Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 77

Thread: Updating your skills

  1. #61
    Join Date
    6th December 2005 - 21:14
    Bike
    2005, Yamaha FZ1
    Location
    Orewa, Whangaparaoa
    Posts
    342

    Slow skills

    Have a couple of people booked for the morning of Saturday 7th January at 11 am.
    Anyone else interested???
    If you are please contact me ASAP for a spot..
    Tricia
    021 2693246

    Quote Originally Posted by Tricia1000 View Post
    If i get enough interest, I will hold another Slow riding session this coming Saturday morning... Males and females....... Acc subsidised....... 2 hours, and all you need to pay will be $50.
    As the girls that I had the other morning discovered, there is an art to controlling the bike at slow speeds, and though it is easy to ride a bike fast, it is NOT easy to ride it slowly.
    If you are interested, with a friend or two, then please either send me a message, or post on the page.......... the more the merrier.
    This session will cover approaching interesections, roundabouts, moving away, U-turns, and the wonderful cone weave. This offer is on a first come, first served basis, I have a finite number of spaces available. this offer is open to scooter riders too.....

    If you have any other areas, that you would like to do, then forward your ideas to me, and I will make up a plan, and offer those sessions as well.........
    You just need a Class 6 licence of any description, and your own bike.
    Tricia1000
    0212693246
    Remember, that GOOD QUALITY TRAINING stays with you forever. It doesn't get sold with your bike, or expire with your rego. It stays with you FOREVER..

    It's not the message that is DELIVERED, but the message that is RECEIVED that is important.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    11th June 2011 - 16:30
    Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Location
    palmerston north
    Posts
    1,505
    Blog Entries
    7

    Thumbs up

    great keep good work i did course way back in chch guy had wear weight belt diving i assume to show how you top hald your body can postion has afeect on bikes balance in slow stuff . i enjoyed very much if in auckland i have to check it out
    50 bucks is great value good to see acc backing bikers great postive news

    Quote Originally Posted by Tricia1000 View Post
    If i get enough interest, I will hold another Slow riding session this coming Saturday morning... Males and females....... Acc subsidised....... 2 hours, and all you need to pay will be $50.
    As the girls that I had the other morning discovered, there is an art to controlling the bike at slow speeds, and though it is easy to ride a bike fast, it is NOT easy to ride it slowly.
    If you are interested, with a friend or two, then please either send me a message, or post on the page.......... the more the merrier.
    This session will cover approaching interesections, roundabouts, moving away, U-turns, and the wonderful cone weave. This offer is on a first come, first served basis, I have a finite number of spaces available. this offer is open to scooter riders too.....

    If you have any other areas, that you would like to do, then forward your ideas to me, and I will make up a plan, and offer those sessions as well.........
    You just need a Class 6 licence of any description, and your own bike.
    Tricia1000
    0212693246

  3. #63
    Join Date
    11th June 2011 - 16:30
    Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Location
    palmerston north
    Posts
    1,505
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricia1000 View Post
    Have a couple of people booked for the morning of Saturday 7th January at 11 am.
    Anyone else interested???
    If you are please contact me ASAP for a spot..
    Tricia
    021 2693246
    very much so And just this very typye training is the best to get , just have to look skills trails riders have to apperciate it
    best in the world not that i am that good hehe

    Am getting back on bike very soon i hope and this be just the ticket remember confidence is your best friend

    And its dam fun as well to get to know your bike in a way u usually dont ride very much

    actually i encourage other people to start these course in there towns/cities great to show new riders/ experieced ones
    is a buzz to Just get out there show postive in relaxed and fun way

  4. #64
    Join Date
    6th December 2005 - 21:14
    Bike
    2005, Yamaha FZ1
    Location
    Orewa, Whangaparaoa
    Posts
    342

    This Sunday at Albany

    This Sunday at Albany Massey Campus, I will be doing my usual Basic Handling Skills sessions, and will follow on with an ACC subsidised two hour session on slow speed control. The cost for the Slow skills course will be $50, and ACC pick up the rest of the tab.
    You do need to book for either BHS or SS course, and first come first served.
    For BHS i can provide you with a bike and helmet.
    For the SS course, you will need to have a Class 6 Learner, REstricted or Full licence, and a roadworthy legal bike.

