Thread: "KBers are dicks"

Bike
    1992 Honda Xelvis VT250FN
    All Kiwibikers are dicks.

But they're good dicks.

Bike
    Buell Xb12x, SR500
    Quote Originally Posted by Motu
    This site seems to have attracted a lot of ''needy'' people - mostly young with a desire to ''belong'',they need to talk to each other with no content,they want to ride together...all in all very random.I don't come to this site to get involved with people,I have made no real friends from this site,and don't care if I do or don't,I seldom go for rides with members of this site...I prefer not to,but sometimes I might tag along for awhile.I don't talk about the site with others,and will switch my computer to TradeMe if a rider walks into my shop.I have done over 6 thousand posts here,but don't feel I ''belong'',I'm not a KB member as you seem to call it.I just like to have my finger on the pulse of motorcycling.The more it mutates into a boys club the less time I'll spend here.

Yes,I'm embarassed to admit I'm on this site....I don't want people to think I'm one of the dicks here.
    Sorry Motu, but you "belong".
    i enjoy your posts immensely, maybe because we share similar tastes in bikes or whatever. I don't do the group ride thing much either, and have made few friends (as yet) in the "real world" from KB.
    But, i get a LOT out of KB, as i am frequently housebound with my little kids, and it keeps me sane when i'm covered in baby food, smelling dirty nappies or just plain exhausted. Also as my project bike took a lot lot longer than expected, the advice i got (some from you BTW) and the fellowship i enjoyed was often one of the high points of my weeks.

so - you are one of us dicks.
    deal with it.

k
    I am Jack's complete lack of remorse .

Bike
    Massey ferguson 7495 dyna-vt
    Quote Originally Posted by Dafe
    through to your sensible riders "Mikey, Madboy, Cowpoos"
    I'm gunna bite you!!!!!! label me with those two twats....and besides I'm in the rapa....thats rite.....the wairarapa hardcore....!!!!!!!

and yer....bout this thread....theres fuckin heaps of dicks out there in life....so why would everyone like this site......shit why would anyone who's on this site like everyone thats on here...we are all different....think different....so of course you won't like everyone....

Not everyone in life will like you....but the ones that do will more than make up for the ones that don't........peace out bro
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Given the short comings of my riding style, it doesn't matter what I'm riding till I've got my shit in one sock.

Bike
    Massey ferguson 7495 dyna-vt
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei
    From what has been said to me by older peolpe that I have talked to about KB is that there are to many Young know it all's on there :
    age has no bearing on intelligence....tell them old know it alls that....and then they can go fuck them selfs.....eh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Given the short comings of my riding style, it doesn't matter what I'm riding till I've got my shit in one sock.

Bike
    donated
    i'm on this site purely for entertainment,and to be honest at the moment i would spend more time on the p.c, than riding my bike, i've been on part of 1 KB organised ride it was entertaining but 2 stop startish for my taste, personally i've got more important issues to be concerned about than someone thinking i'm a dick, like, some people think i'm a cunt

Bike

Blah

Maybe its because some people have these huge, unrealistic online ego's, which while entertaining, might seem a little 'dickish' to the unintiated?

Bike
    Upgrading ^_^
    I doubt I'd be riding now without KB. I have a fair bit to thank the community for, all the years of lurking and trolling gave me an excellent preparation for actually riding, making me much less n00b-ish than I have any right to be.

I know people who despise KB for the rides, because of the race attitude (no complaints about that from me :P), and the number of crashes present. They believe that these rides have been causing new bikers to can the whole thing because of binning in situations where they feel pressured to keep up.

I'm not exactly sure of what place the rides should have as part of the community. The only ride I have attended was split decisively between the litre-club guys going hell for leather, and the rest, which was pathetically slow. (yes, this was the ride where I binned in the wet, completely seperate from the KB group I must say!)

But the people are cool. Some that are very informative and helpful (Motu, Ixion et al), some that do nothing but talk shit, and most which are just pretty friendly! (oh, and WINJA, who has roffled my waffles more times than I can count. "You must spread some reputation around before giving it to WINJA" :P)
    Eat the riches! Eat your money! The revolution will be DELICIOUS!!!

