my brothers RZ500, A 500 GP bike for the road or the closest thing to it,dodgy handling it wallowed a bit in fast sweepers but a ton of fun when cranked up throught the gears and kept in the powerband.
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy
    Mine would be my Dads wire wheel 1100 Katana which had a big bore kit.
    My current 1100. After 6 years out of the saddle its F*&%^&g brilliant! And Im still not bored with the drop two gears ans watch her spin attitude (too chicken to do it on purpose but occassionally I forget I am not on a 250 ) or the in any gear just wind it on suck down and boogy once you pass 6k .

oh and it steps out nicely in the wet getting on the motorway from nelson st, when I am in the mood and traffic is light when the back whell lets go on the metal rails I use that as my cue to wind on a little more and walk her up sideways

Far from getting bored I love her more now than the day we met.

Bike
    2001 Yamaha FZ1 2009 Yamaha FZ1-N
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou Girardin
    RD350, every time you hit the power band the question was, would it wheelie or spin up?
    Lou
    Oh yeah - RD350 power band wah-hoo

Then there was the Kawasaki 500 triple - So unpredictable.

TT500 - Grab a handful at low revs in first gear, that is what you did on other bikes, and over you went.

Scariest Pillion experience was on the back of mates Kawasaki 750 triple, the bastard pulled a wheelie, I swear that I could see the car behind me we were that far over.

Mike

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha
    I'll let you know about that,we're currently doing a turbo CB100 that should be up and running in a month or two.
    Wooo-Hoooo! that should be fun.......
    I've done a CM400 for a mate,the turbo shit itself though so it's off the road at the mo......
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha
    Ah yeah,best bike my brothers RZ500, A 500 GP bike for the road or the closest thing to it,dodgy handling it wallowed a bit in fast sweepers but a ton of fun when cranked up throught the gears and kept in the powerband.
    Yeah,I had one of these too......try tying the powervalve wide open.......

Bike
    Sold

My drag bike was the scariest thing I ever rode....

I built it in the late 60's when I was an engineering student. Supercharged 350cc Triumph, using a 500 cc top end and a home made short stroke crank, running on nitro. Quarter miling was bad enough, but the standing start kilo and mile events were really scary. A combination of speed and almost rigid suspension meant double vision for most of the distance. Figuring out which set of timing lights to aim between was the biggest worry.

Then there was the worry of the top end detaching itself and hurling itself into my chest. The ultimate in terror was when it had just gone through the 1/4 mile at around 130mph and the throttle stuck open. The kill switch merely made it misfire a bit and with the end of the runway fast approaching, I put it into a ploughed field by the side of the strip. It was all a bit of an anticlimax actually. I parted company early in the proceedings and slid a fair distance and once the bike fell over, it stalled thank god! Leathers needed cleaning both inside and out!

On another occasion, the chain snapped on the start line and flailed me on the back. I was in so much pain I had to be lifted off the darned thing.

The things we do when young and invincible!

Geoff
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Drag bike 2.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	1826  

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    A guy I used to know in New Plymouth drag raced an FZ750 when they were the ducks nuts. Nice low rear tyre pressure and the rear tyre unscrewed itself from the rim at about 130mph!

Can't remember if he said he crashed or not but I imagine that would have been a scary ride!
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    Austrian and Italian
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird
    On another occasion, the chain snapped on the start line and flailed me on the back. I was in so much pain I had to be lifted off the darned thing.
    OOOOWWwwwwwww!!!

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash
    A guy I used to know in New Plymouth drag raced an FZ750 when they were the ducks nuts. Nice low rear tyre pressure and the rear tyre unscrewed itself from the rim at about 130mph!

Can't remember if he said he crashed or not but I imagine that would have been a scary ride!
    I can understand that! I had dual rim bolts because I ran the rear at less than 10 psi. No problems with creeping and tearing the valve out, but stability at 10 psi was a bit of an issue, particularly on slowing down

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Speedway bikes have (used to have, I've been out of it a long time) the rear valve stem coming out the side of the tyre to prevent it being ripped off
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Scaryest bike I ever rode was a xj650 turbo.
    The darn thing was running badly -needed a service - The tappets were super tight on the exhaust on 3 cylinders and there were other issues with it
    When it was all set up and serviced it was test ride time.
    I piddled along at low revs and all seemed to be fine.
    Took her onto the motorway and opened her up.
    Now I ws doing about 80km/h and the revs were going higher but the speed was dropping. The damb thing was wheel spinning at 80km/h
    Scared the shite outa me.
    Turned out he thought it was down on power so he took the standard hairdryer off and had it bored out to take the guts from a cordia turbo
    Because of the state of the rest of the engine it was still fairly docile for him
    but whene everything else was good it was a bloody rocketship.
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    1997 bandit 1200s
    would have to be a ZZR 600 nutty top end rush at 8000 rpm and virtually nothing below.Taught me how to hang on until a nasty highside in the wet,OUCH!

Bike
    Buell Xb12x, SR500

Talking most thrilling bike

Quote Originally Posted by XJ/FROSTY
    Scaryest bike I ever rode was a xj650 turbo.
    The darn thing was running badly -needed a service - The tappets were super tight on the exhaust on 3 cylinders and there were other issues with it
    When it was all set up and serviced it was test ride time.
    I piddled along at low revs and all seemed to be fine.
    Took her onto the motorway and opened her up.
    Now I ws doing about 80km/h and the revs were going higher but the speed was dropping. The damb thing was wheel spinning at 80km/h
    Scared the shite outa me.
    Turned out he thought it was down on power so he took the standard hairdryer off and had it bored out to take the guts from a cordia turbo
    Because of the state of the rest of the engine it was still fairly docile for him
    but whene everything else was good it was a bloody rocketship.
    my best friend had a very scruffy / crash damaged / black spray paint and duct tape xj650 turbo. i had my first gsxr1100.
    the yamaha FELT faster - the turbo kicked in like god kicking your ass "no offence zed - or god). we were early 20s and having the time of our lives.
    probably the most thrilling bike i've actually owned was the KTM supermoto. BAD BAD BAD.. heh heh....
    I am Jack's complete lack of remorse .

Thread Information