View Poll Results: Would you ever want to go on the race track?

Voters
285. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not On your nelly -you'd have to be nuts

4 1.40%
  • Only on someone else's bike

5 1.75%
  • Maybe one day

35 12.28%
  • I want to but havent yet

169 59.30%
  • Already doing it

72 25.26%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Going racing? Here's what you need.

Bike
    XT600
    Although the speed differential in clubmans can be quite high, a lot of the passing is a bit more polite than the F* classes. Clubmans you're less likely to be barged out the way. I wouldn't worry about going slow - getting out there is what counts.

Bike
    Honda PC800
    I totally agree. --Everybody is in the same boat --otherwisew they wouldn't be in clubmans.
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    Not many, if any
    Quote Originally Posted by xjxjxj
    I totally agree. --Everybody is in the same boat --otherwisew they wouldn't be in clubmans.
    I dont. you have these 40 year old "i havnt raced in 20 years" Demons on GSXR1000's just out there to burgle clubmans!

I enterd 1 Clubmans event on my VFR400 and then thought sod that and went to F3. Spose clubmans is alright often and it is there for the very reason of getting newbies on the track safe(r) etc but man its questionable as to why half the field are in there!

Bike
    Honda PC800
    I thought theyd sorted that out--Like if they post times within coowee of an apropriate class speed they would get politely asked to move up.
    Ohh and OYY you --enuff of the 40 year olds bit. I was gonna go out clubmans at taupo.
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    "Bagheera" GSX1400K5
    Need few more options in this poll. I have been on the track (Puke & Mansfeild), but only on Open Days (no race days). I have enjoyed these, special when I find myself pitted against a rider of simalar skill. Not sure if I'd want to be in a real race. My skills would not be up to it and I'm not bold enough in the corners (I need to develope bigger balls). If I had started Open Days a bit younger and on a smaller bike, I probably have given racing a go.

PS: I do admire those of you that are giving racing a go, that's why I do the odd bit of Marselling
    New Zealand......
    The Best Place in the World to live if ya Broke

"Whole life balance, Daniel-San" ("Karate Kid")

Kia kaha, kia toa, kia manawanui ( Be strong, be brave, be steadfast and sure)
    DON'T RIDE LIKE YA STOLE IT, RIDE TO SURVIVE.

Bike
    Honda PC800
    dude if ya wanna dip ya toe in the watrer so to speak you could try bucket racing its cheap and heaps of fun

Bike
    2005 GN250
    I'll wait till after this weekend to answer the poll so I can pick the last one.

Question for y'all btw, Do you not need particular race numbers for clubmans? I have registered as #15 for both 600cc SP and SB but couldn't get the race numbers for clubmans.

Is it cool for me to slap on the #15s on my bike and not worry about numbers?

Bike
    Walking
    Most of the riders don't have official numbers as far as I know. Only the really serious "National champs" types riders paid for official numbers I thought.
    For most club days, just pick a # between 11 & 99 (but not 41 ). I was told, if I doubled up # with another rider, just have some tape with which to change the # on the day.
    At Manfield with the electronic timers, it dosn't matter of bikes have the same # anyway.

Bike
    2005 GN250
    Cheers RR!

Bike
    Honda PC800
    after taupo I noticed that the race number thing in club racing is pretty casual. The color of background etc wasnt really policed As long as the numbers are readable it seems to be fine

Bike
    Very Modded DR650
    So can I change my vote from I want to but havent yet to already doing it now?
    www.AdventureRidingNZ.co.nz NZ's dedicated Adventure Riding Community
    Forums, free GPS track downloads and much more. Now over 5700 members, are you one of them?

Bike
    Honda PC800
    I;m sure all the race guys know about it but there may be changes to class elegability in the F classes

Bike
    2008 Kettweisel Style.

Arrow Would be nice

but as I cannot follow the required rules, not much point at it
    Those who insist on perfect safety, don't have the balls to live in the real world.

Bike
    KTM300EXC
    Quote Originally Posted by XJ/FROSTY
    I;m sure all the race guys know about it but there may be changes to class elegability in the F classes
    ? nope.....what?

Bike
    A Krappisaki Tractor
    I'd like to see the orange bib brought back in for new riders, until they have passed some kind of club training thing or something.

The number of times i've seen a rider taking totally bizare lines in a race because they havnt been shown how to corner, and watching slightly more experienced novices trying to take the suicide line round them because they dont know passing technique. I'm surprised there aint more collisions than their already are.

Also, teachning new riders about flags at some tracks is poor. Waving your hand and saying you need to stop when someone waves a flag at you is not good. I've seen this happen at a couple of events so far. I would expect the flag routine should be gone thru at the rider briefing - even for the experienced riders no matter what.

Brushing up the concrete dust after its been applied to an oil spill is a really really good idea. I've never figured out the logic of replacing one slippery substance with another. Perhaps some education needs to be given to the dust marshals on the correct method for cleaning the tracks. Note: There is a reason in SS, SBk, MotoGP, other race classes on tv, you see the marshalls with brushes sweeping up the dust. - this ones my pet hate - so i'm just bitchin here
    The contents of this post are my opinion and may not be subjected to any form of reality
    It means I'm not an authority or a teacher, and may not have any experience so take things with a pinch of salt (a.k.a bullshit) rather than fact

Thread Information