Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi all I'm new in this forum

Bike
    yamaha

Hi all I'm new in this forum

Hi I'm new in this forum.
    I'm looking for buying a scooter.
    But don't know how many CC and what kind of style should I get?
    The reason I need a scooter is for my daily use and fuel cost is too high for cars.
    Anyone has suggestion about it? .........
    How many CC of scooters do u guys own?
    What kind of style do u guys usually ride?

thanks for help

Bike
    2005 Vespa GT200

Welcome to scooter-land!

You have many options when buying a scooter for the first time. Most folk, who don't have a license, will go for a moped (50cc) that you can ride on a car license. The range of prices are from about $2k for a Taiwanese scoot to about $5k for a Vespa. Personally, I would recommend that you get your learner's and buy a bigger scoot. The Belladonna RV150 is probably the best value at $4k + ORC new or you can pick them up on TradeMe cheaper. At about $6K total You can be on a new Vespa PX200, stylie scoot (I ride one of these).

Incidentally, the RV150 and PX200 are the only geared scoots that you can buy new (or relatively new) from memory. All the others are "twist & go" autos. Loads of guys are die-hard geared scoot fans but there are loads of good autos out there, so don't be swayed...

You have to work out how much you wanna spend, how important reliability is (you can get a great classic scoot but it will break down often), whether you wanna pillion anyone (you cannot carry a passenger on a learner's but can carry a passenger on a moped with a car license), and how important brand is to you.

Bike
    a bike
    Quote Originally Posted by ASKA
    Hi I'm new in this forum.
    I'm looking for buying a scooter.
    But don't know how many CC and what kind of style should I get?
    The reason I need a scooter is for my daily use and fuel cost is too high for cars.
    Anyone has suggestion about it? .........
    How many CC of scooters do u guys own?
    What kind of style do u guys usually ride?

thanks for help
    Bro Texmo is the best man to ask pm him , oh yeah welcome to the site

Bike
    GSXR 450
    Nah the woop it too andrea. But like he said most bigger cc stuff is more reliable and you can get on the motorway. Take a belladonna for a test ride, they are easy to ride and can get them or something similar cheep out of the t&e.
    Stay clean of all stuff made in china, I do like itilian scooter a lot more but its not just because of looks. They are crap and made badly, Taiwanese scooters arent as bad but take your chances. The newer the better.

If you are keen to sit your licence (even though you never get asked for it on a scooter) get a 150 or 200 they make life a lot easyer as you can do 100 and get away from cars at the lights making your life that much longer.

how you can read my version of engrish any specific quetions just give us a yell, oh and make sure you get atlease a full face and gloves and a jacket not only saves you skin but keens you dry/warm.
    Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even.
    Muhammad Ali

Bike
    yamaha
    Thanks for all the feedbacks guys.
    I went to some motorbike shops today and saw some scooters I really like.
    I probably need to get a motorbike license in the future.
    Aprilia mojito 50cc or 125cc
    Aprilia SR50 50cc
    RV150
    Vespa
    But I still don't know what kind of scooters I should get.
    Anyone owns the above mentioned scooters? Or any different models that any of you can recommend? Thanks for help.

Bike
    2006 Suzuki gn250
    Quote Originally Posted by ASKA
    Thanks for all the feedbacks guys.
    I went to some motorbike shops today and saw some scooters I really like.
    I probably need to get a motorbike license in the future.
    Aprilia mojito 50cc or 125cc
    Aprilia SR50 50cc
    RV150
    Vespa
    But I still don't know what kind of scooters I should get.
    Anyone owns the above mentioned scooters? Or any different models that any of you can recommend? Thanks for help.
    I am selling my Suzuki sj125 as i have bought a Suzukign250,9 months old,have done 8000 klm.See my add on WWW.sellit.co.nz

Bike
    GSXR 450
    Dunno the first one
    the second one is fast and good.
    rv150/belladonna is good very reliable and wont break and warranty is very good on them, plus I can prbbly get you a deal if you ask nice.
    Vespa The king of scooters I have ridden the new lx50 and lx150 and gst250ie If I had the moeny I would buy a lx150 with out thinking about it and the lx50 for $495 can be made to do about 80km/hr and beat most ricers to 60kmhr.

To decide what scooter you have you thinking aobut the one things that matters. Where am I going.
    If it involve more than 40km's, the harbour bridge or the motorway get a 150 at least. If not then a 50 with a kit is probbly the go.
    Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even.
    Muhammad Ali

Bike
    2005 Vespa GT200

Vespa

I agree with Texmo, also consider your budget. Vespa is superb and I would also happily buy a LX150 (Have a LX50 and PX200) but they are not the cheapest scooters around, so if you are budget conscious, then the Aprilla is a good, Euro alternative. Have you considered Gilera? Also a good Euro alternative that is not as expensive. Piaggio (the makers of Vespa) also have a range of scooters that are a little cheaper than Vespa.

Bike
    yamaha
    I think my budget is around $5k. and I want to get 125cc or under
    Is the Vaspa scooters engine in left side?? so is it hard when u turn left?
    but still havent decided what kind of scooters I like ....help me out plz
    Do u guys ususally ride the old school,sport,modern style scooter ??but good is with convenient
    How about taiwanese brand scooters? is the RV150 made in Taiwan?

Bike
    2005 Vespa GT200

rv150

Nope, RV150 is made in India. However, the LML factory was set up (somehow) with Piaggio, so the Belladonna (Stella in the States) is almost identical to the PX Vespa and uses similar tooling. For more info on the LML, go to www.retroscooter.co.nz

For $5k you could buy a new RV150 and get it on the road. You would also have some left over for a good full-face helmet, jacket and gloves (with you 100% on that one, Texmo). The LML is pretty old school, being 2-stroke, manual, etc. I belong to the Auckland scooter club, the Magnetos. See http://magnetos.org/ Not all the member ride old school scooters. There are loads of Gilera riders, Vespa autos, Piaggio, etc.

I think that Taiwanese is better than Chinese, but to be honest, I don't know much about the Asian scooters.

Bike
    None - yet
    If you are budget conscious there is another good argument for Vespas, or anything really from the house of Piaggio: Resale value! There will likely be a time when you decide to upgrade to a new scoot, big bike, or even a cage, and the Italian bikes are like money in the bank. The quality and goodwill are massive value enhancers.

Bike
    GSXR 450
    For $5k the et2 is probbly your best bet in my opinon. Is easy to ride will do 60km/hr wont lose its value and you can get a second hand one from about $4k. They never brake down and the only matiance you need to do is take it to the shop every 5,000kms you will also need to put 2 stroke oil (get this from a scooter shop not a servo) in it when the light comes on.
    Come to scooter drit racing on sunday at motat 2 at about midday. imagine old scooters and new caining around a muddy paddock hell for leather.

If you are seriously considering getting a belladonna you might wanna try trademe. you can find second hand one with less than 2,000kms all the time for cheep.
    Muhammad Ali

Bike
    None - yet
    Quote Originally Posted by texmo
    ...Come to scooter drit racing on sunday at motat 2 at about midday. imagine old scooters and new caining around a muddy paddock hell for leather.

Is that an open invitation?

Bike
    a bike
    not to impose or anything but how bout a fx150 suzuki? hehe hmmm oh well

Bike
    Boulevard, Ducati.
    How about one of these:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...n-60753863.htm

or one of these;

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...n-61727275.htm

both look pretty cool in my opinion the second one is a little pricy tho.

Thread Information