Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tankslappers explained

Bike
    08 ZX-6R Race Bike, FXR150
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback
    yeah mate...gotta love it when they're nasty enough to force the pistons back into the calipers!
    hehehe i still have fond memories of that on my ZXR400.... have a lock to lock tank slapper, tyre screeching at each lock... Thanking god i didnt arse of, go to grab a handfull of brake for the esses "Ah fuck no brakes...."

As for the TL.... as bruce said... Death has the best story... I loved that TL Bruce... shouldnt have sold it man...
    See Robert Taylor for any Ohlins requirements www.northwest.co.nz
    Thanks Colemans Suzuki
    Thanks AMCC
    I use DID Chains and Akrapovic Exhausts

Bike
    Various things
    I know what you mean mate....I had one like that on the first demo we put on and nearly binned it big.
    Had to go home for new scuddos.

Bike
    WEAPON
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Smoker
    I loved that TL Bruce... shouldnt have sold it man...
    I fkn loved it too mate, almost more than the GSXR, maybe more, it was a wicked bike, espesh my one lol, but it loved my wallet, and the engine was showing signs of the abuse, wonder if it's still alive? God bless TL's
    GSXR wiping the shit that is that Honda, Yamaha and Kawasaki off the road since '85'

All you Gixxer riders check it out http://www.gixxerplanet.com/home/ind...referrerid=235
    For all your riding saftey gear needs and Remus Mufflers check out www.quasimoto.co.nz
    Anything Suzuki! Rock into Colemans and check it out www.colemans-suzuki.co.nz

Bike
    TL1000S , XB12R
    At my age I would be happy with a slapper

Not that sort huh ???

had a couple on the TL but only one had me scared , the steering damper takes care of em . Its a lot tamer without the rotary door closer thing that was supposed to control the suspension.

The theory in the first post is correct though , look at how many bikes carry on straight ahead after they have tossed thier rider.

Bike
    RMZ450,Pit Bike(Its Dirt`OClock!)
    Awesome thread, thanks for the info! ;-)
    "Arguing on the internet is like competing in the special Olympics, even if you win, you're still retarded"

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback
    I know what you mean mate....I had one like that on the first demo we put on and nearly binned it big.
    Had to go home for new scuddos.
    Did'nt stop ya telling me to take it for a test ride with a near empty tank of gas ya bastard!
    I took it up Mt Victoria, and ended up having a wild slapper whilst passing a bus load of japanese tourists! They got a prime view of that bike doing it's best to spit me as I rode past their bus!

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite
    Did'nt stop ya telling me to take it for a test ride with a near empty tank of gas ya bastard!
    I took it up Mt Victoria, and ended up having a wild slapper whilst passing a bus load of japanese tourists! They got a prime view of that bike doing it's best to spit me as I rode past their bus!
    You like it rough mate.....

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Was that you I saw the other night on a street corner with your hydraulic dampner hanging out your pants hoping to attract slappers?

Bike
    77' CB750 Cafe Racer, 2009 Z750
    Not many bikes seem to have a rep for doing it nowadays. ZX10R without damper and CBR600RR are the only ones I've heard about that will if provoked.
    I love the smell of twin V16's in the morning..

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite
    Was that you I saw the other night on a street corner with your hydraulic dampner hanging out your pants hoping to attract slappers?
    Yeah, but I wasn't wearing any pants!

Bike
    Cagiva Navigator 1000
    Great thread and I have only ever had one occasion. Got a bit smart with me old bandits suspension. Grafted a Gixxer shock into the rear and Dropped the front which sharpened the steering up a real treat. Just when I was thinking that you really could make a silk purse out of a sows ear, an exit from a 55 kay bend, over a hump giving it shit, saw me recieve a real ugly tank slapper that I survived mainly by good luck than skill.
    If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've just high-sided!
    مافي مشكلة

Bike
    1986 BMW R80rt

First big slapper

Cruising back from the Brass Monkey south of Palmerston, noticed a glassy patch on the road, running straight and smooth at 90k, then all hell broke loose. The revs built up (wheel spin) and the BMW R80 took of sideways big time. Back of power to a violent tank slapper.Side to side for about 8 slaps and slowly came straight. Holly heck, if this is the joys of motor cycling you can stuff it. Totally unprevoked probible cause a patch of diesel,The weather was misty, damp, no rain, cold. My first big one. Riding for 50 years. Is it tme to sell my bike?

Bike
    06 Bandit GSF 1200SK6

lmfao

Quote Originally Posted by Falconer
    Cruising back from the Brass Monkey south of Palmerston, noticed a glassy patch on the road, running straight and smooth at 90k, then all hell broke loose. The revs built up (wheel spin) and the BMW R80 took of sideways big time. Back of power to a violent tank slapper.Side to side for about 8 slaps and slowly came straight. Holly heck, if this is the joys of motor cycling you can stuff it. Totally unprevoked probible cause a patch of diesel,The weather was misty, damp, no rain, cold. My first big one. Riding for 50 years. Is it tme to sell my bike?
    sorry that one just really cracked me up, is there some benefit to being female ? as it only seems to be guys posting ..

Bike
    Big ol' Hornet.
    Quote Originally Posted by chanceyy
    sorry that one just really cracked me up, is there some benefit to being female ? as it only seems to be guys posting ..
    Only benefit to being female when tankslappers occur is we dont have those extra bits to get squashed
    I had my worst ever tankslapper on my Impulse. Was overtaking some big pajero or something when I hit some munted tarseal and the bike wobbled so violently under me the petrol tap went straight into my knee cap! OUCH! The pain was intense & I thought my knee was broken.
    Last year when I had my mates ZZR1100 with a squared off rear tyre I came over a bumpy bridge on a corner at about 120 when it tried to break loose & spit me off. The rest of the trip to Gisborne my wrists were rather tender.
    Do not handicap your children by making their lives easy.
    Heinlein

MotoTT Trackdays

Bike
    2001 suzuki GSX 1200Y

my first & last i hope

Quote Originally Posted by Falconer View Post
    i had an old gs 850 a few years ago, was comming back from wanganui to napier.
    was on a long straight a slight drizzle just started, more of a mist really, decided to pass this big hotrod van towing a car trailer, as i get up beside him at about 130k my back end tried to overtake me! i corected it to find my arse passing me on the other side.
    this carried on for what seemed an enternity, the bars were almost hard lock from side to side now with a big very tight corner aproaching fast.
    it was either the 9 wire fence and into the paddock at the end or lay her down and take the corner.
    i new i did not have a shit show of making the bend but went for it, you know as soon as i laid her into the corner, as greasy as it was the bike came good, around she went!!!
    it was a slow ride home in the rain from then on....shit!!!!!! i thought i was dead.

Thread Information