Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Updating your skills

Customers...

I think you may have two in Whangarei - my wife, and a mate of hers want to do some rider training. The wife's got a reasonable amount of experience, but has been off the road for a few years, so wants a refresher, and her mate is a newbie - so will need the learner course. D'you do courses around Whangarei - or is it better for them to head up to the Whangaparoa?
    UKMC #64

Bike
    2005, Yamaha FZ1
    Quote Originally Posted by steveb64 View Post
    I think you may have two in Whangarei - my wife, and a mate of hers want to do some rider training. The wife's got a reasonable amount of experience, but has been off the road for a few years, so wants a refresher, and her mate is a newbie - so will need the learner course. D'you do courses around Whangarei - or is it better for them to head up to the Whangaparoa?
    My preference would be around Whangaparaoa or Orewa area, but your wifes friend may not have enough experience to ride that far, but I am sure we could sort something out.
    Remember, that GOOD QUALITY TRAINING stays with you forever. It doesn't get sold with your bike, or expire with your rego. It stays with you FOREVER..

It's not the message that is DELIVERED, but the message that is RECEIVED that is important.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia1000 View Post
    My preference would be around Whangaparaoa or Orewa area, but your wifes friend may not have enough experience to ride that far, but I am sure we could sort something out.
    Will be seeing her tonight (the friend...) and will ask - plus I still have to fix the wifes bandit...

And - I ALWAYS seem to get Whangaroa and Whangaparoa mixed...

How many can you work with at a time? There may be others...
    UKMC #64

Bike
    2005, Yamaha FZ1
    My preference is one to one, for the simple reason that quite often the riders abilities and learning patterns are different. If there were a few, then I would be happy to come up to whangerei.
    Remember, that GOOD QUALITY TRAINING stays with you forever. It doesn't get sold with your bike, or expire with your rego. It stays with you FOREVER..

It's not the message that is DELIVERED, but the message that is RECEIVED that is important.

Bike
    Honda PC800
    tricia-It would be great if you could do a one on one session with Jorja
    She can ride but needs road coaching
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    2005, Yamaha FZ1
    Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY View Post
    tricia-It would be great if you could do a one on one session with Jorja
    She can ride but needs road coaching
    Give me a shout on 021 269 3246, and we can try to work out a time and place.

Bike
    2005, Yamaha FZ1
    I now have a training bike that can be used during lessons, and for a test if needed. It is a GN250, fully insured. So pass the word around, if there are people out there that need to use a training bike.
    I am on a bus route, if you don't have other means of transportation.
    Tricia1000

Bike
    2005, Yamaha FZ1
    Hi Guys and Gals,
    As well as having a GN250 Training bike (with a 100% test pass rate), I can now offer the Basic Handling Skills test. This is conducted at AUT at Akoranga.
    So anyone who is interested in maybe getting a motorcycle licence, (and with the soaring petrol costs...who wouldn't?) then give me a shout.
    I do Basic Handling Skills tests each weekend, rain or shine.
    The GN250 is fully insured and carries a current WOF. All you need to use it is a Class 6 Learner, restricted of full licence.
    If you have your own bike, and any class 6 licence, then I can easily take you to the next step of your learning and development, or prepare you for your test. I have yet to meet someone who knows everything about riding a bike. I certainly don't profess to do that, I learn something new every day.
    If you are interested in any of the above, then please contact me on rcsom@xtra.co.nz or phone 021 269 3246.
    I look forward to hearing from you.
    Tricia1000

Bike
    2006 ern kawasaki

Red face Instruction with Tricia

Hi there,
    On 5th April I had a 3 hr Instruction with Tricia, I have had my full licence for 5 months and felt a need to upskill.

Tricia is extremely well qualified, and picks up on your weak points quickly.
    She sets you up with an intercom so she can instruct/advise as she rides behind you, which is great as you get an immediate response to your actions taken or not as the case may be.

I will definately be back for more lessons, when I have mastered all she taught and showed me, as I feel the tuition was well worth the effort and money well spent ........... Chrissy

Bike
    2005, Yamaha FZ1

Sausage sizzle and motorbike ride.

DATE FOR YOUR DIARY!!!!!26TH NOVEMBER. SAUSAGE SIZZLE followed by MOTORBIKE RIDE to celebrate ONE YEAR anniversary of the opening of the shop. Sausage sizzle provided by Lions Club, Orewa. There will also be an assortment of raffle tickets available, thanks to support of local businesses,(to be listed , nearer the time). The proceeds of the raffles will go to Westpac Helicopter. There will be spot prizes to be won. There will be discounts available on the day for ALLl classes of licence, especially CAR & MOTORBIKE. All current and ex students and families are welcome, and also those who we haven't met, yet...Or if you just want to stop by and say hi.
    The brunch session will be rounded off, with a motorcycle ride mystery tour, so don't forget your bikes, leathers and partners. Please repost, as the more the merrier!! Sausage sizzle will be on between 10am and 2 pm.
    Shop 4, 15-19 Florence Ave, Orewa. http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Any queries, please call me on 0212693246
    Tricia

Bike
    2005, Yamaha FZ1

Talking Acc subsidised training

Hi everyone,
    I am now in a position to offer subsidised training. Bike training or scooter training. Basic Handling skills, Learner, Restricted or Full licence holders. Less for you to pay for the training, and you will learn some life saving techniques.. It will be on a first come, first served basis.
    this is a much better deal than in previous years.
    If you are interested, Send an email to triciaoconnor@xtra.co.nz, or PM me on here.
    Learn to enjoy your riding more, the weather is getting better, and what could be better?
    Tricia
    021 269 3246

Bike
    2005, Yamaha FZ1

slow skills session

If i get enough interest, I will hold another Slow riding session this coming Saturday morning... Males and females....... Acc subsidised....... 2 hours, and all you need to pay will be $50.
    As the girls that I had the other morning discovered, there is an art to controlling the bike at slow speeds, and though it is easy to ride a bike fast, it is NOT easy to ride it slowly.
    If you are interested, with a friend or two, then please either send me a message, or post on the page.......... the more the merrier.
    This session will cover approaching interesections, roundabouts, moving away, U-turns, and the wonderful cone weave. This offer is on a first come, first served basis, I have a finite number of spaces available. this offer is open to scooter riders too.....

If you have any other areas, that you would like to do, then forward your ideas to me, and I will make up a plan, and offer those sessions as well.........
    You just need a Class 6 licence of any description, and your own bike.
    Tricia1000

Bike
    2010 Honda CB1000R Predator
    Blog Entries
    Is the training done out at Orewa?

Bike
    2005, Yamaha FZ1
    Depending on numbers, it may be done in Orewa, but if I can merge it will some BHS then I may do it at Massey University...
    Quote Originally Posted by p.dath View Post

Bike
    2005, Yamaha FZ1
    Are you interested?? If so, can you please either PM me your contact number, or text me on 021 269 3246 and I will put your name on the list..
    Regards,
    Tricia
    Quote Originally Posted by p.dath View Post

Thread Information