Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The most thrilling bike

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    all my bikes have been good, i had an rg150 that got almost everything done too it so it was 45kw at the rear wheel. but that was cool cos the power vavlve was changed so that it would kick in a 10500rpm and jump from 20kw to 45kw (looked funny from dyno sheet perspective though). Gave all the big bikes a fright too. Sadly this was too much for the little motor and she blew up after about 22,000ks of abuse.
    My GB, konis in the back, adjustable forks put in the front, 450 high rev kit - still probably the fastest thing i have ridden round town too. became a hood emblem for a corolla.
    Now i have my ZXR, which was nothing that i actually wanted (i wanted a 750 to 1500 - hopefully with a turb), but this bike is nuts. 90bhp at the rear. Loud lazer pipe. Still havent found the max speed yet (but est. about 240-260ks).
    keen to take a zx10R for a spin - as i have been told these are by far better then the GSXRs, which to date is the best thing i have ridden.
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Bike
    XJR1300/EC250/SRX600/TLR250/MuZ660/KLX45
    The most exciting ride I can remember (I think) was my first ride on an open class motocrosser back in 1976. It was a Maico 400 and the impression was reinforced with liberal use of wacky backy. I didn't fall off as I was much to laid back for that but it was faaast.

Bike
    Aquired by locals
    I think the est I ever did was go out on a R1 not too far back, that was exciting
    To every man upon this earth
    Death cometh sooner or late
    And how can a man die better
    Than facing fearful odds
    For the ashes of his fathers
    And the temples of his Gods

Bike
    XT
    Have to say the Busa, just so much torque, effortless power.

If maintenance wasn't so crucial with the Bus, it would be at the top of the list with the TL.

Bike
    08 ZX-6R Race Bike, FXR150
    Quote Originally Posted by avgas
    Now i have my ZXR, which was nothing that i actually wanted (i wanted a 750 to 1500 - hopefully with a turb), but this bike is nuts. 90bhp at the rear. Loud lazer pipe. Still havent found the max speed yet (but est. about 240-260ks).
    keen to take a zx10R for a spin - as i have been told these are by far better then the GSXRs, which to date is the best thing i have ridden.
    Whats been done to the ZXR400 to create that power???

Nicko said he didnt like the ZX10R, prefered the Gixxer.....
    See Robert Taylor for any Ohlins requirements www.northwest.co.nz
    Thanks Colemans Suzuki
    Thanks AMCC
    I use DID Chains and Akrapovic Exhausts

Bike
    XZ10R 2006
    the 10s are a little bit harder to get to grips with
    they handle a little bit faster,
    you do get used to it though
    try riding a older bike and its easy
    (H1/H2 the gearbox is cool all up you can have left or right
    all up/all down), you just have to learn fast
    and watch the throttle
    the art of diplomacy is saying nice doggie,
    until you find a big rock

Bike
    2000 Kawasaki ZX-12R
    Quote Originally Posted by jase
    The most thrilling bike is the one I own now..THE BLACKBIRD....I Can't stop smiling since I brought it.
    I'm with Jase. It was months before I before I stopped being amazed that I owned it. I still love my bike to bits and use any excuse to use it. It costs a fortune to keep serviced and in tyres each year but it's worth it. I've put 70,000km on it since I bought it in October 2001.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Rockhopper

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez
    Rockhopper
    Oh yeah, cors it's all about status man don't knock the older bikes. Besides my current '89 GSXR1100, which is mucho excitment, the next most exciting bike I've owned would have to be a '74 cb500 with 610 big bore kit etc, ran on TT100's & the pegs wore out at the same rate as the tyres
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by johnb
    TT100's & the pegs wore out at the same rate as the tyres
    The last front TT100 I had on the 550F looked like a pyramid

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez
    The last front TT100 I had on the 550F looked like a pyramid
    Superhard centre or never brake hard in a straight line? No, it was the terrible fading drum brakes of the day?? I dunno. Mine never let go, ever, hence peg wear.
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    [QUOTE=doug green]Would have to be the ZXR750RR, just like a big 2 stroke hit 7000rpm and the front wheel lifts and you're doing 170km/h. below 6000rpm absolutely no power and the sound of those big smooth bore carbs sucking air is GREAT.
    Totally insane as a road bike.

i wouldnt say it was the best i have had, but fully good fun they have a front end thats better planted than a 100 year old tree and power is not bad to boot, i only got rid of mine early this year and i was still giving the newer faster bikes what for started stretching throttle cables tho

Bike
    Apriliaaah!
    Have loved something about every bike I have ever owned or ridden, but the bike I would most love to ride is a 91 GSXR1100. Read an article in a two wheels mag back in the late 90's about an american, think his name was Mark Mosian. Bought himself the gsxr, nos'ed it for a bit, then swapped the nos for an rj's turbo. Running 19psi, but had it on up to around 25psi at one stage to pop out a whopping 306kw to win an AMA Brute Horsepower Shootout. Street legal too . . . now thats a bike. The guy started his own business, American Turbo systems, making bolt-on turbo kits for everything from blackbirds thru to trucks, atv's and snowmobiles . . .
    I told him,
    "Son, what is it with you? Is it ignorance or apathy?"

He said,
    "Coach, I don't know and I don't care."

Bike
    katzuki
    Good to see this old thread revived. I wasn't around for the original discussion but I've owned and ridden enough bikes over the years to have an opinion and I agree with lemans - big two stroke dirt bikes are thrilling!

I owned an 89 KTM500. It was a bloody light switch - all on or all off! I used it in the desert in California when I lived there and brought it with me when I moved back to NZ. It was a real handfull in the tight often slippery NZ conditions, so I sold it to a guy who said he was going to take it road racing.

When he came to take it for a test ride (on tarseal) I told him to be careful least it spit him off. He said no probs because he was used to riding a KX500. He came back after 5 minutes visibly shaking and all I could get out of him was F@&K! He handed over the money on the spot.

I was glad to get rid of it before it killed me - I hope he and subsequent owners survived it!

Bike
    All of them
    fwoooo, good question. I'm kinda with avgas in the 'all of them stakes' and Madmax with K series 2 stroke Kawasakis get a nod too.

But then the F4 MV, R1, ZX10, GSXR1000, Fireblade, Daytona 650, R6, FZR600, GS12000, Rocket III, Street Rod, XT600, Tiger, AprilaiRSV1000, Speed triple, Sprint ST, V-rod, Wide glide, Road King, Thruxton, Hornet, K2, T100, Z1B, XS650, Hailwood Ducati, SS900, California, LC640, V-strom, ST1300, Sportster, GT1000, Rosso Mandello, Thunderbird and Trophy that I have thrown a leg over in the last year or so also gave me a thrill - for as many different reasons as there were types of bikes.

Of the new bikes it's the Rocket III. The surge as you open that baby up is quite g-force addictive.

Thread Information