Bike
    keyboard jockey
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash

What d'ya reckon?
    your a dick, homo

Bike
    keyboard jockey
    that there are to many Young know it all's on there
    plenty of old know it all cunts to
    from what they have heard the group rides are more a race then anything else, I think all us older riders can remember been young & riding like there was no tomorrow , lets try to teach our next generation of KB elders the right way so they to can live a long a happy riding life ! :cool
    man, what a load of shit, not the advice, just who its coming from

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    I lurked around for a while and I chose what I thought would be a safe 1st post which was a reply to what is your fave looking bike.
    I said the Ducati Hyper Motard and straight away Biff comes in and accuses me of being the type to look at other mens penises at urinals, so yeah, I realized very early on there were "dicks" here. I'm glad it did not put me off as I have got so much out of KB and I'd like to think I've given some back too.
    I feel everybody can add something, so picking on newbies is a pathetic self serving ego boosting sport. Just because they have posted a handful of times and they have a L plate tag does not mean they do not know anything, for all one knows they could be a national level racer with 20 years+ experience including winning championships, eh Biff!

I treat people online as I would in the real world, I would be surprised if some stranger came up to me at a race meeting and said you look like the type to check out mens penises at urinals, and I'm not just saying that because I'm 2 meters tall lol

I've bought 5 others to the site now, four of them women but don't thank me cowpoos I'm not doing it for you, I'm just trying to balance things up around here lol
    Every biker I meet, I too ask them if they have heard of KB, if the answer is no, I tell them to check it out. I also tell them it can be feisty with a few dicks about, but it is still well worth while to join up.

I now have a road bike for the 1st time this century, and this too is directly a result of myself joining KB.

So A HUGE THANKS to Spankme and all the moderators toiling away tirelessly in order to give us the most incredible biker community ever created in this fine country.

Bike
    Guzzi
    Quote Originally Posted by GR81
    "kiwibiker rides? ive heard theyre pretty dangerous and quite a few people crash"
    (

SSShhhhhhhhhhhhsshhhhhhhhhhh. We don't talk about that.

Skyryder
    Free Scott Watson.

Bike
    Guzzi
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite
    I lurked around for a while and I chose what I thought would be a safe 1st post which was a reply to what is your fave looking bike.
    I said the Ducati Hyper Motard and straight away Biff comes in and accuses me of being the type to look at other mens penises at urinals, so yeah, I realized very early on there were "dicks" here. I'm glad it did not put me off as I have got so much out of KB and I'd like to think I've given some back too.
    I feel everybody can add something, so picking on newbies is a pathetic self serving ego boosting sport. Just because they have posted a handful of times and they have a L plate tag does not mean they do not know anything, for all one knows they could be a national level racer with 20 years+ experience including winning championships, eh Biff!
    So you're the reason Biff's been lumbered with a $300 levy for residency.

Skyryder
    Free Scott Watson.

Bike
    Hornet 900
    Couldn't agree more with your entire post Sugilite. I know some people here enjoy winding people up and having a piss-take, but it's usually best to actually know the person a little first!
    My motto in life and on here is, if you have nothing nice or constructive to say, say nothing at all. I don't expect people to agree with everything I say all of the time, but shit, let me at least have my opinion, and if you don't agree, then that's fine (you can get farked, oops, I mean...), but you don't need to personally attack me.
    So anyway, to say something nice, I enjoy the info I get from this site, attending the occasional KB or associated ride, everyone I have met (so far) from here are really nice people and value the opinion of several KBers that always have great advice; sugilite, Uncle B, et al, etc etc.
    So thanks.
    Mrs KD.

Bike
    ZX14
    I've found this site has some very good information on it, but very clicky as the 1thousand+ posters seen to only interact with each other, which is all good if you've the time to spend on here. I've also seen a lack of tollerance towards new members at times which makes it a bit harder to "join in". As for being dicks? There's dicks on every forum, every work place and every social circle.

Bike
    None any more
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash
    What d'ya reckon?
    I don't think that Kiwi Biker holds the patent on wankerdom. But people are generally more respectful when they can see the bug splats on another biker, rather than some of the crap that goes down in here at times.

Mrs H and I have made some great mates through Kiwi Biker. We even bought a new Marauder via PMs with this skinny dude who used to live and work down this end of the island...
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Thread Information