Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: "KBers are dicks"

Bike
    All of them
    Who fucking cares. It is what it is.
    Next you'll be on that 'motorcyclists reputation' bandwagon.

Bike
    SUZUKI TR50 STREET MAGIC
    Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY
    Im not quite one of the "origonal" members -mainly because I hated anything to do with puters and cyberspace.
    But I have been around awhile and I've seen Kb get bigger and change into something Im not wholey comfortable with.
    I hate seeing flame wars and attacks on other members which to me is far too commen nowadays.
    Looking in from outside it wouldn't look good.
    I've seen eexactly the same sorta stuff over and over again in different biker organisations-Bronz,Telemarcos,even different bike clubs and the result is normally that the club collapses --the people who do the work organising rides,race meetings etc just have a gutsfull of all the politics and nastyness
    YOUR A DICK FROSTY AND IM GONNA MAKE YOU EAT GRASS AGAIN NEXT TIME I SEE YOU , WHATS THIS BULLSHIT YOU BEEN SAYING ABOUT BEING FASTER THAN ME?

Bike
    Gone!(for now)
    Well hey now, from the perspective of someone on the outside looking in (i've been registered for a while but a posting virgin) I'd have to say the whole "your'e all dick's" thing is a crock of shit! You guy's have been a great source of information & entertainment for me on my current obsession with getting a road bike. I have belonged to a few dirt bike clubs and as in life theres always going to be differing opinions (dicks?) but i guess thats what makes it interesting. Keep it up its great! Whoa, thanks for that, I'm off for a lay down.

Bike
    600RR3
    Anyone judging in that way, based on hearsay or the actions of a few, is a bit of a simpleton really. As sad as I feel for them for denying themselves potentially good experiences, I don't worry about their view of me too much.

Having said that, any biker that I've mentioned KB to normally has no idea what the hell it is.

KB is great...having so much knowledge and so many opinions to draw from in a time of need is really valuable. Being able to give a bit back now and then is kinda cool too.

I have only been on a handful of KB rides and Puke open days, but people were generally really welcoming and far from a pack of dicks. Considering that normally all of them knew each other and I was the odd one out, this puts them above most 'groups' that I've ever come in contact with.

As for the flaming and people being dicks...have a little more self assuredness people. If someone unjustifiably judges you ill, then they're the loser...if they're right, then thank them for giving you the chance to change yourself and make it right. I think I've probably learnt a bit from KB in this area.

Bike
    buying mx and roady!-watch this space-
    KB has shitloads of members, and loads of ppl contribute, whats more to say, its shit hot! info right at your fingertips when you need it

Bike
    Its yellow. Sometimes a green one
    Blog Entries
    They say "KBrs are Dicks, Crashers, Mad, Dangerous, etc."

I say, "yep thats true. Sounds like us."

They say "why do you talk to them? i hear they are all fuckwits"

I say "Fuck you mate who the fuck do you think you are trying to tell me how to live my life and dictate who i talk to. I have met some really good people on here. People that i have never met face to face that i can ring for help at 3am after a major crash in the middle of nowhere and get some help. People that dont judge me because i ride way to fast. People that have a sence of humour. People that help me keep my sanity while i recovered from a life threatening accident that has kept me off a bike for 7 months (and counting). Where the fuck were you when i needed a sholder to cry on at midnight when the pain got too much? Fuck off asshole these people ARE my friends."

They slink off with their tail between the legs wondering to themselves if maybe they had us all wrong.

Bike
    2001 XJR1300
    O bugger i thought this was the amway site, hahahahahahahaha well its almost the same ISNT IT. lol
    Dont sweat the small stuff, It only makes you stressed,

Bike
    2008 Kettweisel Style.

Arrow Dunno.

I don't pay much attention to that sort of shyte anymore and reckon its more their problem eh. These days I tend not to mention much about kiwibiker that much unless someone has a keen interest in gaining information and/or meeting people. I reckon some riders are a tad strange, with anyone being outside their group being a "dick". Which in turn ends up with them actually looking like an arse IMO.
    Those who insist on perfect safety, don't have the balls to live in the real world.

