Page 5 of 231 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 3459

Thread: Tyre choice for adventure riding? (Mixing road and off-road)

  1. #61
    Join Date
    17th January 2006 - 19:49
    Bike
    09 Bonneville, 79 SR500
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    1,792
    Quote Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
    Excellent.
    E07's are going on the DR as soon as possible.
    Who is the NZ importer?
    The importer of Mitas tyres into NZ is Lawnmower Services in Palmerston North, and the guy to talk there is Robin. You can ring him on 06 358 6275 or email him on lawnmower@clear.net.nz
    The views expressed above may not match yours - But that's the reason my Dad went to war - wasn't it?
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, .... but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,... shouting "man, what a ride"!!!

  2. #62
    Join Date
    25th August 2005 - 10:31
    Bike
    02 ktm 640 enduro
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by far queue View Post
    The importer of Mitas tyres into NZ is Lawnmower Services in Palmerston North
    that explains the shit service ... buyin bike tyres from a mowa shop
    ... you know it's a bit windy when you get passed by your own dust ...

  3. #63
    Join Date
    19th June 2006 - 10:00
    Bike
    KTM 990 Adv, Gas Gas EC300,
    Location
    South Otago
    Posts
    1,431
    Quote Originally Posted by PLUG View Post
    that explains the shit service ... buyin bike tyres from a mowa shop
    I'm waiting on an EO8 front - again theres a delay with a container just arriving etc etc, hopefully I'll get it for fitting on Friday otherwise I think I'll be OK to do the big Sth Island Passes ride on my current tyre - just would have felt better with a new one, especially if we get into some greasy shit somewhere.

    I wanted to put an EO8 on the rear a couple of months ago as well but the delays were too long, again waiting for a container of new stock, and I ended up putting on a Pirelli that cost about 3 times as much.
    My bike shop dealer reckons the importer is actually pretty good to deal with and that this has just been a succession of bad luck/timing on my part. Maybe the advertising on here has generated too many sales for the quantity he has imported??!!
    The tyres did turn up after I had fitted the Pirelli - they certainly look the part and I am keen to try them. I should have bought those ones and put them in the shed rather than sending them back!

  4. #64
    Join Date
    25th August 2005 - 10:31
    Bike
    02 ktm 640 enduro
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruralman View Post
    I'm waiting on an EO8 front - again theres a delay with a container just arriving etc etc, hopefully I'll get it for fitting on Friday otherwise I think I'll be OK to do the big Sth Island Passes ride on my current tyre - just would have felt better with a new one, especially if we get into some greasy shit somewhere.

    I wanted to put an EO8 on the rear a couple of months ago as well but the delays were too long, again waiting for a container of new stock, and I ended up putting on a Pirelli that cost about 3 times as much.
    My bike shop dealer reckons the importer is actually pretty good to deal with and that this has just been a succession of bad luck/timing on my part. Maybe the advertising on here has generated too many sales for the quantity he has imported??!!
    The tyres did turn up after I had fitted the Pirelli - they certainly look the part and I am keen to try them. I should have bought those ones and put them in the shed rather than sending them back!
    again ... shit service ... I've had the same BS story 2 years ago ... as long as the moaman is the importer, the shit level of service will continue ...
    ... you know it's a bit windy when you get passed by your own dust ...

  5. #65
    Join Date
    2nd March 2004 - 13:00
    Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    14,478
    Local Cycletreads has a new e07 rear ($144) and a part worn front ($free).
    Going on on Wed

  6. #66
    Join Date
    9th June 2005 - 13:22
    Bike
    Sold
    Location
    Oblivion
    Posts
    2,914
    Quote Originally Posted by PLUG View Post
    again ... shit service ... I've had the same BS story 2 years ago ... as long as the moaman is the importer, the shit level of service will continue ...
    Jeez Pluggy, you sound a bit stressed, the objective is get a satisfactory supply of suitable tyres for our kind of biking needs at the right price!

    Lets not shoot the messenger! (or agent)

    I had some difficulty getting retailers to buy in the tyres for me, have you had some bad experiences with the MoaMan (Robin) that you have not told us about?

    I have found him to be very helpful and obliging.

    Have you given up smoking or something Pete? Cheers John.
    "The very essence of the banking industry; to make us all, (whether we be nations or individuals), slaves to debt!" ... is it working for them yet?

    Debt explained: http://www.positivemoney.org/issues/debt/

  7. #67
    Join Date
    17th January 2006 - 19:49
    Bike
    09 Bonneville, 79 SR500
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    1,792
    Quote Originally Posted by PLUG View Post
    again ... shit service ... I've had the same BS story 2 years ago ... as long as the moaman is the importer, the shit level of service will continue ...
    I've spoken to him a couple of times and found him to be a nice guy and very helpful. The problems in the past, that I'm aware of, were beyond his control, he can't make the boat come in any sooner.

    Quote Originally Posted by oldrider View Post
    Jeez Pluggy, you sound a bit stressed ... Lets not shoot the messenger! (or agent) ... have you had some bad experiences with the MoaMan (Robin) that you have not told us about? ...

    Have you given up smoking or something Pete? Cheers John.
    Wassup Plug? Rag week? or have you got some facts we don't know?
    The views expressed above may not match yours - But that's the reason my Dad went to war - wasn't it?
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, .... but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,... shouting "man, what a ride"!!!

  8. #68
    Join Date
    25th August 2005 - 10:31
    Bike
    02 ktm 640 enduro
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by oldrider View Post
    Jeez Pluggy, you sound a bit stressed, the objective is get a satisfactory supply of suitable tyres for our kind of biking needs at the right price!