    If you are interested, please let me know ASAP.
    Tricia1000
    Roadcraft School of Motorcycling Ltd.,
    021 2693246
    www.rcsom.co.nz
    Remember, that GOOD QUALITY TRAINING stays with you forever. It doesn't get sold with your bike, or expire with your rego. It stays with you FOREVER..

    It's not the message that is DELIVERED, but the message that is RECEIVED that is important.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    2nd December 2007 - 20:00
    Bike
    None now :-(
    Location
    Manure-wa
    Posts
    2,499
    Blog Entries
    7
    I did the 2 hour course this morning at Orewa and found it immensely helpful. It made me realise that whatever slow riding I'd done before, there's slow and then there's sloooow! I was astonished at just how slowly I was able to move my bike and how important it is to use the rear brake (in the past I've largely relied on the front). My doubts about how I'd cope, especially since the bandit is (for me) such a heavy bike, proved unfounded although I must say that it required a lot of concentration!!

    Definitely recommend to anyone else wanting to improve their low speed riding skills.
    I lahk to moove eet moove eet...

    Katman to steveb64
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I'd hate to ever have to admit that my arse had been owned by a Princess.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    6th December 2005 - 21:14
    Bike
    2005, Yamaha FZ1
    Location
    Orewa, Whangaparaoa
    Posts
    342
    You did a terrific job this morning PrincessBandit...... You had full control of that bike, and it was very stable-no wobbling... Just need the practice now, to make it second nature.
    Thanks for coming along...
    Hope to catch up soon.
    Tricia1000
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I did the 2 hour course this morning at Orewa and found it immensely helpful. It made me realise that whatever slow riding I'd done before, there's slow and then there's sloooow! I was astonished at just how slowly I was able to move my bike and how important it is to use the rear brake (in the past I've largely relied on the front). My doubts about how I'd cope, especially since the bandit is (for me) such a heavy bike, proved unfounded although I must say that it required a lot of concentration!!

    Definitely recommend to anyone else wanting to improve their low speed riding skills.
    Remember, that GOOD QUALITY TRAINING stays with you forever. It doesn't get sold with your bike, or expire with your rego. It stays with you FOREVER..

    It's not the message that is DELIVERED, but the message that is RECEIVED that is important.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    6th December 2005 - 21:14
    Bike
    2005, Yamaha FZ1
    Location
    Orewa, Whangaparaoa
    Posts
    342

    Get something for nothing. 3 hours for the price of 2

    I need more takers for the ACC subsidised training on offer. ACC will invest $100 towards your training, to make you SAFER on the road. Teaching you how to be less of a risk, and helping you to get through your licence classes sooner.......
    Anyone who hasn't already done the recent ACC subisdised training is eligible. You just need to have a class 6 licence... Call me on 021 2693246
    Remember, that GOOD QUALITY TRAINING stays with you forever. It doesn't get sold with your bike, or expire with your rego. It stays with you FOREVER..

    It's not the message that is DELIVERED, but the message that is RECEIVED that is important.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    31st March 2005 - 02:18
    Bike
    CB919, R1200GSA
    Location
    East Aucks
    Posts
    10,128
    Blog Entries
    140
    I am classified as a taker for your numbers, even though I haven't taken it up yet? Weather wasn't very nice to us... was it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    6th December 2005 - 21:14
    Bike
    2005, Yamaha FZ1
    Location
    Orewa, Whangaparaoa
    Posts
    342
    I was going to call you today, to see if you could fit something in this coming weekend...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    I am classified as a taker for your numbers, even though I haven't taken it up yet? Weather wasn't very nice to us... was it?
    Remember, that GOOD QUALITY TRAINING stays with you forever. It doesn't get sold with your bike, or expire with your rego. It stays with you FOREVER..

    It's not the message that is DELIVERED, but the message that is RECEIVED that is important.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    6th December 2005 - 21:14
    Bike
    2005, Yamaha FZ1
    Location
    Orewa, Whangaparaoa
    Posts
    342

    On-road training this weekend...

    I have some slots available this weekend for some on-road training.....
    ACC subsidised. If you are keen, then PM me and I will get you booked in..
    Tricia1000
    www.rcsom.co.nz
    rcsom@xtra.co.nz
    Remember, that GOOD QUALITY TRAINING stays with you forever. It doesn't get sold with your bike, or expire with your rego. It stays with you FOREVER..

    It's not the message that is DELIVERED, but the message that is RECEIVED that is important.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    6th December 2005 - 21:14
    Bike
    2005, Yamaha FZ1
    Location
    Orewa, Whangaparaoa
    Posts
    342

    Motorcycle meeting

    Hi there,
    For anyone who can't get hold of me today, I am off to Wellington for another of the new motorcycle restricted licence meetings.
    Woohoo. Still on track to be implemented on the 1st October.

    I still have slotss available for ACC training. 2 hours for $70, or a one hour assessment for free!!!!
    If you are trying to get me, leave a message and I will contact you during lunch time..
    Tricia
    021 269 3246
    Remember, that GOOD QUALITY TRAINING stays with you forever. It doesn't get sold with your bike, or expire with your rego. It stays with you FOREVER..

    It's not the message that is DELIVERED, but the message that is RECEIVED that is important.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    6th December 2005 - 21:14
    Bike
    2005, Yamaha FZ1
    Location
    Orewa, Whangaparaoa
    Posts
    342

    1 to 1 training

    After this weekend, I won't be riding for a couple of weeks, But I am happy to start taking bookings for the 2nd or 3rd week in April.
    This can either be ACC subsidised, or if you have already used that up, then straight forward skill enhancement.
    You can contact me through KB, Pm or call me on my cell phone 021 2693246.
    Acc are keen for me to use up the allocated slots, as they will expire in June, and to be honest, who wants to ignore free training/assessment..
    Tricia
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricia1000 View Post
    I have some slots available this weekend for some on-road training.....
    ACC subsidised. If you are keen, then PM me and I will get you booked in..
    Tricia1000
    www.rcsom.co.nz
    rcsom@xtra.co.nz
    Remember, that GOOD QUALITY TRAINING stays with you forever. It doesn't get sold with your bike, or expire with your rego. It stays with you FOREVER..

    It's not the message that is DELIVERED, but the message that is RECEIVED that is important.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    30th November 2007 - 11:49
    Bike
    Triumph Sprint St 07, G650gs BMW
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand, Ne
    Posts
    515
    I strongly recommend people taking Tricia up on this, itis well worth it regardless of your experince.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    6th December 2005 - 21:14
    Bike
    2005, Yamaha FZ1
    Location
    Orewa, Whangaparaoa
    Posts
    342

    Free free free motorcycle 1 hour assessments

    Quote Originally Posted by raftn View Post
    I strongly recommend people taking Tricia up on this, itis well worth it regardless of your experince.
    Hi everyone,
    Free motorcycle skills assessments available for the afternoon of 15th April. First available slot is 3pm. This would be incredibly useful for anyone who has a motorcycle test coming up over the next couple of months, and if you are eligible to do a test, then get it out of the way before the new tests come in.

    The next date after this for free assessments will be the 21st April.
    In order to be eligible, you need to have some form of Class 6 licence, even if you are on a Scooter on a class 6 licence, you are eligible.

    These free slots expire in June, so they won't be around forever.
    If you would like to take advantage of a free assessment, no matter what level your riding is at, then please contact me on: 021 2693246 or email rcsom@xtra.co.nz.
    Also check out www.facebook.com/roadcraft for updates on the new tests.
    Remember, that GOOD QUALITY TRAINING stays with you forever. It doesn't get sold with your bike, or expire with your rego. It stays with you FOREVER..

    It's not the message that is DELIVERED, but the message that is RECEIVED that is important.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    26th September 2008 - 16:46
    Bike
    1997 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm
    Location
    North Shore City
    Posts
    1,439
    Any more of these coming up?
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history
    Calvin and Hobbes: The surest sign of intelligent life out there is that it has not tried to contact us.
    Its easier to apologise than ask for permission.
    Wise words:
    Quote Originally Posted by quickbuck View Post
    It could be that I have one years experience repeated 33 times!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •