Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stopping

Bike
    Mid 80s superbike, Mid 00s superbike
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Smoker
    Stop for gas or crashes...
    You and me both bro.
    Those that complain about sore legs and arses need to drink a cement smoothie and harden the fuck up! I'm 6 foot tall and ride a small bike with rearsets and a painted on seat

yes I am a hero

Quote Originally Posted by Motu
    Those poor buggers on sprotsbikes miss a hell of a lot in their quest for a knee down corner....
    We make up for it when we find ourselves in the scenery
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    Ok im coming out of my closet just this one time , I too kinda have a curvy figure which makes it worse beacuse im a guy. Well the waist kinda goes in and the bum pushes out. When I was in college the girls in my year would slap me on the arse and squeeze because apparently it is firm, tight... I wear jeans
    .....if I find this as a signature Ill hunt you down, serious, capice?

Bike
    justsomebike
    Gas and maybe a muesli bar and juice every 180 ish kms. Try to keep stops to less than 10 mins if I can help it.

Bike
    TF125
    I'm a smoker of fine tobacco products, hence feel the need to stop every hour to hour-and-a-half, depending on the conditions (weather etc.).

It does piss me off to stand there and watch all the cages I just passed go by as I smoke, time after time on a long trip. Once between Welly & Akld I was stopped at one of the 3-Sisters in the Desert Rd having a smoke in the winter sun. The cages I had been travelling in sync with one by one all proceeded past me, Grrrr!. Once underway though I was pleased to see a HP had pulled over one of my fellow travellers. If not for the smoko-break 2km earlier that could very well have been me getting all the bonus points. No sense in being greedy huh?

Bike
    Kwakasaurus Z750s '05
    I stopped in Morrinsville once.

Bike
    All of them
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit

And yes my bike may only see 10 days a year on the track, but boy oh boy is it worth it.

I've got 355 days of every day use that says it's not.

Bike
    All of them
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeak the Rat
    I stopped in Morrinsville once.
    'Time' stopped in Morrinsville once.

Bike
    All of them
    ?y]
    Those that complain about sore legs and arses need to drink a cement smoothie and harden the fuck up! I'm 6 foot tall and ride a small bike with rearsets and a painted on seat
    [/QUOTE]

I'm closer to 7 feet tall and have some intelligence.

Bike
    None any more
    Quote Originally Posted by swanny
    I ACCEPT !!!

What do I win?
    Fabulous prizes.

Do you have a factory-standard sprotsbike on which to enter?
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave
    I've got 355 days of every day use that says it's not.
    Well sorry BD, but you're talking shit. I love riding my bike 365 days of the year, sun, rain, snow, whatever I'll be riding it, and enjoying every freaking moment of it. It's comfortable both around town and out on 'rides', the suspension while firm is never bone-jarring and it feels at home around all types of corners. The engine is fantastic, pulling strong all the way from down low right through to the screaming pulling-you-into-the-horizon redline. Wheelies are just a flick of the wrist away if you enjoy that sort of thing, and I do. The gearbox is typically GSXR smooth, and with the precise control from the fuel injection you can time clutches changes that are just as smooth, but quicker, than clutched. Even operating the clutch with my thumb as I have to, it's action is light, smooth and controlled.

I love the styling, it's not the news flashest model on the block sure, but it is almost iconic in a way the later ones can't be, it was the first generation of the series. It's 'fatter' around the tank and mid-fairing then the new ones as well, but it gives it a staunch stance, imo.

On top of that, it starts each time I pull it out of the garage, it is a pussy cat to ride when you want it to be, it idles realibly, doesn't overheat, doesn't leak oil, costs fark all to maintain. But most of all, when I ride it it makes me feel like I'm on top of the world, nothing could bother me at all. The smile on my face everyday makes your statement bs.

