Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Sitting your Restricted License

Bike
    1993 Yamaha SRV
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbuddy View Post
    I sat my restricted a couple of months ago, before we started the tester said to me that part of the route is an 80km limit and for the test im allowed to exceed my 70km restriction , I did , I also passed my test. so i guess it depends on the person testing you ,
    P.S the only time I ever had an L plate on was for my test

Why are people so proud of not using the L plate?
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________

Back on a 250 and riding more than ever.

Bike
    WR250R
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
    Because it shows that they live dangerously and aren't afraid to be on the wrong side of the law.

Bike
    flippy
    Blog Entries
    it means you can exceed 70kms while driving through the countryside!

i sat my restricted today, passed too!
    even broke my Lplate off part way through my test hahaha(not sure exactly how tho, think it was when a van got between me and the guy)

also found out that CBR250s do wheelies

Bike
    1982 Honda cb250 'SuperHawk'
    Howdee people,

Been lurking for a wee while, but since I just passed the R-test as of this afternoon I thought I'd sign up...

Actually the reason was to add to this thread, if you are in CHCH the info I got from the tester whas that only the Shirley AA uses ear pieces. (I happened to go there!).

So if you are in CHCH looking for a test with a ear piece - there you go!

Bike
    05 yamaha XV250T
    Thanks for the awesome thread a good feedback to read, I have just got my learners so will take heed when the time comes.

Bike
    A chubby lollipop
    If you're clever enough to be able to read, can stay upright on a motorcycle while changing gear and get to your destination then you can not only get your restricted, you can your full license as well. If I can do it; so can you. Enjoy your motorcycle, ride safe and live long.

Bike
    2008 Daytona 675
    I failed the eye test and now have to wear my glasses! Anyways. sitting my restricted on tuesday, got my L(oser) plate all ready to go. Wish me luck!
    And Thanx for all the great advice!

Bike
    2001 Yamaha Virago 250
    Quote Originally Posted by Petale View Post
    I failed the eye test and now have to wear my glasses! Anyways. sitting my restricted on tuesday, got my L(oser) plate all ready to go. Wish me luck!

All the best Petale. Might have to put my restricted back a tad due to crash last Friday. Hope all goes well.
    Small and dangerous with a sting in my tail!!

Bike
    A chubby lollipop
    Quote Originally Posted by Petale View Post
    I always fail the eye test, something about my right eye not talking to the left when looking down those two mis-matched Fallopian tubes at the testing 'authority'. A quick trip to the optometrist and I have the correct paperwork. My eyes are fine, it's my brain that's fuzzy.

Bike
    2006 Suzy GSR600
    It's seems like few weeks ago I was sitting my restricted and few weeks before that sitting my L . As of last week however, I help my Restricted for 6 months, and I'm allowed to take my Full license test (as i'm over 25).

Goodie, goodie. I need to to find out what full test consists of, prepere muself and book one out

and then 1000cc worth of torque here I come ! nah, seriously I think I'll go master 600 cc bike before i go 1000cc...

Bike
    99 Bandit 250
    Yeah its good to know what needs to be done to pass (going) the speed limit seems to be a good start)

Bike
    '99 Suzuki GSF250 Bandit
    I got me restricted test on Friday - I think it's about time I got my arse into gear on that score... Got to go into work tomorrow to fit some silly little piece of yellow plastic too...
    Hold my trophy while I kiss your girlfriend

Bike
    1990 FZR600
    I think for a lot of people (myself included) don't want to risk a cop seeing you cruising along at 100kph on open roads or motorways with an L-plate. I mean, if a cop was in a bad mood or it was a highway patrol (why are most of them so unreasonable?) then a bike keeping up with traffic with a yellow plate on the back must look pretty tempting to pull over.

In saying that, last time I was pulled over I received a $400 fine for not displaying one - so you're screwed either way I guess.

Bike
    2007 Hyosung Aquila GV250
    Quote Originally Posted by peasea View Post
    I always fail the eye test, something about my right eye not talking to the left when looking down those two mis-matched Fallopian tubes at the testing 'authority'. A quick trip to the optometrist and I have the correct paperwork. My eyes are fine, it's my brain that's fuzzy.
    The fix for that is the following:
    There is three columns but you might only see two. Before saying anything "settle in" and close your right eye, you will see two columns of characters to read, now open your right eye and close your left you will probably see a different set of columns one will be familiar (the middle one) so with that you can read out all three columns without any issue and the tester wont know the difference.

Theres nothing wrong with your vision your brain just trusts one eye a little more than the other!

Bike
    1991 Yamaha FJ1200
    I have recently been through the eye test twice (restricted and full) and did the same thing. Closed right eye, started reading, slowly, closed left eye and carried on across. Otherwise the middle column just swims all over the place for me.

Thread Information