Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Classic GT380

Bike
    2008 Kettweisel Style.

Arrow Cool bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...400&key=400575
    So special that it has had a crankshaft grind. (2 stroke fans will know)
    Apart from that - BUY IT. (you listening Ixion?) A classic bling 2-smoker. I would be interested, but I seem to have spent my money on yet another old clunker from the past
    Ive got the bigger kettle in the garage, pretty nuts of a bike. If anyone needs a workshop manual for the GT380, I have one spare also.
    Those who insist on perfect safety, don't have the balls to live in the real world.

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    Quote Originally Posted by Jantar
    I averaged 54 mpg,
    Shit! Best I ever got on the Kwaka 350 was 29 mpg!!! - normally about 25mpg and 500 mpp (miles per plugs)
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by SPman
    Shit! Best I ever got on the Kwaka 350 was 29 mpg!!! - normally about 25mpg and 500 mpp (miles per plugs)
    Well the worst we got out of our Kwacka S3 400 was down to 15mpg
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    KTM 1190 Adv R and a bunch of dirties
    My brother had a 380 and it was a crap bike. It ate plugs for breakfast and spat him off in the afternoon.

Not happy with that he then got an kwaka H2 750 which I spent many hours on in the shed. It didn't eat plugs but spat him off even quicker than the 380.

Bike
    TL1000S , XB12R
    I had a GT380 back in the day , it was falling apart then , but it was a great bike , a mate had an immaculate one but his couldnt get out of its own way where as my abused one was reasonably fast for its time, certainly way faster than Hondas dreadfull CB360. but it was a bit slower than the RD350 . I sold it an got a GT750 , good bike but not much quicker point to point than the old 380 in real terms , less ground clearance , heavier.
    Always had a soft spot for 380's , the 6 speed box was something back then as well. Probably be horrified by one these days though.

Dave

Bike
    77 XL250
    Quote Originally Posted by Morepower
    I had a GT380 back in the dayl. Probably be horrified by one these days though.

Dave
    That is the trouble with nostalgia.
    I had a spin on a T250 a couple of months back, and could not believe how strange and uncomfortable it was.
    Perhaps my old T350 was made by a different factory! I mean - my body has not changed, has it?
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    2017 Suzuki Dl1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Morepower
    .... Probably be horrified by one these days though.
    Last time I rode one it felt just weird for the first few minutes. The seating position was just too far forward, and the pegs were neither far enough back to be sporty, nor far enough forward to cruise.

After a while though it all came back, and I just let the bike flow. It still scraped the stand on every corner, and wallowed like a beached whale, but did everything I asked of it. For a 30 year old bike it was still OK for what it was designed for.
    Time to ride

Bike
    TL1000S , XB12R
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole
    That is the trouble with nostalgia.
    I had a spin on a T250 a couple of months back, and could not believe how strange and uncomfortable it was.
    Perhaps my old T350 was made by a different factory! I mean - my body has not changed, has it?
    Mmmm sometimes memories are best left alone

Thread Information