Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Sitting your Restricted License

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by swbarnett View Post
    All except this one "Don't cut solid white lines". Kind of hard to get in and out of Bus Lanes without crossing one.

I've been told that there is nothing in legal terms that says you're not supposed to cross them. Can anyone provide evidence to the contrary?
    Are they meaning the solid white line that is a centre line on the road?

If that, then good advice...

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post

Yup, that was my take on it too.
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    All except this one "Don't cut solid white lines". Kind of hard to get in and out of Bus Lanes without crossing one.

I've been told that there is nothing in legal terms that says you're not supposed to cross them. Can anyone provide evidence to the contrary?
    I got pinged for it when joining a Motorway on my Restricted.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    '08 Wee
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post

I am guessing the solid white lines that indicate no changing lanes. Examples of them around Auckland include just after the bridge going south around the bend immediately after the bridge. Another one is through the tunnel before the bridge heading north. For this there are signs up at the tunnel entry saying no changing lanes as well.

People ignore them all.

Bike
    R1200GSA
    Quote Originally Posted by rambaldi View Post
    I am guessing the solid white lines that indicate no changing lanes. Examples of them around Auckland include just after the bridge going south around the bend immediately after the bridge. Another one is through the tunnel before the bridge heading north. For this there are signs up at the tunnel entry saying no changing lanes as well.

Car drivers in particular who have no fucking clue about the road rules ignore them all.
    there, fixed it for you.
    Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but how many times you have your breath taken away

Bike
    Jesus, is this a room full of tourist drivers or something?

Bike
    16' xtz125e super-adventure, Ninja 650
    Blog Entries
    pedestrian crossings + rail/train crossings makesure you check... not sure if any on the test route in welly? --- for pedestrian stops you have to be behind the white line(so if it's creeping traffic, you need to stop until there is full gap on the other side)

Bike
    Kawasaki

It's not a road rule, it's a specific guidline for CBTA assessment regarding rider skills and behaviour.

It's most usually assessed when exiting side roads and joining main roads where the white dotted lines turn solid before and after the joining road. The white solid lines at intersections and when exiting side roads are quite slippery when wet, so crossing them whilst turning can be quite risky, not to mention that if you're crossing them from a side road, you are obviously spending too much time in the wrong lane, and have poor turning/handling skills.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ive View Post
    It's not a road rule, it's a specific guidline for CBTA assessment regarding rider skills and behaviour.

It's most usually assessed when exiting side roads and joining main roads where the white dotted lines turn solid before and after the joining road. The white solid lines at intersections and when exiting side roads are quite slippery when wet, so crossing them whilst turning can be quite risky, not to mention that if you're crossing them from a side road, you are obviously spending too much time in the wrong lane, and have poor turning/handling skills.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to 5ive again

I knew there was something about it in the Test.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Between bikes
    Can't fuckin believe noone has said this yet, but, my advice : Do CBTA. This replaces your practical test component and isn't necessarily easier or harder than the practical test, but involves a lot more feedback and discussion.

You sound like you have the right attitude, and I'm sure the CBTA assessor will see that and work with you to get you a pass.
    "It's hard to keep an open mind, when so many people are trying to put things in it"

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by rambaldi View Post

People ignore them all.
    Agree that crossing those white lines is technically wrong and I would generally not cross them, but I think crossing the one in the centre of the road is of greater concern...

Bike
    None yet
    Quote Originally Posted by Erelyes View Post
    Can't fuckin believe noone has said this yet, but, my advice : Do CBTA. This replaces your practical test component and isn't necessarily easier or harder than the practical test, but involves a lot more feedback and discussion.

You sound like you have the right attitude, and I'm sure the CBTA assessor will see that and work with you to get you a pass.
    I have it on my to do list , just not quite available for 6-8 hours in one day for it. Thought to make most of time get the restricted then when time permits do the three courses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...why not just ride like you are supposed to ride, following the rules and controlling your bike just like you should be able to do...if that is a problem then bus passes would be the next best option...there are no hands to hold when you are out there riding on the planet, and certainly no tricks or tips to get you home safely...

Bike
    11' CBR600RR
    Do the Ride Forever bronze course. Its basically just a set up to get you to pass your restricted. Cost ya only 20 bucks too.
    I found with doing the CBTA the assessor was doing everything he could to get you to pass, instead of pouncing on the slightest fuck up and failing you for it.

You'll be sweet bud!

Beware of ''tricks.'' My son failed his restricted car license last week, for speeding...yeah, a no brainer. But how it happened has got me a bit steamed up. Coming down a 70, they turned right into side road, and now he's doing 50, comes back on the main road and heading back the way they came, doing 70....but, it's a 50. The speed change sign was between the 2 side roads. It was a small town out of his area, but a much shorter waiting list - if he was a local he might of known about the speed zone change, but without area knowledge he got caught out. He can't ask the tester, doing 50 in a 70 would also be a fail. They like to fail young males, and maybe the Levin didn't help, but it's far from a Boi Racer car.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Thread Information