Bike
    _
    Quote Originally Posted by Dont_die_wondering
    info right at your fingertips when you need it
    and naked girlies on bikes available on tap also
    que: fishslayer
    "Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

This site seems to have attracted a lot of ''needy'' people - mostly young with a desire to ''belong'',they need to talk to each other with no content,they want to ride together...all in all very random.I don't come to this site to get involved with people,I have made no real friends from this site,and don't care if I do or don't,I seldom go for rides with members of this site...I prefer not to,but sometimes I might tag along for awhile.I don't talk about the site with others,and will switch my computer to TradeMe if a rider walks into my shop.I have done over 6 thousand posts here,but don't feel I ''belong'',I'm not a KB member as you seem to call it.I just like to have my finger on the pulse of motorcycling.The more it mutates into a boys club the less time I'll spend here.

Yes,I'm embarassed to admit I'm on this site....I don't want people to think I'm one of the dicks here.

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    Kb is a melting pot of people, genders, ages, experience, knowledge, attitudes, the works.
    Thats what makes it what it is, sure some people clash from time to time but shit that isn't soley contained to here, it happens everywhere. And for someone looking in and judging what the atmosphere & culture of the site is is pretty short sighted.
    When i joined in i was soley looking for something & stumbled on to KB through the dropbears site, as many do i browsed around prior to registering, but the site showed itself to be diverse in its knowledge & entertaining to boot.
    For an outsider to make a judgement call without actually experiencing the enviroment completely is totally misguided.

Bike
    01 - ZX7R
    its just tall poppy syndrome.

KB is huge. And with that comes two things.

first up you get the people that are probably a bit green they aren't involved.

secondly - with such a big community you inevitably attract the odd bad apple.

but for the majority - we are not dicks. just good guys that enjoy biking.

The only real negative comment i have ever really heard was:

"Geez - i wouldn't go on a ride with those KB'ers, too damn fast for me."

but how is it a bad thing if we have a large number of people on here who are damn good at riding bikes?
    gone.

Bike
    Diamondback.
    People mock what they don't understand sometimes. The "dicks" comment may be an ill-informed judgement on a group of bikers, who just happen to be computer literate too, and have a tight friendship both on and off line, and this may be a source of jealousy for the ill-informed... who knows.

I think however, if its the actions of KB'ers at track days and organised rides that brings this comment up, then thats another kettle of fish. Has anyone actually had fish in their kettle?, and if so, how did it get there?.
    Homer you shot the zombie Flanders !
    He was a Zombie?

Bike
    Barry
    I am always happy to say I am on KB... if someone tells me they ride bikes I immediately ask them if they are on KB and if not I tell them to join up.. so obviously I am not ashamed of it!

I can see how people looking from the outside can see that there are dicks in here... when I first joined I was easily offended but after awhile on here you get used to it. People mostly throw shit because they know it doesn't mean anything. I have met a heap of great people on this site and learnt a lot! I'm not going anywhere!!
    I'm gonna make it so PC

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei
    From what has been said to me by older peolpe that I have talked to about KB is that there are to many Young know it all's on there as well as older ones & from what they have heard the group rides are more a race then anything else . Myself I would have to agree with this but everyone has their time of stupidness even me ! Will be getting back to taking rides this year with a new focus on skill based rides & correct riding practice while on the road . I think all us older riders can remember been young & riding like there was no tomorrow , lets try to teach our next generation of KB elders the right way so they to can live a long a happy riding life !
    I couldn't care less what people think or say, at least on KB you have a lot of freedom to express yourself within reason. If you don't like it, don't read it!
    There is no rule that says you have to be what you are not.
    I felt like an intruder at first because I am old but I feel I am privileged to be allowed to read the wide spectrum of opinions expressed on here, on all sorts of topics, not just bikes.
    So far I have been very impressed with the general knowledge and common sense of the young people on here. Some very silly things are said at times but at least it creates a balance and a lot of it is pure piss take.
    It is also good to get the female point of view about bikes and things general.
    If being on KB means you are considered to be a "Dick", then I am proud to be a "Dick".
    Thank you all for allowing me to be with you.
    Too isolated to join rides but look forward to meeting you in person on the road sometime.
    I have already met some nice people from on Kiwi Biker. Cheers John.

Thread Information