Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Talking v Riding

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega

Talking v Riding

Hi Guys,,,,,

Just a thought following Mikes thread on riding alone.....

We are all here sharing a common interest - yet we don't seem to ride together???  Why is that.......we should be organising more rides together and discussing everything we discuss here over coffee/cake/fish&chips or oysters (in no particular order).......

I will ride with anyone (on the bike that is), email/text/call (021 0411814) - it makes more sense to enjoy both the riding and the talking together - WHAT DOES EVERYONE THINK......

Provided no one head ons a car again!!

What day does everyone prefer to ride - Sat or Sun, and what is everyones fav ride.....if we collate this we should have enuf interesting rides to get us off here and on the roads!

Bike
    XJR1200, Honda CB1/400
    Count me in, provided you don't mind someone in the, er, um, more mature age bracket. I ride with Ulysses, sometimes on Sat, more often on Sun, so Saturdays would be best for me. Anywhere!

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega
    Wicked - I don't care how fast/slow/weird you ride, or how old/young you are....as long as we get to the same places, have something to eat and bullshit about how fast we were going through that 25kph corner (I did it at 200kph honest!)

All you learners out there, this is a gr8 way to improve your riding - and was exactly how I learnt........by riding with people with more experience/skill/talent than myself.........

Bike
    Triumph Daytona 650 in RED
    Originally posted by MikeL
    I ride with Ulysses,
    I've heard stories about the average speeds on Ulysses rides!!

If anyone's heading down Waikato way, PM me for my mobile number, and if I'm not working I'll be up for a ride too.
    "Women & cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A. Heinlein

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer." Bruce Graham

Bike
    2005 Blackbird xx
    Hi Wkid_One

Always keen for a ride, thanks for the drinks on Saturday and to Dan for putting my wallet out.

As per Dan request have video of the superbikes, give me a call on 021 354 010 so I can get to you.

Cheers

Bike
    A touring barge

Re: Talking v Riding

Provided no one head ons a car again!!  

Yup, I can promise you all, that is my sincere aim too  

I'll join you out there if you'll take the chance on someone with this dodgy riding record.  Now, what do you think a SJ50 will top out at?

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega
    Shall we aim for a blast on Saturday then - weather permitting - say to the Coromandel for some lunch???  They do nice Pacific Oysters and Steamed Mussels!!!

I will book an event - everyone welcome.......won't be fast (I had my fix on the track)  and for nhuanh sake we will stay clear of the Clevedon/Kaiaua Road and go via the Hunuas instead...

What does everyone think?

BigB - you are more than welcome to pop around anytime....the door is always open.....and unless I have been home all day - there is always beer in the fridge!!  Thanks for the tapes!  I'll text ya to pick them up.....

Dan

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega
    Righty ho then - here it is.........let's see what response we get - I am going anyway (provided the weather is amiable) - bring it on one and all - let's go for a ride

Right - for those who have expressed interest - and aren't going to track day.......here is a plannnnnnnnn

- Clevedon Shell at 9am
    - Maungatawhiri via Hunuas (wicked switch backs)
    (not via Kaiaua - road is shite, and last time someone tried to convert their GSXR750 in to a minimoto at the same time as parking it in the radiator of a Corolla - no NAMES!!)
    - On to Kopu - BEER
    - On to Coromandel Cafe for Lunch - via Thames
    - Back out to Kopu via Tairoa (more beer)
    - Home

If it is fine enough - we can have a BBQ at home, everyone welcome.......yee haa

It is about 450km round trip - wicked day, all sorts of roads - you'll love it

All riders welcome: single, two-up, young, old, new, experienced, fast & slow Don't feel you can't come along, there will be plenty of places to stop and either wait or catch up......it is about enjoying the ride and company more than blazing roads.......

Dan

Bike
    GSXR750 K4
    can't do saturday gents but hope you have a good time. Book me in for saturday 12th instead!

Bike
    XJR1200, Honda CB1/400
    Bugger! This Saturday I've got to go to Tauranga - can't get out of it. Following weekend I'm free!
    There'll be other occasions, hopefully...
    Enjoy the day (may the weather gods smile on you).

Bike
    Wkid_one - could you please give me an estimate on when you might make the Kopu Tavern???

If I don't overdo the alcohol this Friday night, I'll meet you there. Could you also please PM me your mobile number, just in case?

Thanks
    "Women & cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A. Heinlein

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer." Bruce Graham

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega
    If we leave Clevedon at dead on 9 - it is about 90-100km - so should take about an hour or so, as the Hunua's are nice winding bit of roads bringing the speed down a bit and the stretch of motorway to Kopu is a cop infested snake of a road - so we should be there at about 1015-1030.  If we get there any earlier we can wait if we know you are going to meet us there....

My mobile is 021 0411 814

Cheers

Dan

Bike
    Thanks for that Dan. I'll text you Saturday AM to tell you if I'm coming or not.

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega
    DON'T FORGET 9AM AT CLEVEDON SHELL - WEATHER IS SUPPOSED TO BE WICKED

PS - happy to arrange rides most weekends - let's try and get through everyones favourites ride!

Bike
    MV AGUSTA F4 STRADA
    How was the ride this weekend? Were there many up for it?

As usual I left everything to the last minute and then the site was off line so i couldn't get the info or phone numbers, so missed out. Now my e-mail is playing up, technology sucks!

Maybe next time.

Thread Information