Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The most thrilling bike

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans

The most thrilling bike

What is the most thrilling bike you have owned or ridden?
    Mine would be the Honda CX500 Turbo that I had for 3yrs before the 1100i sport (which would be the second choice) We are all entitled to our own thoughts and ideas so here’s mine on the CX500 Turbo for those that have never ridden one..... that is those that are interested.

They may not be the prettiest bike in the shed but they are very 80's retro and all that, but its not till you ride one that you can appreciate this bike. The finish was like I have never seen on a bike from the paint to the leather handbook and one-off Honda keys.

The fairing is unbelievable not a breath of wind on you any were. As for comphy, it’s a sit up position. I once did 850km's of the most tightest twisty roads and a few straights in 8hrs at speeds up to 180kph and when I got home I felt that I could do it again. The dash was rather flash for its time having a clock, fuel gauge, boost meeter, temp and the usual.

As for the engine as you accelerate away you get that low down rumble and feel of a V2 up to 4000rpm then the bike seems to start trembling from the mirrors down to the tail pipe passing through your body like only a orgasm can. It reminds me of a dog shacking water off itself (from the head to the tail) The sound is awesome the rumble twin sound being mixed by a swreaking whistle of the turbo. By this stage you have max manifold pressure and hit 6500rpm and the bike literally lunches you to the red line. I have only experienced this speed on late model multi 4's in the 1000cc up class.

I have ridden the 650 turbo as well, and it is only better as the so called turbo lag is minimized by having more cubes.
    Sorry if I've bored you, but that’s memory lane for ya. What’s your most thrilling bike ride been?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cx500s.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	1820   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Turbo500.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	3206   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	500TC motor.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	3207  
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    Big Orange KTM
    Would have to be the ZXR750RR, just like a big 2 stroke hit 7000rpm and the front wheel lifts and you're doing 170km/h. below 6000rpm absolutely no power and the sound of those big smooth bore carbs sucking air is GREAT.
    Totally insane as a road bike.

Now if only I can get Speedpro to give me ride on his McIntosh ( you owe me a ride on it as I pushed it half way around the South Island starting it, and Viv wants a ride as well )

Bike
    2005 GN250
    2003 YZF-R1 for me.

It was perfection on 2 wheels.

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    My much modified Kawasaki ZX750 turbo......200+hp,wheelies in top gear

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATH_INC.
    My much modified Kawasaki ZX750 turbo......200+hp,wheelies in top gear
    Bloody hell man..... from 112hp to 200+hp what did you do to the poor thing?

I was running from the stock 17psi boost (and thats high, cars of that era were under 10psi) to 22psi, modified pipes and filter and it only helped in the midrange rev's and you are running a 2valve head un like my 4valve.
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    What haven't I done is more like it.....a quick rundown;
    810 kit,csl cams,porting,IHI turbo,link ecu,cyborg intercooler,two efi pumps,skyline injectors, ect,ect.
    I run 25psi boost too......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	turbo6402.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	1822  

Bike
    ZR750 Kawasaki
    Not much by todays standards but mine was a GSX750 Suzuki.
    Up till then I had only ridden old bikes.The GSX was Brand new an belonged to a mate.
    I took it onto the motorway and cracked it wide in third gear.
    The following week I traded my Honda CB550 on a GSX750 of my own.
    #2 was an RM250 Suzuki,,After my old XL Honda that thing was like a chain saw on two wheels

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    MY RC30. 140km/hr in 1st, 265km/hr (radar measured) top speed. 1:16s at Manfield absolutely stock. Comfortable as in all day comfortable too. Knee down, undercarriage dragging, stable as a granite plinth cornering weapon.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

You expect me to talk about something ''normal''? not likely.

In the early 70s chops were the thing,and my brother had a rather special one.A rigid frame Triumph with forward controls,peanut tank with the usual seat following frame and rear guard - the crowning glory a huge long springer front end.But the motor was what set it apart - a 650 motor out of a speedway sidecar,with a reversed head...Triumph twins have symetrical barrel and head stud patterns with twin camshafts and you could turn them around,retime cams and ign - the carbs go out the front and the exhausts out under your legs...this thing stood out from the usual slapped together crap at the time.

For those who remember the times the motor was out of Dave Tomkins outfit and Neville Lowe did the tank and painted it in metalic 3 colour flames,new stuff at the time,he also did the seat and a neat DA on the rear guard.

The bike was running sidecar gearing with a locked up cush drive and close ratio box.It was insanely powerful and aggressive - I remember riding beside him in the wet as he blipped the throttle in top gear,the bike just revved up like it was in neutral.Riding it one day I pulled out to pass a car in 2nd gear,as I got level with the car it pulled the front end up,so I short shifted into 3rd,but it just kept coming up! this was in 1971,bikes didn't do that back then - oh,the Mach III you say - well he had a drag with one of them and cleaned it up.It was the most powerful bike I ever rode in the era - barr none,but not exactly in a frame to match!

Xmas morning sometime in the early 90s a mate turned up on the front lawn with a 1984 or so Husky 250,a couple of years before this bike had been ridden to 1st place in the NZ Enduro Champs - I have no idea how,it was almost unriderble to us hopeless cases.It had the most insane power kick I've ever experianced,no matter what you did you couldn't keep the front wheel down when it took off,I lived on a good gravel road I knew well,but this thing was way faster than my C50.Just so much was happening in it's power curve your thoughts and reactions were 20 meters to the rear,off road was totaly beyond my ability - but I did race it on the dirt track...uncontrolable wheel spin and uncontrolable wheelstands.Thrilling - YES!
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    niente
    I rode one of the first 1100cc Katana's when I was 17. After a gt185 and gsx250 that felt pretty good!!

I was still on my restricted and was meant to ride it from my uncles back to my parents place to grab some stuff. Instead I was out riding for about 5 hours before I dropped it back.

The bikes I've owned now would be faster but the difference between what I rode back then and that bike was HUGE!!
    Matt Thompson

Bike
    08 ZX-6R Race Bike, FXR150
    Well due to my inexperience of testing bikes (especially large ones) i have to say for all out acceleration the CBR1100XX was just insane... (not upto Death's standard though lol)
    See Robert Taylor for any Ohlins requirements www.northwest.co.nz
    Thanks Colemans Suzuki
    Thanks AMCC
    I use DID Chains and Akrapovic Exhausts

Bike
    Honda PC800
    The most insane ride i've ever had was on an Alchamy belonging to sydney motorcycles. Its a tiny little bike no bigger than a RGV250.