Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: The Kat's not well

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    IT'S ALIVE

The Kats purring again
    Well, the Kats out of ICU and back home in a comfortable position in the garage.
    Now the findings were as we know rooted solanoid, next was a shaged fork seal due to rust and pitted holes on the fork leg... fixed for the mean time thanks to the old trick of sanding the shit out of it and epoxy.

Now #2 pot... carbs, full of water as were the other carbs, but #2 the diaframe had collapsed and the emulsion tube was corroded, the carb also had a different sized jet in it to the other three.
    I scored a set of 1100 carbs but it turned out that they were the same size as what the bike already had.

Next w/e is rd3 BEARs so time will tell, but its sounding different and starting sweet.
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    OK it sound different but the $64,000 question is: does it haul any harder than it did before??
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog
    OK it sound different but the $64,000 question is: does it haul any harder than it did before??
    The biggest performance improvement that bike could get would be a new rider
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha
    The biggest performance improvement that bike could get would be a new rider
    Ya worried now aint ya? I can tell... dont you worry bout the rider man, just worry bout keeping ya arse on the seat aye

Quote Originally Posted by scumdog
    Like a school boy SD... pulling like a school boy
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous
    IT'S ALIVE

The Kats purring again
    next was a shaged fork seal due to rust and pitted holes on the fork leg... fixed for the mean time thanks to the old trick of sanding the shit out of it and epoxy.

Good on ya Rangi

Now #2 pot... carbs, full of water as were the other carbs, but #2 the diaframe had collapsed and the emulsion tube was corroded, the carb also had a different sized jet in it to the other three.
    I scored a set of 1100 carbs but it turned out that they were the same size as what the bike already had.
    You mean you didn't take care of the basics before you started diddling around with it it's a worry

(p/t)

Bike
    Ducati M750/ MotoFXR
    Very slightly off topic- I have the option of picking up a GSX1100 for $1500. Not reeaaally what I'm looking for, but would it be any good? Ignore that fact that I would be riding it! If a decent rider was on it against a decent rider on something more nimble like an LC would the GSX stand a chance?
    My daughter telling me like it is:
    "There is an old man in your face daddy!"

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyB
    Very slightly off topic- I have the option of picking up a GSX1100 for $1500. Not reeaaally what I'm looking for, but would it be any good? Ignore that fact that I would be riding it! If a decent rider was on it against a decent rider on something more nimble like an LC would the GSX stand a chance?

At that price you would be silly not to buy it, and if you dont want to I would be interested in it

with a decent rider yes it would, the LC doesnt have the top end speed or the same punch out of the corners
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    I have the option of picking up a GSX1100 for $1500. Not reeaaally what I'm looking for, but would it be any good?
    Mate, they hold there own, I mean like at Teratonga it was a GSX 11 that won each race, be it a rather hoted up bike but it still did the job, and the other 11 there was hauling arse rather well too
    So tell me more bout this eleven
    Quote Originally Posted by T.W.R
    You mean you didn't take care of the basics before you started diddling around with it it's a worry

(p/t)
    thats right... be buggered if I was going near 4 carbs, havnt the patents for that, and I aint no rangi
    So thanks to Triumph Street and Sport the bikes tuned rather minities
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    BSA A10
    Mate, they hold there own, I mean like at Teratonga it was a GSX 11 that won each trace, be it a rather hoed up bike but it still did the job, and the other 11 there was hauling arse rather well too
    So tell me more bout this eleven
    Won each race my arse, it only finished one race because it shit the clutch in the 2nd race, the GS1000 won the second and I won the third

Teretonga is also track that suits big bikes because Diesel Pig beat him at Levels on James RD400 and I even passed him a couple of time

Buy it, ring him now, you can always on sell it or trade it if you dont like it

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha
    Won each race my arse, it only finished one race because it shit the clutch in the 2nd race, the GS1000 won the second and I won the third

Teretonga is also track that suits big bikes because Diesel Pig beat him at Levels on James RD400 and I even passed him a couple of time

Buy it, ring him now, you can always on sell it or trade it if you dont like it
    You couldent win ya way out of a paper bag, hop a long kid
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    ninja 250
    Its not the yellow GSX11 that Spudracer sold with the cracked cylinder head, is it? (see page 2 or 3 of this thread)

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    thats right... be buggered if I was going near 4 carbs, havnt the patents for that, and I aint no rangi
    So thanks to Triumph Street and Sport the bikes tuned rather minities
    whats scary about working with 4 carbs, you only do one at a time then 3 sets of two when you balance them

so it's tuned up mmm? means it'll be faster than the Nero

Bike
    Ducati M750/ MotoFXR
    Quote Originally Posted by gav
    Its not the yellow GSX11 that Spudracer sold with the cracked cylinder head, is it? (see page 2 or 3 of this thread)
    hehe, nah I doubt if this bloke would be stupid enough to buy one in that state
    My daughter telling me like it is:
    "There is an old man in your face daddy!"

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by T.W.R
    so it's tuned up mmm? means it'll be faster than the Nero

isnt everything?

Thread Information