Page 233 of 233 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233
Results 3,481 to 3,486 of 3486

Thread: Tyre choice for adventure riding? (Mixing road and off-road)

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by timg View Post
    Continental TKC80's
    Italian tractors are over rated
    Wash your mouth out!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1C4CF3E5-AB4F-4CF4-963D-E8C4A4A6F41A.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	903.9 KB 
ID:	351262  
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    anakee adventure is what I have... the wild looks... wild, your tck80 looks more like a dirt tyre... shite what did the honda come out with?
    Don't mention any sizes will ya? Anakee Adventure is middle of the road, more road biased would be the Anakee 3, more dirt biased the Anakee Wild. Gravel is at the easy end as such, ie, some can be just like a tarmac road, but freshly graded probably nothing but knobblies would be comfortable on. Doing stuff like mud is all a lot harder.

Welcome to compromise. Whatever is great on road will be rubbish off road and vice versa. Pick what you need after an honest assessment of the sort of riding you're doing. Something like the TKC80, while well known, can be butter on bigger bikes, try <2500km while running my 1090R in

TKC70 and 70 Rocks if you want Continental, Anakee Wild if you want Michelin, then you have whole ranges in Mitas E and Motoz Tractionator that the average road rider doesn't know about. Most tyres are either groove based (more suited to road) or block based (more gravel/adv based). I'm kinda trying to avoid using "offroad" as gravel and plenty else is still a "road"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    2022 Honda CB500X, CBR150RS F4 Bucket
    you wana go pops...

anakee adventure is what I have... the wild looks... wild, your tck80 looks more like a dirt tyre... shite what did the honda come out with?
    With adventure bikes its all about compromise. My Honda came with Dunlop TrailMax Mixtour which were ok on hard packed or well swept gravel roads but very vague on loose gravel - looks similar to your Anakee Adventure's. The Wilds and TKC80 are 50/50 on/off road where as the TrailMax Mixtour and Anakee Adventure are more like 80/20 tyres. If you want more control in gravel you need a more aggressive tyre but that's going to be a bit less grippy on seal. Mitas E07 are also a popular choice for mixed use. Pirelli MT60 are pretty good too but a very soft tyre and don't last long. Cheers.
    Sometimes you wish it was easier, but if it was, everyone else would do it, then you remember you don't want to be like everybody else!

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    Wash your mouth out!
    Had 'em on my Hyperstrada too
    Sometimes you wish it was easier, but if it was, everyone else would do it, then you remember you don't want to be like everybody else!

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by timg View Post
    Continental TKC80's I've used and trusted for years:
    looked em up, wow big step for me... what bout the tkc70 rocks? thoughts

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TKC-70-Rocks_web.jpeg 
Views:	19 
Size:	155.2 KB 
ID:	351266
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    looked em up, wow big step for me... what bout the tkc70 rocks? thoughts
    I had the original tkc70’s on my first Hyperstrada. Wasn’t super impressed. Great on seal, squirrelly on loose gravel. The ‘Rocks’ version is a more aggressive rear. The front hasn’t changed. TKC 80 on the front and TKC70 Rocks on the rear? Tyres are relatively cheap. How much shingle and dirt roads do you intend to do? Try what you think might suit. If it doesn’t work out get something else and put the ones you didn’t like on trade me. Somebody else will like them. Cheers.

Thread Information