Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Sitting your Restricted License

Bike
    zxr250- The mozzie
    Oh well done sunshine...i sit my restricted tomorrow...at 3:30...with all the school traffic
    Certified mechanically retarded

Bike
    -
    One thing that I'm interested about is the directions the instructor gives you. I know in Australia (at least in the cage test), that we were told that the instructor might tell you `turn left here' but if you turned right instead, but did it legally using your indicators etc, it was completely fine. Is it the same here? Because it's quite likely I will fuck up his directions, or not see his indicators in my mirrors.

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX1100 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by xerxesdaphat View Post
    One thing that I'm interested about is the directions the instructor gives you. I know in Australia (at least in the cage test), that we were told that the instructor might tell you `turn left here' but if you turned right instead, but did it legally using your indicators etc, it was completely fine. Is it the same here? Because it's quite likely I will fuck up his directions, or not see his indicators in my mirrors.
    the old fella that took mine in westgate AA used a one way radio - ear piece went in my ear and little walkie talkie in my jacket pocket. Told me to nod my head when he gives me an instruction so that he knows its been heard/understood. I still managed to take a wrong turn... "turn right by the white truck" ..white truck moves.. i go wrong way..

it's a piece of cake to pass it, the hardest part is not being nervous!
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary - that's what gets you."
    Jeremy Clarkson.

Kawasaki 200mph Club

Bike
    zxr250- The mozzie
    I was as nervous as hell. I passed through gritted teeth and biting of toungue. The instructor was a grumpy old cunt with no patience. He gave me directions too quickly, and when I tried to confirm, he was very short with me. The traffic was very busy and I lost him for about 10 seconds. When he caught up after I stopped, he went on at me for not waiting for him..and how was he going to test me if I wasnt going to wait. There was no safe place to pull over...he was a dick! The next part I rode slower so that he wasnt left behind...then he complained that i was going too slow!..he was a dick!

I still passed. ..hes still a dick

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX1100 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by pixc View Post
    I was as nervous as hell.

I still passed. ..hes still a dick
    Glad you passed, dont worry about him now! Have cerimonial burning in the back garden of your L flap ...or just take it back to the shop and get your money back
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary - that's what gets you."
    Jeremy Clarkson.

Kawasaki 200mph Club

Bike
    zxr250- The mozzie
    Thanks Disco Dan.

Im booked in for to sit my Full Car license on the 21st...im going to request I dont get the same guy.

Ive had my restricted car license for 14 years.

Bike
    hmx 500
    i always stop on my left foot ,not both,,and when stopped bike should be in 1st gear,ready to take off???
    DUCATI ALL THE WAY!!!

Bike
    GSXR 250
    I thought that when sitting your restricted test, its the only legal time you can travel at 100kmp/h instead of 70? Its actual legislation, Im damn near positive.

Bike
    97 Yamaha Virago

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by j_redley View Post
    I thought that when sitting your restricted test, its the only legal time you can travel at 100kmp/h instead of 70? Its actual legislation, Im damn near positive.
    Nope because you still ON your learners license.

ONCE you have passed the restricted test, then and only then can you legally do 100kph on the motorway.

So, if the instructor, wants you to go on the motorway or open road to do your restricted, you MUST NOT go over 70kph.

Bike
    None
    Well I never had to go on the m-way for my restricted, I don't think many people do. I just rode around Browns bay for 10mins

-Indy
    Hey, kids! Captain Hero here with Getting Laid Tip 213 - The Backrub Buddy!

Find a chick who’s just been dumped and comfort her by massaging her shoulders, and soon, she’ll be massaging your prostate.

Bike
    GSXR 250
    Quote Originally Posted by crashe View Post
    Nope because you still ON your learners license.

ONCE you have passed the restricted test, then and only then can you legally do 100kph on the motorway.

So, if the instructor, wants you to go on the motorway or open road to do your restricted, you MUST NOT go over 70kph.
    Actually no, I found the legislation I was sure existed, and for those of us who will be sitting restricted licenses, its perfectly legal to travel at 100kmph in a 100 zone.

Land Transport (Driver Licensing) Rule 1999
    Part 4 Learner licences, restricted licences, and full licences (r 15 to r 19)

[(d)in the case of a Class 6L licence, where the holder is riding a motorcycle, the holder—

(i)must display on the vehicle an “L” plate as specified in clause 66; and
    (ii)must not—

(A)drive between the hours of 10 pm and 5 am; or
    (B)drive at a speed exceeding 70 km/h, unless taking the restricted licence test for a Class 6R licence under clause 48(5); or
    (C)drive a motorcycle that has a total piston displacement exceeding 250 cm3; or
    (D)carry another person on the motorcycle or in a sidecar attached to the motorcycle]

Bike
    97 Yamaha Virago

Cool

Actually no, I found the legislation I was sure existed, and for those of us who will be sitting restricted licenses, its perfectly legal to travel at 100kmph in a 100 zone.
    Wow..... thanks for actually finding it....... much appreciated.

I stand corrected......

Quote Originally Posted by land transport
    Land Transport (Driver Licensing) Rule 1999
    Part 4 Learner licences, restricted licences, and full licences (r 15 to r 19)
    (B)drive at a speed exceeding 70 km/h, unless taking the restricted licence test for a Class 6R licence under clause 48(5); or

Bike
    kawasaki vn800, gpx600r

70km

I sat my restricted a couple of months ago, before we started the tester said to me that part of the route is an 80km limit and for the test im allowed to exceed my 70km restriction , I did , I also passed my test. so i guess it depends on the person testing you ,
    P.S the only time I ever had an L plate on was for my test

Bike
    GSXR 250
    It shouldn't matter who the person is, for the test according to Law as posted your allowed, and they can't make their own standards of the law.

On the same subject of the restricted, though Iv got a few months yet, Im not too keen to do it on the KR. Its only got one mirror, and the speedo is really shakey, I wouldn't be able to see signals behind me if I needed to. Any hints on where I can borrow a bike from more suited to the restricted test?

Bike
    2009 DRZ400e
    It shouldn't matter who the person is, for the test according to Law as posted your allowed, and they can't make their own standards of the law.

On the same subject of the restricted, though Iv got a few months yet, Im not too keen to do it on the KR. Its only got one mirror, and the speedo is really shakey, I wouldn't be able to see signals behind me if I needed to. Any hints on where I can borrow a bike from more suited to the restricted test?
    If there is a motorbike riding school near you, you should be able to hire their bikes for the test
    "I'm not going to vacuum 'til Sears makes one you can ride on"
    -Roseanne Barr-

Thread Information