Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: What is Ride Right Ride Safe?

Bike
    Aprilia RS250
    Has anyone done the ride right ride safe course lately, and would they recommend it? It seems like a great deal at $50 for a whole day.

I'm looking at doing it soon, just to learn a few new things and give me a bit more confidence before I sit my full licence. (I don't care that it won't reduce the restricted time because I've already been on my restricted for the full period anyway).

But you can just about guarantee that the weather probably won't be that flash. Is it worth doing if the weather is poor?

Bike
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by nudedaytona View Post
    Has anyone done the ride right ride safe course lately, and would they recommend it? It seems like a great deal at $50 for a whole day.

But you can just about guarantee that the weather probably won't be that flash. Is it worth doing if the weather is poor?
    It is an excellent deal and I heartily recommend it. But I would say that wouldn't I.

Re the weather - it's best done wet.
    Even if you plan on never riding in the wet, you will get caught out some time. If you can do this shit in the wet, well it's easier in the dry.

We only cancel if there is high winds as it makes it quite a challenge to do the course when the course is moving all over the runway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank
    You say "no one wants to fuck with some large bloke on a really angry sounding bike" but the truth of the matter is that you are a balding middle-aged ice-cream seller from Edgecume who wears a hello kitty t-shirt (in your profile pic) and your angry sounding bike is a fucken hyoshit - not some big assed harley with a human skull on the front.

Bike
    Aprilia RS250
    Is some of the course done at open road speads, or is it all slow riding around cones?

I've got a two-stroke so I don't really do slow, well at least not all day long, that's real tough going.

Bike
    '18 DRZ400SM
    To be good fast, you must first master slow.
    "It would be spiteful, to put jellyfish in a trifle."
    \m/ o.o \m/

Bike
    Various
    Is some of the course done at open road speads, or is it all slow riding around cones?

I've got a two-stroke so I don't really do slow, well at least not all day long, that's real tough going.
    It is all low speed, from walking pace to 40kph.
    The same principals apply to low speed work as high speed.

There is no reason why you can't give your bike a bit of stick now and then though to clear it out. But if you are saying it can't handle 5 minutes at a time at low speed then it will indeed be a problem.

We do have people turn up on 2 strokes not infrequently and complete the course just fine.
    You say "no one wants to fuck with some large bloke on a really angry sounding bike" but the truth of the matter is that you are a balding middle-aged ice-cream seller from Edgecume who wears a hello kitty t-shirt (in your profile pic) and your angry sounding bike is a fucken hyoshit - not some big assed harley with a human skull on the front.

Bike
    Aprilia RS250
    5 minutes at a time is fine. No trouble there

Bike
    Aprilia RS250
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    To be good fast, you must first master slow.
    Mr Miyagi: "Wax on ... wax off ... wax on ...wax off"

Bike
    Yamaha Scorpio
    Is anyone aware of anything similar in the Wellington region at all? I would be very keen, once my skill level is up a bit.

Bike
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by swedencamilla View Post
    Is anyone aware of anything similar in the Wellington region at all? I would be very keen, once my skill level is up a bit.
    RRRS runs in both Auckland and Dunedin and I don't believe there is anything similar elsewhere.
    There are various other organisations and individuals whom can provide you with training obviously, however they tend to be quite a bit more expensive.

Bike
    1995 Suzuki Volty (TU250)
    Blog Entries
    Yes I have
    Yes I would
    Yes it is

I did it a couple of months ago and it was well worth the time, and amazing value for money. Highly recommended.
    There is no such thing as bad weather; only inappropriate clothing!

Bike
    HONDA HORNET 900
    Hi there!
    Got a friend who wants to do the course but wants me to go with him. I've already done the course about 5 months ago and wouldn't mind doing it again on my new bike.

I think I remember someone saying I can do it for free if it's within 12months correct?

You guys run and awesome course (at an awesome price too!) so keep up the good work!

Choco.
    ChocolateWheels - Possibly the first (EX) GN rider to overtake a CBR600RR LEGITIMATELY and EX holder of the GN250 Land Speed Record.

Bike
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateWheels View Post
    Hi there!
    Got a friend who wants to do the course but wants me to go with him. I've already done the course about 5 months ago and wouldn't mind doing it again on my new bike.

I think I remember someone saying I can do it for free if it's within 12months correct?

You guys run and awesome course (at an awesome price too!) so keep up the good work!

Choco.
    Correct.
    Free if within 12 months, half price thereafter.
    We do get quite a few people return, it is a lot to absorb in one day.

Bike
    HONDA HORNET 900
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stranger View Post
    Correct.
    Free if within 12 months, half price thereafter.
    We do get quite a few people return, it is a lot to absorb in one day.
    Thanks Stranger, I'll find a good date with my mate and get things sorted.
    Also, do you know if I need to prove I completed the course? if so how?
    ChocolateWheels - Possibly the first (EX) GN rider to overtake a CBR600RR LEGITIMATELY and EX holder of the GN250 Land Speed Record.

Bike
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateWheels View Post
    Also, do you know if I need to prove I completed the course? if so how?
    Buggered if I know, but somehow I doubt you will have any problem there.
    1) Between us we usually recognise those that we have seen a person before.
    2) We do have records of those that have attended anyway.
    3) We are non profit and all volunteers anyway so don't get too stickly over things like this.

Let Finn know when you book that you are returning and IF you do have any trouble in this regard flick me a PM and I will sort it out.

Bike
    HONDA HORNET 900
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stranger View Post
    Buggered if I know, but somehow I doubt you will have any problem there.
    1) Between us we usually recognise those that we have seen a person before.
    2) We do have records of those that have attended anyway.
    3) We are non profit and all volunteers anyway so don't get too stickly over things like this.

Let Finn know when you book that you are returning and IF you do have any trouble in this regard flick me a PM and I will sort it out.
    Thanks for answering all my questions, Might see you at the next course

Thread Information