Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What is Ride Right Ride Safe?

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stranger View Post
    Bump...
    Ok, time for all you procrastinators to put away your excuses.
    Next one is the 20th of May.
    Or the 13th May in Napier for the desperate. Or the closer....
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    nuffin
    Cheers everyone at the RRRS course. I had a great day this past Sunday, 20 May 07. Highly recommend the course to anyone still on the fence - I should have gone ages ago but never got round to getting my arse into gear. Everyone can benefit from these days. Emergency braking was the best - smoking up those tyres . Let's hope I dont have to use that skill too often in real emergencies.

Had a real good mix of riders too; 250s, Harleys, BMW, scooter. Man do those Harleys shake, rattle and roll.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr. Suess

Bike
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Bandit View Post
    Cheers everyone at the RRRS course. I had a great day this past Sunday, 20 May 07. Highly recommend the course to anyone still on the fence - I should have gone ages ago but never got round to getting my arse into gear. Everyone can benefit from these days. Emergency braking was the best - smoking up those tyres . Let's hope I dont have to use that skill too often in real emergencies.

Had a real good mix of riders too; 250s, Harleys, BMW, scooter. Man do those Harleys shake, rattle and roll.
    Yeah, just want to make the point that smoking your tyres when braking is not actually the object of the exercise aye.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank
    You say "no one wants to fuck with some large bloke on a really angry sounding bike" but the truth of the matter is that you are a balding middle-aged ice-cream seller from Edgecume who wears a hello kitty t-shirt (in your profile pic) and your angry sounding bike is a fucken hyoshit - not some big assed harley with a human skull on the front.

Bike
    Various
    It is a riding school developed and run by BRONZ members.

One of the aims of BRONZ (Biker Rights Organisation Of New Zealand) is "To promote road safety through road user education"

So this course is run by BRONZ members as part of an attempt to meet that goal.

The course is aimed at road riding, NOT the track. So no good coming along to learn how to best set up your suspension for racing or to get yer knee down.

We meet the third Sunday of each month (mostly) at the Whenuapai air base and they let us use some largely unused runway for running the course.

As it is staffed by volunteers the charge is very low ($50.00) we essentailly just aim to cover costs.

What you get is access to some bloody experienced instructors and great advice on most any motorcycling subject. There are usually about 8 instructors and a maximum of about 20 students so there is a lot of one on one time and you get the benefit of different views and ideas from the different instructors.

The day is about 50/50 theory and practical split into 4 sections so you get to try out what you have just been through in the class.

Can we teach you anything you don't already know?
    First time I went helped out with an away class was for a Ulysses organised event. Some of these guy had been riding longer than I have been alive. I am thinking WTF are we going to teach them. But without exception the class was well recieved and all said they learned something. So weather you have been riding for 40yrs, or you are returning to riding or just starting out I really believe we can be of benefit.

RRRS is now being run in Dunedin as a joint effort between the Otago Motorcycle Club and BRONZ Otago. Big ups to ACC for their assistance with setting this up.

Check out the RRRS web site for more information.

Time for a bump again. Next one is this Sunday 17th of June.
    You say "no one wants to fuck with some large bloke on a really angry sounding bike" but the truth of the matter is that you are a balding middle-aged ice-cream seller from Edgecume who wears a hello kitty t-shirt (in your profile pic) and your angry sounding bike is a fucken hyoshit - not some big assed harley with a human skull on the front.

Bike
    Er6n
    Time for a bump again. Next one is this Sunday 17th of June.
    Dam it thats my birthday thats unfair...when is the one after that...might have to make another trip up I think

Bike
    FOR SALE

mrs busa pete

Quote Originally Posted by Stickchick View Post
    Dam it thats my birthday thats unfair...when is the one after that...might have to make another trip up I think
    Will your bike be finished for you to ride up for the next one.
    RIDE FOR THE CONDITIONS WHEN THEY CHANGE INCREASE YOUR SPEED

Bike
    Er6n
    Quote Originally Posted by busa pete View Post
    Will your bike be finished for you to ride up for the next one.
    Depends on when it is...might have to ask the kind folks up there for a loan of a 250 so I can do it. I missed it when it was down here and I really want to have a go

Bike
    Various
    Dam it thats my birthday thats unfair...
    Don't worry mate, we all get older.

when is the one after that...might have to make another trip up I think
    15th of July, you'll need it by then - to get rid of all those bad habits you get taught down there. Come up and stay with Wendy and you'll get a whole lot of new ones.

Bike
    Er6n
    Don't worry mate, we all get older.

15th of July, you'll need it by then - to get rid of all those bad habits you get taught down there. Come up and stay with Wendy and you'll get a whole lot of new ones.
    if it means a good excuse to drink with wendy again I'm there

Bike
    FOR SALE
    if it means a good excuse to drink with wendy again I'm there
    No problem bed booked

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Depends on when it is...might have to ask the kind folks up there, I really want to have a go
    Im sure the hands are being raised as we speak, very obliging people up this way and letting others have a go is at the top of the list for some...

Bike
    Er6n
    Unfortuantely just checked my diary and this clashes with my monthly family visit and also I'm supposed to be playing darts....Just trying to get out of it though as I can't make the August one as I'm in Surfers. Wendy, I will confirm after this weekend about that date if thats ok

Bike
    EX500s - Ruby
    Hey, Stikchik, we will run another one down here.....maybe over summer.
    You are quite safe riding with us, none of us have bad habits - the Stranger beat them all out of us when he was down here, with liberal serial installments from he who dropped his bike!
    Diarrhoea is hereditary - it runs in your jeans

If my nose was running money, I'd blow it all on you...

Bike
    Er6n
    Well it looks like I'll have to find another excuse to drink with Wendy then

Bike
    FOR SALE

mrs busa pete

Well it looks like I'll have to find another excuse to drink with Wendy then
    Hay chick we don't need an excuse

Thread Information