I've ridden other styles of bike, from scooters to Harleys (not saying owned, ridden) and a lot in between and nothing makes me happier than my GSXR. That's just me. I know you've probably ridden more bikes than anyone here, and have a wider info base to make your decisions, but I honestly at this stage in my life couldn't think of anything, other than a new GSXR, I would want.

When I said the 10 days a year is worth it, I in no way meant it to imply the other 355 weren't. Just on those 10 days I can twist the throttle a shit load harder, and that's were a bike like that

Bike
    none
    By myself? Gas only, take care of other things while at the servo.

With others for regroups or when digging my bike out of a ditch.

Sever
    Now and forever
    you're just another lost soul about to be mine again
    see her, you'll never free her
    you must surrender it all
    And give life to me again
    Disturbed - Inside the Fire

Bike
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher
    Fabulous prizes.

Do you have a factory-standard sprotsbike on which to enter?
    YES.

Will you pay for my Gas? is that the Prize?

Can we make it more challenging and create a rule that you must complete it within a 12 hour period, maybe 10?

Bike
    Big ol' Hornet.
    Depends on the ride and who I'm riding with. Poker runs are a shitload of fun, i do as many per year as I can. With my oldest riding buddies we like to stop in really remote places & just enjoy being out there. Other riding mates like to stop at pubs, which is ok if I can afford it at the time. By myself I have my favourite stops where I like to chill out, Braemar spring, Pikowai beach, Kaimai summit...Rotoma's.
    Do not handicap your children by making their lives easy.
    Heinlein

MotoTT Trackdays

Bike
    All of them
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit
    Well sorry BD, but you're talking shit.
    Yep.

Just bad design - you are only using the bike for it's intended purpose - to go virtually flat out everywhere - 2.73% of the time.

The ergos are designed for maximum velocity and not at all suited to the type of riding encountered in NZ conditions on the other 355 days.

Drop bars and a racing crouch in the unreliable gravel and shit strewn roads here are a poor choice - upright motocross style positions would let most riders get away with the front end slides that bring them down because 80% of their weight is on the bars - without getting to comfort issues.

Then U only can use 30% of the available power in legal on road aplications which means that 70% is waste.

I still got 355 says not worth it. You need more bikes.

Bike
    "Bagheera" GSX1400K5
    Quote Originally Posted by swanny
    Can we make it more challenging and create a rule that you must complete it within a 12 hour period, maybe 10?
    A bloodly "cage" can do Whanga-Welly in 12hours easy.

Well on my own I ride to the range of my tank. Whanga-Tau I stop at Papa Autobahn And again at Tuariko. Return Silverdale Autobahn and Home. For the GC: Anywhere I can get fuel in the wee hours of the morning that fit in the 200-300Km range (160miles 260Km is "Roxanne's" normal reserve, 200miles 320Km is her max range). Would love ta add an extra tank to increase my range. Touring: I stop were and when I feel like it as well as fuel stops. Hey I'm on holiday and am on tour ta see places More important question would how far do I like to travel on a bike in a day
    Group rides: At every intersection to make sure no one has gone missing. Don't want ta wait until I arrive a the next fuel point ta find that a mate is missing and probably dieing in a ditch just because I can't be fu*ked waiting for my mates.
    New Zealand......
    The Best Place in the World to live if ya Broke

"Whole life balance, Daniel-San" ("Karate Kid")

Kia kaha, kia toa, kia manawanui ( Be strong, be brave, be steadfast and sure)
    DON'T RIDE LIKE YA STOLE IT, RIDE TO SURVIVE.

Bike
    None
    400 - 500km from my tank, a solid 430 - 450 if I keep it under 7,500 RPM

Stop when I need Gas or my arse is numb or I need a piss/shit. Have taken a few shits on the side of the road if I recall correctly.

I'm one of those people, when yah gotta go, yah gotta go and vibrations from the engine seem to relax the muscles or some shit and the shit decides it wants to come out then. Quite handy when you are constipated.

Thread Information