Thread: XR250 engine parts wanted.

Bike
    KTM530EXC

XR250 engine parts wanted.

I have a road legal XR250L. Japanese import and lower hp. Restricted. Am looking for an NZ XR250 engine or top end with carb and pipes. Anyone got one or know of a bike breaker?
    "May all your traffic lights be green and none of your curves have oncoming semis in them." Rocky, American Biker.
    "Those that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 18th C.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by rok-the-boat View Post
    I have a road legal XR250L. Japanese import and lower hp. Restricted. Am looking for an NZ XR250 engine or top end with carb and pipes. Anyone got one or know of a bike breaker?
    total motorcycles would be my first port of call in rangiotu, craig bailey in hawera my next

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Good call. Pete at Total will likely be able to tell you what to replace. Although to be fair he may not have had any jap xrs through the place.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Good call. Pete at Total will likely be able to tell you what to replace. Although to be fair he may not have had any jap xrs through the place.
    usually they are restricted through carb o electric means rather than mechanically

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Thinking about it for a minute, because I now have a spare one. . . Why the fuk would they restrict a single cylinder 250?
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    KTM530EXC
    Thinking about it for a minute, because I now have a spare one. . . Why the fuk would they restrict a single cylinder 250?
    My thought exactly but there you go. It has slighlty smaller pipes, a CV carb that you can't aparently adjust, and no doubt other strange alterations. It does do about 70mpg though - so not all bad. Maybe I should keep it as is for the moment!
    "May all your traffic lights be green and none of your curves have oncoming semis in them." Rocky, American Biker.
    "Those that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 18th C.

Bike
    suzuki
    emissions and noise, i remember the GSXR400 jap market ones were differnt at 6000 rpm, that's the revs they metered the noise at so they altered it around this, ditto for emmisions I suspect.

Thread Information