Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The most thrilling bike

Bike
    2006 GSF1200S Bandit
    I would say my old Yammie IT465 or the Suzuki PE400, both bikes have the most awesome powerbands and dig in and lift the front wheel very willingly.

Al
    4 wheels move the body
    2 wheels move the soul

Bike
    RSVR-BICILINDRICO
    95KLX 650R bored to 680 / hot cam on avgas nice / TT500 bored to 560 on methnol Kool /Stage 3 GSXR1100R Avgas etc 10 .2sec 1/4 172 Flying excelllent . Stroked YZ490 wheelstand God the list goes on Sensei

SENSEI PERFORMANCE TUNING

" QUICKER THAN YOU SLOWER THAN ME "

Bike
    '77 Honda CB125T
    For me it would have to be my VT250FE, it's even faster than my CB125T (if you can imagine that)! According to my fellow students the fastest vehicles involve 'rotas'. Like a renault R8 with a 12A "would go hard oi!". Gee willickers a 12A, thats got to be 130hp at the flywheel!! Thats faster than some standard Honda civics, and we all know how fast they are

Bike
    2001 Yamaha FAZER 600S
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou Girardin
    RD350, every time you hit the power band the question was, would it wheelie or spin up?
    Lou
    Mine was an RD400 Lou,went from a 250 Honda to the Yam,a mate jumped on the back and said "give it some stick",next thing I knew it was almost vertical going down the high street,luckily for my mate it had a rack on at the time,he was screaming "PUT IT DOWN,PUT IT DOWN" while I was thinking"Hey,this is neat",only time I ever saw that guy scared of anything.Really nice bike,went from wheelies with the standard bars to wheelspin with the ace bars I fitted.Same guy that was on the back had a GT250 that he used to race and had been tuned up by the local bike shop that sponsored him.Until I got the 400 no-one else in our gang could touch him despite most having bigger bikes,the RD could easily keep up 2-up and would have been Terry`s next bike if he he`d lived a bit longer,r.i.p.mate.
    just remembered,one time the throttle cable broke,I adjusted the tickover up to 2000 r.p.m and got home slipping the clutch like crazy,bike got totally abused in every way and never missed a beat.

Bike
    ninja 250

I use to own this, 74 Kawi Z1, highly modified stage 3 yoshi tune, evil, evil, EVIL bike, when it went well, it was as fast as anything esp in a straight line, pretty dodgy handling, but its the only bike I've owned that I regret selling. Think it ended up being sent back to Japan.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kawi z1.1.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	3224   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kawi z1.2.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	16.9 KB 
ID:	3225   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kawi z1.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	3226  

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou Girardin
    RD350, every time you hit the power band the question was, would it wheelie or spin up?
    Lou
    Even though I've ridden faster bikes since, the thrill that my friend's RD350 that his brother raced in production classes hasn't yet been surpassed. At the time (1977??) it was the fastest production RD350 in NZ. It took me about 10 minutes to stop shaking after a 15 minute ride.
    Before that, it would have been the KX250 owned by a classmate (250 MX champion at the time). As my 'bike de jour" was a CB175, the Kwaka felt like a rocketship.

Although it gives me a buzz when the front wheel of the FahrtSturm comes up, it's been a few years since a bike has given me a real thrilling ride. Maybe it's high time I test-rode a few more...
    ... and that's what I think.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Scarcest bike for me?
    Riding my '79 XR250 on a laidback trail ride and my brother says "My turn" and I get relegated to his 2003 KDX200 that he rode to 2nd place in the NZ Cross Country Champs.

Throttle response is....... Different

I like 4 strokes.

Most fun bike?
    My fun Nordwest

Bike
    MV 910 R Brutale...
    Not bikes that I have either owned or even ridden, but, I once raced a 350 lc Yam on the Jurby Road circuit, the speedo was covered, and the needle was coming out from under the tape... (130mph ish) and two guys passed me, one either side.... on TZ 500 and a TZ 750..... never will forget that moment..... never ridden either bike but would love to..................ah memories
    Because I can......................

Strangely enough if I had to say what the most thrilling ride Ive ever had, it would have to be the Honda Blackbird (CBR 1100XX) - Its a fairly heavy bike, especially for me, so its not a classic sports bike, but the power to weight ratio was incredible, and the bonus for the shorter person like myself the foot pegs are fairly high (yes my feet did not touch the road), but the speed, power and acceleration was incredible. Was amazing for me! In fact was a little scary...

Bike
    XZ10R 2006
    best one i have had was a tricked up kawasaki H2 750 tripple
    had flatslide carbs the works
    went like hell, but not as much frame flex as an H1
    sold it to a mate who moved to ozzy
    still trying to get it back
    the art of diplomacy is saying nice doggie,
    until you find a big rock

Bike
    2011 Suzuki M109R

Smile

The most thrilling bike is the one I own now..THE BLACKBIRD....I Can't stop smiling since I brought it.

Quote Originally Posted by jase
    The most thrilling bike is the one I own now..THE BLACKBIRD....I Can't stop smiling since I brought it.
    I can understand why!!!

Bike
    Aquired by locals
    Quote Originally Posted by Motoracer
    2003 YZF-R1 for me.

It was perfection on 2 wheels.
    Ditto, although I took and Aprilla Rf4(?/ I think thats what it was, correct me if Im wrong) and that was pretty cool
    To every man upon this earth
    Death cometh sooner or late
    And how can a man die better
    Than facing fearful odds
    For the ashes of his fathers
    And the temples of his Gods

Bike
    2008 Kettweisel Style.

Arrow Mine would be easily be the...

Quote Originally Posted by dangerous
    What is the most thrilling bike you have owned or ridden?
    Mine would be the Honda CX500 Turbo that I had for 3yrs before the 1100i sport (which would be the second choice) We are all entitled to our own thoughts and ideas so here’s mine on the CX500 Turbo for those that have never ridden one..... that is those that are interested.

They may not be the prettiest bike in the shed but they are very 80's retro and all that, but its not till you ride one that you can appreciate this bike. The finish was like I have never seen on a bike from the paint to the leather handbook and one-off Honda keys.

The fairing is unbelievable not a breath of wind on you any were. As for comphy, it’s a sit up position. I once did 850km's of the most tightest twisty roads and a few straights in 8hrs at speeds up to 180kph and when I got home I felt that I could do it again. The dash was rather flash for its time having a clock, fuel gauge, boost meeter, temp and the usual.

As for the engine as you accelerate away you get that low down rumble and feel of a V2 up to 4000rpm then the bike seems to start trembling from the mirrors down to the tail pipe passing through your body like only a orgasm can. It reminds me of a dog shacking water off itself (from the head to the tail) The sound is awesome the rumble twin sound being mixed by a swreaking whistle of the turbo. By this stage you have max manifold pressure and hit 6500rpm and the bike literally lunches you to the red line. I have only experienced this speed on late model multi 4's in the 1000cc up class.

I have ridden the 650 turbo as well, and it is only better as the so called turbo lag is minimized by having more cubes.
    Sorry if I've bored you, but that’s memory lane for ya. What’s your most thrilling bike ride been?
    One word springs to mind "Fireblade".
    Those who insist on perfect safety, don't have the balls to live in the real world.

Bike
    XB12R, FXR150, Ducati 400ss, 1125CR
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha
    Ah yeah,best bike my brothers RZ500, A 500 GP bike for the road or the closest thing to it,dodgy handling it wallowed a bit in fast sweepers but a ton of fun when cranked up throught the gears and kept in the powerband.

yep i agree there! they did wollow! a bit , my mate let me look after his it had slicks on ,,,no rego...wof...so it never went out in the rain!!

what a ride so far!!!!

Thread Information