Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Talking v Riding

Bike
    Not many, if any
    doesnt it just

well im incredibly keen, altho i dont think i have the same sorta Money to spend in the weekends as you dan, (oysters etc etc, sounds like it gets expensive) + im only 17!!!! argh, i cant wait till august, yay yay yay.  Not that i would drink before a ride anyway.

Who is keen to organise another ride in a weekends time or so (i gotta concrete all weekend to get the floor in the new workshop downstairs).

Bike
    2005 Blackbird xx
    Hi Guys

The ride was a great day long affair, there was only five of us but the numbers didn't matter it was the ride.

Left Clevedon about 9.30 and we were off to Maungatawhiri via Hunuas, Dan didn't get us lost and there's some great road out there. Only thing to watch out for was patch's of road works and signs saying works end!! and 300 metres done the road more patchs.

Slim from Hamilton met us at Kopu and from there it was across to Tairua, over the hills is just made for a bike (if you don't get stuck behind a caravan!!!)

Then off to the Coromandel Cafe for lunch, all doing our own speed being such that we all got there safely and within 20 minutes of each other.

KK I can say the the cafe was not expensive I paid $7.50 for my meal.

From Coromandel it was off to Thames nice scenery and lots corners, also one very scary moment. Two up coming round a corner at speed hit a patch of dirt sitting in the middle of the road and feel the front sliding out from under you!!!!! Managed to stay upright butt hole has become inverted, slow down for the next few km's as heart rate comes back down.

Get to Kopu pub and the stories start. Then it was the long boring ride back to Auckland.

A fantastic day had by all, lets get out there and do more.

Bike
    Not many, if any
    kool! sounds great, im keen then, unfortunatly maybe i should wait till my chain comes in a few months :/  as mine needs adjujstment every fillup basically, and its only really got one more adjustment left.. hmm :/  dunno what ill do next, take a link out.

Bike
    GSXR750 K4
    a few months!? whats the hold up? if your chain is that rooted its probably not far from snapping and completely locking your engine (they tell me it takes less than 1/2 a second!).

Definitely time to get a new one man.

Bike
    Not many, if any
    Tell me Coldkiwi... Were your parents rich? Were you brought up in a family Well off? or have you just forgotten what its like to be 17 with 4 motorcycles and a car all wanting wofs/regos/maintance constantly?  I know and realise now its a crazy position to put myself in, but when your a poor teenager you cant just afford to splash out on new chains, and i feel the wait should save approx 50% price on the chain, im getting it wholesale but it means i must order from japan and next shipment comes in 6-7 weeks from now.  So yes im taking a risk, but IMO i feel riding her gentally untill then is risking not very much for a major saving.

But then again, im only a teenager without much experience on taking risks with cahins.. well actually i lie, my GPZ750 got WAAAY more rooted then this one was, but i waited to get stuff cheap and rode her gentally and it was all good   Nothing like the big mutha f***er 630 chain :P hahaha. Costly too.

Didnt mean to sound nasty or anything, but it aint easy being poor as hell and owning too many vechiles :/    I HATE POORNESS.   But my workshop under the house is nearly finished

Bike
    MV AGUSTA F4 STRADA
    I promised myself I wouldn't let your unique attitude cause me to respond but I guess I'm weak, and I know I'm going to regret this.

If you can't afford to maintain your modes of transport in a safe condition, why do you own four bikes and a car? It sounds irresponsible to be riding/driving these potential death traps; bald tires, worn chains, etc..

You may not care or even feel the negative consequences are negligable but what about the rest of the public which may come to harm with you when one of these things "craps out'?

How do you reconcil this "devil may care" philosophy with your ambition to be one of society's "shining examples in blue"?

Bike
    Not many, if any
    Firstly, I am selling 2 bikes, but as i said, i dont like the position ive put myself in either.  Secondly, THE TYRES ARE NOT BALD! i swear to god i bought them as racing slicks officer...

Thirdly, They pay for my bike, They maintain it, They pay me at the end of the day to ride it.  So basically i pay for nothing a get a mechanically good bike... You might say im practising for that now... not paying for maintanence etc.. except the bike becomes mechanically not-good :P

Fourthly, Im a teenager without a care for my own life, let alone anybody elses :P haha no sorry, i shouldnt joke about others lives.  Well i believe that i am demonstrating good responsibility, riding out there and taking it extremely easy, and not crashing.  It helps keep my speed down, knowing my slicks are made for the track and not the rough street :P  Good example = last night, i went to a party @ around 9pm, could have taken the car, but nah, took the bike, the second i got outa titarangi it started pouring down, so what did i do? the responsible thing.. slowed down where needed and were i felt uncomfortable entering dark corners i did not know, and i let cars passed when they cought up to me, and i did the same thing only 30mins ago when i came home, aint i just responsible?

infact, Give me lots of beer!

