Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is Ride Right Ride Safe?

Bike
    Various

What is Ride Right Ride Safe?

It is a riding school developed and run by BRONZ members.

One of the aims of BRONZ (Biker Rights Organisation Of New Zealand) is "To promote road safety through road user education"

So this course is run by BRONZ members as part of an attempt to meet that goal.

The course is aimed at road riding, NOT the track. So no good coming along to learn how to best set up your suspension for racing or to get yer knee down.

We meet the third Sunday of each month (mostly) at the Whenuapai air base and they let us use some largely unused runway for running the course.

As it is staffed by volunteers the charge is very low ($50.00) we essentailly just aim to cover costs.

What you get is access to some bloody experienced instructors and great advice on most any motorcycling subject. There are usually about 8 instructors and a maximum of about 20 students so there is a lot of one on one time and you get the benefit of different views and ideas from the different instructors.

The day is about 50/50 theory and practical split into 4 sections so you get to try out what you have just been through in the class.

Can we teach you anything you don't already know?
    First time I went helped out with an away class was for a Ulysses organised event. Some of these guy had been riding longer than I have been alive. I am thinking WTF are we going to teach them. But without exception the class was well recieved and all said they learned something. So weather you have been riding for 40yrs, or you are returning to riding or just starting out I really believe we can be of benefit.

RRRS is now being run in Dunedin as a joint effort between the Otago Motorcycle Club and BRONZ Otago. Big ups to ACC for their assistance with setting this up.

Check out the RRRS web site for more information.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank
    You say "no one wants to fuck with some large bloke on a really angry sounding bike" but the truth of the matter is that you are a balding middle-aged ice-cream seller from Edgecume who wears a hello kitty t-shirt (in your profile pic) and your angry sounding bike is a fucken hyoshit - not some big assed harley with a human skull on the front.

Bike
    06 Transalp
    Blog Entries
    Any plans for wellington?
    Motorbike only search
    YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - CRC AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE CRC. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE

Bike
    Various
    Not to my knowledge at this stage, though I intend to raise this.
    You say "no one wants to fuck with some large bloke on a really angry sounding bike" but the truth of the matter is that you are a balding middle-aged ice-cream seller from Edgecume who wears a hello kitty t-shirt (in your profile pic) and your angry sounding bike is a fucken hyoshit - not some big assed harley with a human skull on the front.

Bike
    All of them
    Images from the Auckland course attached
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	reportpic1_800px.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	31135   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	report2_800.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	31136   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	report3_800.jpg 
Views:	319 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	31137   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	report5_800.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	31138   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	report6_800.jpg 
Views:	335 
Size:	137.6 KB 
ID:	31139   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	report4_800.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	31140  

Bike
    2007 Kawasaki ER6F
    Nothing coming up in the Manawatu / Wanganui area - I suppose Hawera is only another hour on
    Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill

Bike
    Various
    Ok the RRRS site is now live.

Not yet complete, but a good start.

A very big THANK YOU to Swanny for this.

Bike
    2007 ER 6N

When is the next course at Whenuapai??

Time and date please?

Bike
    Various
    Sunday the 18th of June at 8:30 am.
    If you are interested in attending please PM me you name and address and I shall send you a form.

They will be available for download from the Web site soon.

Bike
    2007 ER 6N

Address Sent...

to you hotmail address via www.rrrs.org.nz.

Cheers

Bike
    2004 Honda 900 Hornet

Ride Right Ride Safe

How do I go about registering for the next course in Auckland?

Bike
    Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    I'd been riding for around 20+ years when a girl in the club I was with organised a day with these blokes. I went along to help make up the numbers thinking that there wasn't a hell of a lot that I would pick up from this course. Well I was wrong. Excellent day no matter what your experience level. Highly recommended.

Bike
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Waller
    How do I go about registering for the next course in Auckland?

Please pm me your name and address and we will send you out a form to fill out. We hope to have this available on the website in the near future but for now we are still doing by old fashioned snail mail

Hope to hear form you soon

Bike
    A black One

RRRS Feed Back

Hi
    This is my first post on this forum and as a guy getting back into riding over the last year and having a new bike i found the course on sunday great value.i found some things about the way i ride and how to improve and what my bike is capable of in some areas.
    These guys know there stuff.It is well worth the money even in the rain.Thanks finn and the others.

Crusa

Bike
    900 Hornet, Preddy, RZ's, A100's
    Blog Entries
    Hey, thanks for posting this up - when is your next Auckland training session? I definitely want to do the right thing and take advantage of the years of wisdom and hard earnt experience of others!

Cheers!
    "I like to ride anyplace, anywhere, any time, any way!"

Bike
    Various
    The courses are held on the third Sunday of each month.
    The next course is the 20th of August.

Thread Information