Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: "KBers are dicks"

Bike
    06 10 WITH ALL THE FANCY BITS
    WELL i JUST PUT MY OLD KIWIBIKER STICKER ON THE BACK OF MY BIKE AGAIN SO YOU CUNTS AND OTHER PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT ON THE SITE CAN COME ON AND MOAN ABOUT MY MOTORWAY ANTICS AND SAY THAT ALL KIWIBIKERS ARE DICKS, IT'S THE DUMBARSE RIDER ON A ZX2RC WITH THE LOUD CAN ON THE SOUTHERN EVERY DAY IF YOU WANNA HAVE A GO SWEET OKAY? DON'T GET CONFUSED WITH THE RS250 THOUGH, HE IS A NANA.

Bike
    77' CB750 Cafe Racer, 2009 Z750
    Quote Originally Posted by Biff
    It reminds me of that village from American Werewolf in London. You know the one that the two hitch-hikers come accross while tramping accross the moors - it's....'creepy'?

Thats just coz ye wasn't a local! They all stop talking and stare at you when you walked in?
    I love the smell of twin V16's in the morning..

Bike
    big black k6 GiX
    Quote Originally Posted by jonbuoy
    Thats just coz ye wasn't a local! They all stop talking and stare at you when you walked in?
    que the tumbleweed

Bike
    GSXR600
    Well according to my User CP I'm a Fag - Ah shit I wanted to be a dick!

Bike
    Exxon Valdez

I'm a dick!

And you should know that you are too WT!
    I reckon it's because in any large group, there are some complete fucktards, and those are the ones people remember, try to remember some random person who was polite and courteous, aint easy, unless someone is stand out, hands down the salt of the earth, or a fuckin wanker, they tend to slip from our memory.
    Unfortunately there are more of the later in this world than there are of the former.

Bike
    Trumpton triple
    Quote Originally Posted by cowpoos
    big dick....little dick....stupid dick....
    swinging dick.....

Bike
    Sold

Fantasy and reality, "KB dicks" could it be the difference?

One thing I find very interesting about KB is the anonymity and the minds eye picture you build about the contributors/ members/ posters.

This thread about other peoples perception of KBr's being "dicks" is probably as appropriate a thread to post about it. IE: Our perception is our reality after all.

I tend to build up a minds eye image based on what the posters present!

IE: User name, Avatar, subject matter, expressed opinions, language, politics, use of emoticons, spelling and technical knowledge and understanding etc etc.

Another factor is location and who they tend to group/identify with on the forum.

All of this "information" is subconsciously processed in my mind and I form a minds eye picture of the individual behind it and I get kind of comfortable with this perceived character and begin to think I know them!

Then something crazy happens and we stumble upon each other out on the road, at a fuel or food stop, or even at a bike rally and reality takes control.

The person that you meet face to face is nothing at all like the character you have grown to know so well on KB and you have to start all over again.

How many of you have built up a picture of say, Biff ( Ya gotta love that avatar) and then met him in person? Was he anything like your minds eye perception? I very much doubt it!

I have not had that pleasure yet but look forward to that some day! (meeting Biff)

What I am alluding to here is that though we all have some perception of the "dicks" on KB, the privilege of personal contact and knowledge of each other will probably paint an entirely different picture altogether.

This forum has that unique feature and I for one have so far really enjoyed the privilege of participation and look forward to a lot more surprises in the future.

Just thought I would share a few of my thoughts on my "perceptions". Cheers John.

Bike
    All of them
    Fuck no I don't wanna meet Biff - he'd probably have his Wozza out.

Bike
    2001 Duc 7 4 8 R
    Don't really care about what others think KB'ers , My experence has been excellent.

Over the last year for example

KB biker stored my bike whilst living in London for last year. He re-arranged his chocca garage to fit it in ,brought a dust cover for the bike , Cleaned it to an awesome stage , put fuel stabliser in petrol etc etc, I go to pick the bike up , so he gives the disks a clean , cleans and oils the chain, reblackens the mirros , checks air etc.Bike starts first time (once sidestand is up ) You can't believe how grateful I am (Cheers Jim2)

Was a bit nervous during 7/7 in London , Slept in which resulted in me not being on the Tube System at the time (Wife on bus network at same time).Rather upsetting day.
    I put out some pretty ranty emails around the time. People here were understanding and offered support.

KB was also a life line for me as to what was happening in NZ, As they say , you don't miss it ,until you leave it.

Spent a couple of weeks on a motorcycle tour of Argentina recently, Wife and I were new to offroad riding and to which type of bike to hire for the 4k km journey.
    Got it down to a short list, Oldrider (Someone I'd like to meet) offered his opinon which took the guess work / worry as to which bike would be right for tour (Transalp).
    The bike worked out to be perfect.

I've read countless posts about people helping people, I think thats the true spirit of KB.
    It's not a beer pot .... It's a fuel tank for a sex machine

Trip of a life time http://www.buenosaires-caracas.com.ar/tours.html
    Trip details here

Bike
    Just face the facts.... We're all dicks!

Bike
    Buell Xb12x, SR500
    Quote Originally Posted by XTC
    i'm a dick.
    I am Jack's complete lack of remorse .

Bike
    Hornet 900
    Guilty as charged.

Bike
    Triumph Sprint ST
    Quote Originally Posted by XTC
    If you're not a dick, you're a pussy or an arsehole

Bike
    Bus/Waiwai express/Train GN250 RIP
    You know if we all brought KB patches and nominated someones garage as a meeting place we could probably graduate from a group of dicks to a gang. Ohhh, wouldn't my mother be proud of me! Aside from that, i was at work looking at a review of the M109R. I wanted to talk about it. Being the only rider out of 35 staff, i was glad to get home and jump into the chatroom. Am i dick, i guess so. But like i care.

Bike
    Darmah, 888, B50SS
    Quote Originally Posted by bungbung
    If you're not a dick, you're a pussy or an arsehole
    I'm a boob.
    ...she took the KT, and left me the Buell to ride....(Blues Brothers)

Thread Information