Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: "KBers are dicks"

Bike
    Sniff... None
    WAY too early on a Sunday morning to be talking about anything serious.

My problem with the site these days is that there's so much non-bike related stuff. Which I think is a result of the site becoming more of a community-based site, rather than a bike site. If I wanted to hear about love lives, flatmate problems, work problems and whatnot, I wouldn't be looking on a biker site. But in saying that, I love KB. It's introduced me to some wonderful people. Even the ones I don't like I'm still glad I met, because even though some might not be on my xmas card list, they're still fun to ride with! And that's what it should be about - RIDING the bike.

I like the fight club philosophy - kms travelled to post ratio of greater than 30 to 1.
    "You, Madboy, are the Uncooked Pork Sausage of Sausage Beasts. With extra herbs."
    - Jim2 c2006

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo600
    I don't think you're a dick, I think you're a cunt.

I guess anything internerdy can have connotations of dickdum to those who don't know. KB has been a fantastic resource for bikers in NZ and really pulled the community together so it's all good in my opinion. Opinions proffered without examination are ignorant opinions indeed.
    I'm a cunt? How often you been to visit since I moved to Auckland? 'Nuff said.
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    Boulevard, Ducati.
    Hey WT, why do you only have 5 x's when you have done 6000+ posts?

Bike
    BICYCLE
    Well being called a "dick" is a very general comment, I wonder what their
    idea of a dick actually is??

The people that say we are "dicks" may have had a run ins with people
    that happened to be KB members, so they decided to infer that to the whole population of 4668 KB members. Very bold conclusion.

Katie
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog
    getting a speeding ticket is far from my mind as it is unlikely to kill me..

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMike
    Hey WT, why do you only have 5 x's when you have done 6000+ posts?
    Coz you get a X when you've done a thousand mindless posts, not one. You can count can't you.
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    Boulevard, Ducati.
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash
    Coz you get a X when you've done a thousand mindless posts, not one. You can count can't you.
    :slap: 10 characters.

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Im not quite one of the "origonal" members -mainly because I hated anything to do with puters and cyberspace.
    But I have been around awhile and I've seen Kb get bigger and change into something Im not wholey comfortable with.
    I hate seeing flame wars and attacks on other members which to me is far too commen nowadays.
    Looking in from outside it wouldn't look good.
    I've seen eexactly the same sorta stuff over and over again in different biker organisations-Bronz,Telemarcos,even different bike clubs and the result is normally that the club collapses --the people who do the work organising rides,race meetings etc just have a gutsfull of all the politics and nastyness
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    Tractor
    I found this site while looking through Google for 'NZ motorcycle sites'.

I've found this place excellent for finding out info about all kinds of bike related things.
    I dont post much, but read here everyday, several times.
    I hope to contribute more.

Being out of the road bike, and basically all bike scene for 7 years (cept for toodling around my place on the dirt bikes) I have'nt had any interaction with any bikers so obviously have'nt heard any comments at all.
    When I get my on road skills back properly and a few things sorted I hope to meet some KBs and go for the odd blast etc.

I guess its like most things in life, and especially with internet forums I've found in the past.
    The good and the bad.

Why worry, who cares, if you enjoy what you're doing, carry on, and fuck the detractors.

Bike
    _
    "kiwibiker rides? ive heard theyre pretty dangerous and quite a few people crash"

^ ive had that a couple of times.
    "Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

Bike
    L1 GSXR 1000
    Yeah it's a shame all the shit slinging, trolling etc. that goes on here, But I still think the good side far out weighs the bad.

I have meet and ridin with alot of cool people, whom with out KB the most contact I would have had with, was a friendly wave while passing.

If people think where dicks, good for them, but in all honesty I think there the ones missing out.

When ever I come across a fellow biker, I always rant & rave about KB, when I should be promoting KMC.

Bike
    1982 kawasaki ZK440
    Quote Originally Posted by madboy
    WAY too early on a Sunday morning to be talking about anything serious.

My problem with the site these days is that there's so much non-bike related stuff. Which I think is a result of the site becoming more of a community-based site, rather than a bike site. If I wanted to hear about love lives, flatmate problems, work problems and whatnot, I wouldn't be looking on a biker site. But in saying that, I love KB. It's introduced me to some wonderful people. Even the ones I don't like I'm still glad I met, because even though some might not be on my xmas card list, they're still fun to ride with! And that's what it should be about - RIDING the bike.

I like the fight club philosophy - kms travelled to post ratio of greater than 30 to 1.
    HHmmm.. there is a magic here in this club, it could well be the flatmate problems, work problems or heart attacks etc that keep it going, it is showing us all that we are not alone with our problems, bikes are not just bikes, we ride them for a reason. My real getaway hobby is photography, I don’t know a hell of a lot about it, but more than some, I am in clubs on the net, and that’s it, just photography, these guys are struggling for members, why would this be? Were as here this club it’s very active. Of course this club won’t suit everyone, it’s a bit like some vote for labour, some vote for national or whatever, who’s right, who’s wrong.

Bike
    GSXR 750 (No 10)
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash
    I'm a cunt? How often you been to visit since I moved to Auckland? 'Nuff said.
    Can't argue with that one. Fancy making me feel like a cunt on my Sunday. You cunt you.
    Superdukes. Serving up shame to sportsbikes since ages ago.

Bike
    RSVR-BICILINDRICO
    From what has been said to me by older peolpe that I have talked to about KB is that there are to many Young know it all's on there as well as older ones & from what they have heard the group rides are more a race then anything else . Myself I would have to agree with this but everyone has their time of stupidness even me ! Will be getting back to taking rides this year with a new focus on skill based rides & correct riding practice while on the road . I think all us older riders can remember been young & riding like there was no tomorrow , lets try to teach our next generation of KB elders the right way so they to can live a long a happy riding life !

SENSEI PERFORMANCE TUNING

" QUICKER THAN YOU SLOWER THAN ME "

Bike
    Guzzi
    Yes a bit sad but true. Mention you post on KB and I get that look like I'm a leper. So don't mention it much now'a'days. I don't think it has much to do with any 'stick' that is given here. I think you either frequent forums or you don't. Most that come and look might not be forum posters per se. I bet there are other forums that most of us post on. It might no be a biker forum but another that has an interest for you.

I go on a couple of fishing sites on the odd occasion, but in truth I spend more time on here with you guys than anywhere else.

It's the flavour of Kiwibiker that' uniqe and we all contribute to that.

Skyryder
    Free Scott Watson.

Bike
    Big ol' Hornet.
    I dont mind being a dick at times. Would be a boring place if there were no dicks. If it weren't for KB I wouldn't have met all the awesome people I've had the pleasure of riding with. Nor would I have got useful mechanical information to help me fix my bike. Also, I wouldn't be feeling the excitement of preparing for the training day with JM & SH.

Of all the people I have told about KB, not one has had any negative comments so maybe it's a location thing going on there with the negative comments.

To me KB is like my extended family. We have our little squabbles but at the end of the day we all share the joy of being part of a cool community.
    Do not handicap your children by making their lives easy.
    Heinlein

MotoTT Trackdays

Thread Information