Page 232 of 233 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233 LastLast
Results 3,466 to 3,480 of 3486

Thread: Tyre choice for adventure riding? (Mixing road and off-road)

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Bash plate?

I can't tell from internet piccies, but does the 09 Tracer have a spin on oil filter poking out the front?
    Manopausal.

Bike
    '21 Ducati Multistrada 950S
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    Bash plate?

I can't tell from internet piccies, but does the 09 Tracer have a spin on oil filter poking out the front?
    Yes, filter and drain both tucked just behind/under the exhaust headers - front facing.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeper View Post
    Yes, filter and drain both tucked just behind/under the exhaust headers - front facing.
    Cheers.

I hope that's what FF's bash plate is for rather than a log pivot.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Yamaha MT09 Tracer
    yep..theyre a bit prone under there which is why i need the bash plate.. its really only the occas bit of gravel but wouldnt wanna end up with a dry engine
    due to a hole in the pan

i have seen a bashplate on ebay that looks a bit 'uncomprehensive' but it may do for a starting point
    'the stickiest situation since sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun'

Cpt Edmund Blackadder

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by fridayflash View Post
    yep..theyre a bit prone under there which is why i need the bash plate.. its really only the occas bit of gravel but wouldnt wanna end up with a dry engine
    due to a hole in the pan

i have seen a bashplate on ebay that looks a bit 'uncomprehensive' but it may do for a starting point
    Fair call. When the 1200 Super Ten came out some journos managed to smash the oil filter off it. Trying to jump it IIRC.

You would be bloody unlucky to get a rock in there, though.

Tyres? I can't really comment on anything in the size's you want. Plenty of options and I don't think any of them are "bad".

I gave up on dual porpoise tyres for my TDM, I'm happy enough riding gravel on road tyres.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    RD350 KTM790R, 2 x BMW R80G/S, XT500

I gave up on dual porpoise tyres for my TDM, I'm happy enough riding gravel on road tyres.
    I had a TDM850 and the tyre answer was run a rear Pirelli Scorpion backwards on the front.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    I had a TDM850 and the tyre answer was run a rear Pirelli Scorpion backwards on the front.
    I had dual porpoise Pirellis on it for awhile, can't remember the exact tyre, MT60 or some such.

Much impressed I was, unbelievable in the rain. For some reason it ran off the edge of the front tyre before the rear which was a bit disconcerting.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    RD350 KTM790R, 2 x BMW R80G/S, XT500
    I had dual porpoise Pirellis on it for awhile, can't remember the exact tyre, MT60 or some such.

Much impressed I was, unbelievable in the rain. For some reason it ran off the edge of the front tyre before the rear which was a bit disconcerting.
    By coincidence today I am riding a 900 Tracer, which I would say is the successor to the TDM.
    Great bike.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    By coincidence today I am riding a 900 Tracer, which I would say is the successor to the TDM.
    Great bike.
    I kinda think the 700 is more familial. The whole family of twins started off from half an FZR engine. Crikey, that's a long time ago.

Would love to have a shot on the triple, right up my street for a road bike.

Being a bit of a gravel lover, the T7 may well replace the TDM.

Post up your thoughts on the 900, most reviews seem to be interrupted by wheelies.

Cheers.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    CB500X, DRZ250, TE250
    Quote Originally Posted by fridayflash View Post
    im looking for a pair of adv tyres to try on Mt09 Tracer, doesnt have to be too aggressive, just something thatll cope with lower pressures on gravel than a full sports tyre.
    tkc70 could be the go but if anybody is aware of others that come in a 17 inch front im keen for ideas

cheers

p.s gonna need to fab up a bash plate too...
    Check n see if Shinko 705s are available in your size. Awesome tyre for road, gravel n hard pack dirt.
    The quiet scares me cause it screams the truth.

Bike
    KTM
    MOTOZ RallZ rear on the big bike, TKC-80 front. Awesome combo.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Sichoe View Post
    MOTOZ RallZ rear on the big bike, TKC-80 front. Awesome combo.
    The Motoz have popped up as a well liked fitment on T7"s.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    ... well Im not about to read 3400+ posts... whats the verdict, what tyres came up trumps... Im running Anakies good on the road but skitery as in the gravel... thinking that the japs know best and I see they put on the Yamahas the rally STR so they must be a good all rounder???
    PS im on a V85TT
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    2022 Honda CB500X, CBR150RS F4 Bucket
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    ... well Im not about to read 3400+ posts... whats the verdict, what tyres came up trumps... Im running Anakies good on the road but skitery as in the gravel... thinking that the japs know best and I see they put on the Yamahas the rally STR so they must be a good all rounder???
    PS im on a V85TT
    Depends on which Anakee's ya talking about. There's 4 or 5 different types. Anakee Wilds are supposed to be very good. Similar to the Continental TKC80's I've used and trusted for years. You've ridden with me so you know how well the TKC80's scoot along on the seal, and they are great on gravel. Cheers.

Getting a proper bike right help too. Italian tractors are over rated
    Sometimes you wish it was easier, but if it was, everyone else would do it, then you remember you don't want to be like everybody else!

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by timg View Post
    Depends on which Anakee's ya talking about. There's 4 or 5 different types. Anakee Wilds are supposed to be very good. Similar to the Continental TKC80's I've used and trusted for years. You've ridden with me so you know how well the TKC80's scoot along on the seal, and they are great on gravel. Cheers.

Getting a proper bike right help too. Italian tractors are over rated
    you wana go pops...

anakee adventure is what I have... the wild looks... wild, your tck80 looks more like a dirt tyre... shite what did the honda come out with?
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Thread Information