View Poll Results: Which heated grips???

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oxford heated grips for $119

16 84.21%
  • Go with the motomail one for $109 + shipping

3 15.79%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which heated grips??? Yeah! first real thread in this forum!

Bike
    Sold

Getting "old" and "delicate".

I confess, today I was in town (Oamaru) and while going past the local Honda agents shop I made an impulsive decision.
    The Oxford hot grips will be fitted next time I am in town!
    I have never liked them in the past because when tried out they made my hands too hot.
    The last ride I had in the hoar frost convinced me I am getting too soft and my hands hurt like hell while they were thawing out!
    So next week, Oxfords will be on the bike! Cheers, chicken John.

Bike
    KTM 1190 Adv R and a bunch of dirties
    Quote Originally Posted by oldrider
    ....The last ride I had in the hoar frost convinced me I am getting too soft and my hands hurt like hell while they were thawing out!
    Did the rest of you also hurt while thawing out?

Rekon you'd also need a heated seat, helmit, jacket, trou and boots too!

Bike
    2007 Kawasaki ER6F
    Put the Oxford ones on my GB, hardest part was finding somewhere to put the switch, certainly get bloody hot when they are on full, perhaps that's for when you need to fit them to a snowmobile
    Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill

Bike
    2008 Wee Strom

the other option

Just fitted some of the wrap around/velcro on/off Oxford Hot Hands and they're plenty warm.
    Benefits: keep original grips, less stuffing about with installation, useful amounts of wire and the switchwork looks sturdy.
    Cons: too warm sometimes - riding for an hour with them on gets uncomfortable as your hands will start to sweat (but on a really cold day you might get away with it), they do add a fair bit of bulk to the grip and that took some getting used to.
    $129.
    Could be worth a look for you?

Bike
    2007, Kawasaki Z750 (L)
    Thank you everyone for your opinions and thanks bell for your suggestion... I have seen them but I wanted something a bit more permeanent... I think oxford hot grip is the go, just ordered a pair...
    I have deep pockets. It's just that it's a deep empty pocket...........

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    Well I was going to suggest you look at the Daytona grips too (which I've got) but as you've already ordered grips, I'm not going to say anything now. Goodbye
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    I have the Oxford grips and basically I'm happy with them.
    The control knob has currently ceased to function but is being replaced under warranty.

Unfortunately the replacement hadn't arrived in time for the sheepfeast ride,
    conditions on parts of that were a bit extreme and not having the grips functioning made me determined to fit them to all future bikes.

You can be tough, or you can be comfortable - no contest
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    2008 Kettweisel Style.

Arrow Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by pritch008
    I have the Oxford grips and basically I'm happy with them.
    The control knob has currently ceased to function but is being replaced under warranty.

Unfortunately the replacement hadn't arrived in time for the sheepfeast ride,
    conditions on parts of that were a bit extreme and not having the grips functioning made me determined to fit them to all future bikes.

You can be tough, or you can be comfortable - no contest
    Id lost all feeling in the lower parts of my fingers when we all stopped at the top of Mt Messenger. The oxford liners where great to keep on while I had my hand planted firmly on about the lower end of the DRZs motor. Hands warmer mighty quick...
    Those who insist on perfect safety, don't have the balls to live in the real world.

Bike
    XB12R, FXR150, Ducati 400ss, 1125CR
    when i used to live in Nelson and trip around the south Island ... i had heated grips and an ELECTRIC VEST..... mmmmm was i all warm and cosy...

what a ride so far!!!!

Bike
    KTM 690 DUKE R
    Quote Originally Posted by ajturbo
    and an ELECTRIC VEST....
    My vest I had on for the sheep ride worked remarkably well! Plus it got me recognised in Otrahonga when the bike died and got me a lift all the way back home!

Bike
    2007, Kawasaki Z750 (L)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajturbo
    ELECTRIC VEST..... mmmmm was i all warm and cosy...
    Nice Where do you get those????

Do they give you a nice jolt whenever you're getting tired too?
    I have deep pockets. It's just that it's a deep empty pocket...........

Bike
    None any more
    I vote for "other", the permanently mounted Daytona types. There is little point fannying around with anything less. Like most things in life, you get what you pay for, and the Daytonas aren't that much more expensive than the Oxford dishcloths, without having to worry about cables flapping or plugs breaking, or people knicking them...
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    Buell XB12R
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher
    I vote for "other", the permanently mounted Daytona types. There is little point fannying around with anything less. Like most things in life, you get what you pay for, and the Daytonas aren't that much more expensive than the Oxford dishcloths, without having to worry about cables flapping or plugs breaking, or people knicking them...
    The oxfords are permanently mounted too. Think there are 2 types available, the ones I have (Oxfords) are permanent. I looked at the Daytonas as well, and was told by a couple of sources that the Oxfords were better due to the variable temp control.
    "Do not meddle in the affairs of Buells, for they are subtle and quick to wheelie!"
    --J RR1000 Tolkien

yank tank at Glenorchy 2006 rally

Bike
    KTM 690 DUKE R
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashika
    The oxfords are permanently mounted too. Think there are 2 types available, the ones I have (Oxfords) are permanent. I looked at the Daytonas as well, and was told by a couple of sources that the Oxfords were better due to the variable temp control.
    Oxford make a blanket type that wrap around existing grips and can be removed

Bike
    Buell XB12R
    Quote Originally Posted by sAsLEX
    Oxford make a blanket type that wrap around existing grips and can be removed
    yup, thats what I figured
    "Do not meddle in the affairs of Buells, for they are subtle and quick to wheelie!"
    --J RR1000 Tolkien

yank tank at Glenorchy 2006 rally

Thread Information