View Poll Results: Would you ever want to go on the race track?

Voters
285. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not On your nelly -you'd have to be nuts

4 1.40%
  • Only on someone else's bike

5 1.75%
  • Maybe one day

35 12.28%
  • I want to but havent yet

169 59.30%
  • Already doing it

72 25.26%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Going racing? Here's what you need.

Bike
    Meads speed 650R, Kawasaki S2a
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfin View Post
    Hi guys,
    I wouldnt mind having a crack at some racing,I know nothing about where to start apart from what I just read.
    I have a gsxr1000. Can I go racing on that? What class would I go in?
    I live near whangarei so the closet tracks are pukekohe and now Hampton downs, is there racing for newbies there?
    Any help or info on in the a direction would be great
    Clubmans does allow big bikes for sure - however starting racing on a GSXR1000 really is not ideal from both a learning angle and a safety angle.

If you wanted to try car racing would you buy a V8 supercar and head out? A modern stock 1000 is very close to the superbikes that are run in superbikes, power wise there is not much difference once you put a pipe on and tune it up. So necomers head out with 90% of the HP of a superbike with very little skills.

Track days are fantastic for you to get your speed fix, but for racing and learning smaller bikes are safer, easier, FARRRRRRR cheaper and you will have more fun.....this is a guarantee. Classes that are best suited are the 250 class, or pro twin. (SV650)
    Chappy

Come see what the fuss is about....................http://www.californiasuperbikeschool.co.nz/

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
    What is generally accepted as the best class to start road racing in, for someone with a lot of MX/road riding, and occasional track day experience?
    See my last post fella, I heavily suggest a class such as 250 production or pro twin as a MAX - MX is very different to road racing. If your in woodvillle the manfeild based series is vmcc - link found here http://www.vicclub.co.nz/
    Chappy

Come see what the fuss is about....................http://www.californiasuperbikeschool.co.nz/

Bike
    a missing gsxr
    I'm keen on starting small, just couldn't find any info online on what actual classes are out there below F3. I suppose Mini Lite 250 is the relevant class than?

Bike
    I'm keen on starting small, just couldn't find any info online on what actual classes are out there below F3. I suppose Mini Lite 250 is the relevant class than?
    yep and there is 250 production

http://www.mnz.co.nz/docs/default-so...n.pdf?sfvrsn=2

Kawasaki EX250s
    Chappy

Bike
    GPR150

Thumbs up

What is generally accepted as the best class to start road racing in, for someone with a lot of MX/road riding, and occasional track day experience?
    try bucket racing , learn good skills ,cheap racing , cheap bikes and on once a month

Bike
    a missing gsxr
    Quote Originally Posted by mr bucketracer View Post
    try bucket racing , learn good skills ,cheap racing , cheap bikes and on once a month
    Have done a few laps at Mt Wellington. Is there a track they race at in Palmy?

Bike
    GPR150
    Have done a few laps at Mt Wellington. Is there a track they race at in Palmy?
    wish we could race back at the kart track here but have lost it for some years now , we go to Kaitoke Wellington kart track , possably one of the better tracks around . also the hasting one maybe up and going some time soon . think there looking at useing the back of manfeild track if it gets cut off as well

Bike
    n/a
    Slightly off-topic but no one knows who the Photographer is/was who was at pukekohe on the Controlled Testing day - 15/09/2013 do they?

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by playerB View Post
    Slightly off-topic but no one knows who the Photographer is/was who was at pukekohe on the Controlled Testing day - 15/09/2013 do they?
    More than likely JDAS Photography

Thread Information