Thread: what happened to 2-strokes?

Bike
    farmquad

what happened to 2-strokes?

I notice mostly only small bikes are made in 2-stroke now. & cars are mostly all 4 stroke, but the direct injection 2 strokes especially the marine engine ones seem pretty good & make lower emissions,more torque,less weight, use low amounts of oil & have less or equivalent noise & have less moving parts so lower maintenance than their equivalent 4 stroke cousins.
    was it just the 'oil crisis scare' & environmental lobbying that did it?
    anyone have any good insight? especially why there seems to be less development on the 2 stroke bike front.
    ..it's another red light nightmare..

Bike
    None any more
    What happened to two-strokes?

Meiosis. Meiosis and evolution. Cast your mind back to fifth-form biology. Once they reached puberty it was only going to be a matter of time. Where did you think four-strokes came from?
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Non-direct injection two-strokes can't meet late '80s California emissions regulations, let alone modern European standards.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    farmquad
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim2
    Non-direct injection two-strokes can't meet late '80s California emissions regulations, let alone modern European standards.
    yeah kinda wondered why with modern injection technology they didn't get back into development, i guess only some did.

as for the cell division analogy thats far too above my intellect to comprehend. while the geeks were dissecting frogs, i was exploring applied 5th form biology. no wonder i can't hrdly spell & my diction is crap,
    ..it's another red light nightmare..

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher
    What happened to two-strokes?

Meiosis. Meiosis and evolution. Cast your mind back to fifth-form biology. Once they reached puberty it was only going to be a matter of time. Where did you think four-strokes came from?
    So why are there no 8 strokes ? And does this mean that all bikes are evolved from the famous one stroke Spragthorpe ?
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

One word - Kalifornia....

Thread Information