Bike
    2011 Suziki V strom 650
    Blog Entries
    KK, my heart bleeds purple piss for you poor teenager indeed. When I was 17 I could only afford a suzuki A100, by the time I was 19 I managed a car, but couldn't afford to run a car AND a bike (and the bike wasn't up to 1500 km in a weekend to see my girlfriend). The only reason I could afford to run them was that I was an engineering apprentice and had access to workshops and tools (for free) to repair and maintain my vehicles. Did I run with bald tyres, or overstretched chains? No I walked, and got lifts until I could pay for the stuff I needed.

BTW what heaps of junk.....errr bikes are you selling....maybe someone will see them here and buy them so you can afford to keep yourself and others safe.

TTFN

Bike
    XJR1200, Honda CB1/400
    And when I was 17, not only did I have to walk 10 miles backwards in the snow to get to school...
    Seriously, KK, even though the world has changed since the bad old days, some things are still the same: unless you're very, very fortunate, you have to allocate scarce resources (i.e. money) the most economically - maximum benefit for minimum outlay. With four bikes and a car your resources must be stretched very thin, so it's not surprising that you want to cut corners on maintenance costs. False economy, my friend. It might work for a while, but sooner or later it will catch up with you. Better, I think, to have one good, safe, reliable bike than 4 dodgy ones. And if you really need two bikes for different purposes, what about getting rid of the car?
    BTW congrats on doing the responsible thing last night. Keep it up - it might become a habit, and you'll survive to become another boring old f*rt like the rest of us and can then take pleasure in dishing out advice to reckless 17 year olds...

Bike
    XJR1200, Honda CB1/400
    P.S. What the hell am I doing sitting in front of a computer at 10 o'clock on a beautiful, fine Saturday morning???
    No more advice. I'm going for a ride.

Bike
    2011 Suziki V strom 650
    Blog Entries
    Good for you. I got some work to do, then prep my bike and load the trailer for a trip to Taupo tomorrow to go racing....weather forecast for tomorrow is fine.

Bike
    Not many, if any
    Neat bluninja!.

hmm i spose i see some of ur guys points, but still, hmm, you dont understand, you dont even know me! :@ :P hahaha nooim kidding, trying to sound like a typical rebel teen.

Fair enough, well im selling my 1984 Kawasaki GPZ750A2, done 100,000km. due for a new camchain, but ive done the tensioner (smoothed etc). runs well, does use a little oil, i just tensioned the head and seems to have stopped the leaking around the barrels. new WOF + REGO + Brand new 630 chain + 2x sprockets, only been used for under 1000km, oh and new old front tyre, unused, but hard, perfect for economy, and the back is about, hmm, 50-60% worn?  how much is it worth?

CB250RS, perfect little bike, dont ever check the tyres, the bike weighs only 120kg and on hard tyres its perfect, i reckon you could get an easy 100,000km outta the tyres :P umm, yeah mechanically MINT, black tank on blue bike. Everything done on top end, i cant stress how perfect that motor is, $1400? new WOF + REGO.  but actually its kinda taken, my dads mate wants it to learn to ride again, but if for some reason he changes his mind then ill sell to anyone.

thats basically it. Hmm, ill be selling the old 1988 Mazda 323 Wagon later on i think, then getta old '85 Toyota MR2 MK1 AW11, gotta love em! closest car you can get to a motorcycle in my mind

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega
    New Ride then - what day in the Easter Break shall we blast....

I just got back from the Auck-Well-Auck trip - roads are surprisingly good, and apart from the speeding ticket, the ride rocked (as much as straight up and down riding can be)...

KK - this time make sure you turn up.......

Bike
    Not many, if any
    the server went down last time :/

And I dunno, argh, i want to but i know that hard use is only going to be detrimental to my chain on my 400, and thats the only bike im likly to take.  Unless i bring out the old slapper of a 1978 Suzuki GS1000E Street fighter style with little bikini fairing and belly pan? Bright yellow too   Its got incredibly shit brakes but it suits the bike as any brakes that actually stopped in a hurry are only as good as the tyres, and as you can imagine, i dont exactly splash out on rubber    That GS pulls like a mother f***er from low revv's tho, mean accel  even in 5th gear @ 2,000rpm

Bike
    RF900

Red face

missed this thread but anyway this weekend was shot three kids to deal to but given enough notice keen as to do the next one.
    maybe we should adopt a pub for meets? the birdcage have a thing going.in Auckland but not forgetting Wellington do they have pubs yet? five not to be sniffed at.
    Your never to old for a sportsbike

Thread Information