View Poll Results: Would you ever want to go on the race track?

Voters
285. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not On your nelly -you'd have to be nuts

4 1.40%
  • Only on someone else's bike

5 1.75%
  • Maybe one day

35 12.28%
  • I want to but havent yet

169 59.30%
  • Already doing it

72 25.26%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Going racing? Here's what you need.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoSeven
    I'd like to see the orange bib brought back in for new riders, until they have passed some kind of club training thing or something.
    Not a bad idea as at the moment anyone irrespective of ability can front up with a R1 or something similar and go straight into the F1 class at club events

The karts have a graduated licence system where you have to be observed by a steward to progress through the ranks and depnding on what licence you hold depends on what events,National/Island/Club you can compete at.
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    "Bagheera" GSX1400K5
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoSeven
    Also, teachning new riders about flags at some tracks is poor. Waving your hand and saying you need to stop when someone waves a flag at you is not good. I've seen this happen at a couple of events so far. I would expect the flag routine should be gone thru at the rider briefing - even for the experienced riders no matter what.

Brushing up the concrete dust after its been applied to an oil spill is a really really good idea. I've never figured out the logic of replacing one slippery substance with another. Perhaps some education needs to be given to the dust marshals on the correct method for cleaning the tracks. Note: There is a reason in SS, SBk, MotoGP, other race classes on tv, you see the marshalls with brushes sweeping up the dust. - this ones my pet hate - so i'm just bitchin here
    No bitch ahead. Have marshalled at the odd race and am shocked at how poor rider and marshall briefing is at some races. Best briefing I had was last year at the Puke TT. Worst was at a Taupo MC race meeting (the riders' brief was lacking as well). Decided that there was enough marshalls that day, and keeped away from the track. It is up to MC racing club members (I am just a joe public) to push for better standards. I, for one, am not keen to marshall without proper guide lines, briefings, and adequite senior/experienced marshalls.
    New Zealand......
    The Best Place in the World to live if ya Broke

"Whole life balance, Daniel-San" ("Karate Kid")

Kia kaha, kia toa, kia manawanui ( Be strong, be brave, be steadfast and sure)
    DON'T RIDE LIKE YA STOLE IT, RIDE TO SURVIVE.

Bike
    1998 suzuki RG150e (AETC)... X2
    are these rules relevant to bucket racing?

do the leathers need to zip together??

I would like to try buckets to see if the racing thing is for me or not, does anyone know who to talk to about that???

thanks
    I suffer from hooliganism.... Know me before you judge me
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...7&postcount=83
    i need to practice my "this shit doesn't burn" face
    Welcome, ZorsT.
    You last visited: 1st November 2007 at 22:15

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodAndSuchLike
    are these rules relevant to bucket racing?

do the leathers need to zip together??

I would like to try buckets to see if the racing thing is for me or not, does anyone know who to talk to about that???

thanks

yes those rules are relevant to Buckets,find out when the next Kart club day is as the Buckets race at the Nelson Kart track with them
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    06 r6, 690 ktm duke 3, rs125
    if anybody wants info on buckets in nelson they can call me on 035470674

Bike
    2005 Kawasaki ZX636R
    Just brought a bike to race in F3, so thanks for the info.
    "I once new a guy,'hic' you look like him... he didn’t either. 'hic'." -Bender.

Bike
    SV650S
    Does anybody know where I can get a thumb operated rear brake for my '03R6 ? Has anybody used one?

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Steve--I'D talk to one of the overseas racing forums
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    bus pass at the mo
    Do you need to take a medical for the license.

Bike
    Honda PC800
    nope no medical--just a medical declairation
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    2002,suzuki,gsxr1000
    thats some good information to knows cheers man just got to by a bike that i can aford to crash now, one day soon tho.

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marknz
    Clubman can be faster than F3 given the broader variety of bikes that can enter. I'm planning on picking up something soon and racing with VMC towards the end of the season.

You should never be worried about being a hazard to faster riders. One of the very first things I was tought when starting racing in Aussie is that it's your prerogative to hold your line and speed anywhere on the track even if you are being shown the blue flag. It is the job of the faster and usually more experienced rider to assess the situation correctly and make a safe pass on you. The worst thing you can do on seeing a blue flag is something unpredictable like braking and going off the race line, 'cause 9 times out of 10, that will be where the quicker bike will be heading to get past you. Another great thing in Aussie was that for the whole of your first season of racing, regardless of whatever class you were racing in, you had to wear a orange dayglo bib over your leathers.
    Aint that the truth.
    Iwas so worried that I was holding people up that I kept on looking over my shoulder ,,must have made horrendous line changes ..
    in the 4 hour Iron man events * MX a real mans sport !* thats a different story ,,dead man riding ,,does need to keep an eye out .

Stephen
    "Look, Madame, where we live, look how we live ... look at the life we have...The Republic has forgotten us."

Bike
    HONDA EXPRESS
    Thanks for the write up Frosty, food for thought

www.PhotoRecall.co.nz

Bike
    None
    That list seems long and expensive, But racing sounds fun

-Indy
    Hey, kids! Captain Hero here with Getting Laid Tip 213 - The Backrub Buddy!

Find a chick who’s just been dumped and comfort her by massaging her shoulders, and soon, she’ll be massaging your prostate.

Bike
    K6 busa, SXV4.5, DL650, Pegaso Strada
    Ok i started reading the rules for road racing from MNZ ad got really really confused, so i thought i'd ask the questions here instead.

I already have a race licence as I sometime ride at the rodney MX club days so i would assume to be elligable to enter the AMCC clubman series i'd need to join there as well.

Currently i have a 06 636 sitting in the garage gathering dust which has had ohlins put on front and rear and set up for my fat bottom, i now find that i no longer have the desire to ride it on the road any more as it is not much fun only doing the speed limit so it crossed my mind to put it on the track instead. Now all the reading material i have seen keeps going on about homologating stuff, now i have no idea what this means.

Now when i took up MX i just joined a club sent away for my licence, bought a bike, safety gear and just showed up and raced, so the question is can i just rock up with my 636 and race it in the clubman series?

Thread Information