Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What is Ride Right Ride Safe?

Bike
    Honda CT125
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I guess it does make sense. Especially factoring in laziness or just plain "got better things to do" / "takes too much effort..." type of thinking.

I'd love to make it happen... but I'm just a newbie rider, and I really don't know that many bikers in Christchurch when it comes down to it. I'd like to get out a bit more and meet up with others, but I haven't been able to mainly just because I've always had to work weekends. Here's hoping I won't be working them when I get back! I've got appointments to keep already!

The other thing is it's all very well knowing the guys who've got a bit of experience, but they've got to be willing, too. I'd offer to help if I were in a position to, but although I've been told I ride well, I just don't have the experience. I can't imagine trying to teach anyone anything when I don't know it myself!!

Maybe I'll have to make the trip down to Dunedin to have a go at it, especially if the bikers are that awesome. I'll just make sure I drag someone else from Christchurch down with me!

Cheers guys.
    Soapbox house of cards and glass, so don't go tossing your stones around.
    You musta been.... high. You musta been...

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX1100 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by CaN View Post
    No sorry, none on the 17th of December. Next one in Auckland is on the 21st of Jan 07. There is none in Feb as this clashes withthe battle of the streets.
    Whens the next one on, sonny-jim?
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary - that's what gets you."
    Jeremy Clarkson.

Kawasaki 200mph Club

Bike
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco Dan View Post
    They are on the third Sunday of each month, except December and February. So the next one is the 18th of march.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank
    You say "no one wants to fuck with some large bloke on a really angry sounding bike" but the truth of the matter is that you are a balding middle-aged ice-cream seller from Edgecume who wears a hello kitty t-shirt (in your profile pic) and your angry sounding bike is a fucken hyoshit - not some big assed harley with a human skull on the front.

Bike
    675cc of naked British goodness
    It's in the Calender Dan.... 18th March

Edit: Quick-draw CaN beat me to the post

Bike
    GSXR600
    hey

How long is the course?

What time of day does it start at?

Do you need to bring your own beer, sorry I mean lunch?

I like the banner off the website it looks like that plane is going to land on a bunch of ginnys, funny....

I'm up for one of the march or april dates...to many bad habits and not enough common sense....sweet

DR

Bike
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by dawnrazor View Post
    hey

How long is the course?

What time of day does it start at?

Do you need to bring your own beer, sorry I mean lunch?

I like the banner off the website it looks like that plane is going to land on a bunch of ginnys, funny....

I'm up for one of the march or april dates...to many bad habits and not enough common sense....sweet

DR
    8.5hrs (inc lunch)
    8:30am
    Yes, need you own beer - once in, you can't go out and return.
    Yes - we provide some unique obstacles.
    Cool - should get your booking in early if Jan was anything to go by.
    You say "no one wants to fuck with some large bloke on a really angry sounding bike" but the truth of the matter is that you are a balding middle-aged ice-cream seller from Edgecume who wears a hello kitty t-shirt (in your profile pic) and your angry sounding bike is a fucken hyoshit - not some big assed harley with a human skull on the front.

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX1100 Turbo

Blah

Quote Originally Posted by CaN View Post
    8.5hrs (inc lunch)
    8:30am
    Yes, need you own beer - once in, you can't go out and return.
    Yes - we provide some unique obstacles.
    Cool - should get your booking in early if Jan was anything to go by.
    a little bird told me its free the second time you go? is that true?
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary - that's what gets you."
    Jeremy Clarkson.

Kawasaki 200mph Club

Bike
    Various
    a little bird told me its free the second time you go? is that true?
    I am 99% sure it is and half price the third time. Not sure what happens the fourth time though.

Yes we do get people back twice quite frequently and some thrice.

Bike
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stranger View Post
    They are on the third Sunday of each month, except December and February. So the next one is the 18th of march.
    Bump.
    Come on all those thinking about this - time to step up.

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX1100 Turbo

Blah

Quote Originally Posted by The Stranger View Post
    Bump.
    Come on all those thinking about this - time to step up.
    18th March... Thats THIS sunday!

Not too late to tootle along is it??? Is it weather dependant?
    Jeremy Clarkson.

Kawasaki 200mph Club

Bike
    Various
    18th March... Thats THIS sunday!

Not too late to tootle along is it??? Is it weather dependant?
    When last I spoke with the man this class wasn't too full, so you should be ok to rock up on the day.
    We very rarely cancel, only if we get both high wind and heavy rain.
    You will actually get more out of it if it is raining.

Bike
    Various
    Bump!!

Course is on this Sunday the 15th

Bike
    Black something
    I would love to attend, but I would have to leave at 2pm so I can get to work on time..
    Would it be worth going for the morning and leaving early?

Bike
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    I would love to attend, but I would have to leave at 2pm so I can get to work on time..
    Would it be worth going for the morning and leaving early?
    Yep.
    It's free to return a second time, so you could either attend again on another date which you have free or perhaps do the rest of it later.
    Personally I feel that the more important stuff is covered off first anyway.

Bike
    Various
    Bump...
    Ok, time for all you procrastinators to put away your excuses.
    Next one is the 20th of May.

Thread Information