    Lets not shoot the messenger! (or agent)

    I had some difficulty getting retailers to buy in the tyres for me, have you had some bad experiences with the MoaMan (Robin) that you have not told us about?

    I have found him to be very helpful and obliging.

    Have you given up smoking or something Pete? Cheers John.


    LOL there OR ... not trying to shoot anyone ...

    ... it's just a reoccuring theme from the representatives of this brand ... up until today i wasn't aware of who the importer was, but i do know their level of service is shit ... the mowerman now gives this business a face & explaines all for me ...
    ... you know it's a bit windy when you get passed by your own dust ...

  9. #69
    Join Date
    25th August 2005 - 10:31
    Bike
    02 ktm 640 enduro
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by far queue View Post
    I've spoken to him a couple of times and found him to be a nice guy and very helpful. The problems in the past, that I'm aware of, were beyond his control, he can't make the boat come in any sooner.

    Wassup Plug? Rag week? or have you got some facts we don't know?
    GOOD FISHIN TONITE ... bagged two
    ... you know it's a bit windy when you get passed by your own dust ...

  10. #70
    Join Date
    25th August 2005 - 10:31
    Bike
    02 ktm 640 enduro
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    313
    Mitas range of tyres have recieved alot of positive feed back here ... along with mention of the level of product support from it's importer/distributor ... the reoccuring theme is that they don't have them when you want them ... this could be because he's a moaman & doesn't have the $/time to support the agency he has obtained ... now if this agency was in the hands of Forbes & Davey or Darbis or Northern Accessories or any repertable importer/distributor to the motorcycle industry this reoccuring delivery problem this nice helpful man has will in all likely hood dissapare

    I your happy, not to have your preferred brand of tyre available when you want it, thats all that matters.

    I've found other brands, whos level of performance is just as good, & they are available when i want them ...

    ..."thats all i got to say about that"... Forrest Gump
    ... you know it's a bit windy when you get passed by your own dust ...

  11. #71
    Join Date
    17th January 2006 - 19:49
    Bike
    09 Bonneville, 79 SR500
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    1,792
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruralman View Post
    My bike shop dealer reckons the importer is actually pretty good to deal with and that this has just been a succession of bad luck/timing on my part. Maybe the advertising on here has generated too many sales for the quantity he has imported??!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PLUG View Post
    ... the reoccuring theme is that they don't have them when you want them ... this could be because he's a moaman & doesn't have the $/time to support the agency he has obtained ...
    I understand that the guy brings in tyres for the speedway fraternity as well as the Mitas tyres for the rest of us. I assume he's one of those shops that does a bit of everything, and as well as having some bad luck with shipments has perhaps become a bit overwhelmed with demand as Ruralman suggested. I know that there was a guy in Oz who couldn't find a supplier over there at all, Robin said he was happy to supply tyres to them, so I posted his contact details on ADVrider and as far as I know the guy in Oz got his tyre. So, maybe there's been further demand in that area too? Dunno, just speculating.

    What ever the reasons, I agree with the frustrations that are being caused, although I haven't needed a new tyre yet. I am getting low on tread, so maybe I'll get my order in now.
    The views expressed above may not match yours - But that's the reason my Dad went to war - wasn't it?
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, .... but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,... shouting "man, what a ride"!!!

  12. #72
    Join Date
    9th June 2005 - 13:22
    Bike
    Sold
    Location
    Oblivion
    Posts
    2,914
    Quote Originally Posted by PLUG View Post
    Mitas range of tyres have recieved alot of positive feed back here ... along with mention of the level of product support from it's importer/distributor ... the reoccuring theme is that they don't have them when you want them ... this could be because he's a moaman & doesn't have the $/time to support the agency he has obtained ... now if this agency was in the hands of Forbes & Davey or Darbis or Northern Accessories or any repertable importer/distributor to the motorcycle industry this reoccuring delivery problem this nice helpful man has will in all likely hood dissapare
    You may well be right but they (the big suppliers) need competition and we need alternative brands or the people you refer to just dictate to us and shaft us for our $$$$

    Maybe we need the MoaMan more than he needs us! Cheers John.
    "The very essence of the banking industry; to make us all, (whether we be nations or individuals), slaves to debt!" ... is it working for them yet?

    Debt explained: http://www.positivemoney.org/issues/debt/

  13. #73
    Join Date
    2nd March 2004 - 13:00
    Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    14,478
    Quote Originally Posted by oldrider View Post
    Did I say that the shop put the front one on back to front! funny thing is it seems to be doing the business OK but will turn it around as soon as I can.
    Back to front?
    They didn't check the side direction arrow?

  14. #74
    Join Date
    9th June 2005 - 13:22
    Bike
    Sold
    Location
    Oblivion
    Posts
    2,914
    Quote Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
    Back to front?
    They didn't check the side direction arrow?
    Neither did I until I got home! Even naughtier by my standards.

    I don't usually surrender my life into someone else's hands that easily.

    It hasn't caused any handling problems, it will be interesting to see what it is like when I change it back! John.
    "The very essence of the banking industry; to make us all, (whether we be nations or individuals), slaves to debt!" ... is it working for them yet?

    Debt explained: http://www.positivemoney.org/issues/debt/

  15. #75
    Join Date
    2nd March 2004 - 13:00
    Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    14,478
    Quote Originally Posted by oldrider View Post
    Neither did I until I got home! Even naughtier by my standards.

    I don't usually surrender my life into someone else's hands that easily.

    It hasn't caused any handling problems, it will be interesting to see what it is like when I change it back! John.
    You gotta admit it does look better with the front on backwards though.
    Looks weird with the back V's pointing forward and the front pointing back.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •