Thread: "Planting" and other tricks...

Bike
    2008 Wee Strom

Post "Planting" and other tricks...

Read this post (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...ad.php?t=29620) last night and thought there must be loads of "tricks" like planting that I need to learn. Let's hear a few? For educational, er, entertainment purposes only of course...
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXIMUSDEMERITUS
    The scenario Madboy describes there is what I call "Planting". There is no better way to stick one up an inconsiderate cager than to "Plant" them behind the nearest Lada/Diesel Van/Truck/Centenarian.

The level of satisfaction I personally get from from doing this almost makes putting up with wankers worthwile.

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Stretching
    This is term I coined for when I was being followed/shadowed at a distance by something that look along the lines of this...

As much as I would feel flattered, I did not really like it. So as soon as I would detect them in my mirrors, I would start the "stretch"
    As I would go around a bend, I'd be out of sight for a little while, I'd quickly zip along and then slow again before they would come into view.
    I'd just keep doing it till I could not see them anymore.
    If anyone trys this, do not be dumb enough to speed off once you are out of sight, as you will have a reception committee waiting for you further ahead.

Sure they could speed up, but they never seem too, I guess they wouldn't dare break the law eh

Bike
    2008 Wee Strom
    I take it radar can't see round corners?!

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    not in this universe

Bike
    TF125

Planting.

As Deano elaborated in the "other" thread, planting requires impeccable timing and control of speed relative to the apparent situation. Ideally the planting action should take place well before the point where lane numbers reduce, although a later execution may be warranted if you're being pushed.

It's a good idea to put distance and cages wherever possible, between you and the plant before their next passing opportunity. This often negates any fight left in the opponent and helps to show the futility of any further offensive efforts on their part. They are bound to pass the Lada/Diesel Van or Centenarian, but may well be happy to cruise after your "Learning".

Stretching....
    I've done it a few times also, works a treat.
    I once followed an unmarked eciloPs vehicle for a stretch up S.H.!. I was on my Zed behind the beige commodore for around 100km. We averaged around 115km/hr and both waved at several oncoming HP cars. It was a Kodak moment.

Thread Information