Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: How 2 get mum 2 let me have a bike

Bike
    zxr250- The mozzie
    Quote Originally Posted by sprocket
    I know the feeling , my mother is still pissed at me for buying a bike and im 25,
    bahahahaa my Ma hates the idea and im over 30. She thinks im stupid and must be going thru some mid-life crisis thingie. When I told her the size of the bike...and I told her it wasnt much bigger then a scooter she is much more relaxed . Im just going to have to slowly get her used to it

Bike
    2005 ZX6R
    lol @ retards dissing his language skills that can't spell themselves....

It all depends on your mum really...will she lock up the keys if she comes home to find a sports bike in the garage ?

But to be honest motorcycling is dangerous. How much experience on the road to you have ? I had ten years, 8 on a bicycle 2 in a car. Without this I would have had an accident involving another vehicle by now. and those can be deadly.

if you do get a bike go for a fxr and buy good tyres they are perfect learners bikes and really handle well.

Remember that you need to also need to buy a helmet ~200, gloves ~100, jacket 100-200, insurance 400+, registration ~200, gas+wear and tear, plus good jeans. if you want to go on the open road you need boots ~300, leather/cordura trousers ~300.

Bike
    2017 Suzuki Dl1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Pathos
    lol @ retards dissing his language skills that can't spell themselves.....
    If it was just a simple typing error or a misspelled word here and there, it wouldn't be an issue. But when the entire post is illegible it would make one wonder if it doesn't indicate a lack of suffient maturity to hold a motorcycle licence.

I do believe that in this case the poster's mother is absolutely correct.
    Time to ride

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    Sorry to give you the bad news, but when I was 16 I really wanted a bike as two of my female friends at school had them and my brother had been riding bikes for years, but my mother wouldn't let me have one. She was/is a miserable woman, wouldn't let me have a kitten or a tattoo either. I was 23 when I got the kitten and about 27 when I got the first tattoo. Sad to say, I was 36 when I got the first bike... But now I'm in my 40s and I've got two cats, four tattoos and I'm up to my third bike. Maybe you'll have to wait until you're old enough to buy a bike without any financial or emotional input from mum. Until then, moan, whinge and bitch - you won't necessarily get the bike but at least you'll make her suffer too!
    Yes, I am pedantic about spelling and grammar so get used to it!

Bike
    GF250 (Morty)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beemer
    She was/is a miserable woman, wouldn't let me have a kitten or a tattoo either.
    Yeah, my mother isn't big on tattoos either. When I was 17, we were watching a documentary on "Body Art" and she commented that she thought that "a little tattoo was quite sexy".

A few years later I told her I wanted a tattoo. She looked at me with surprise and disgust. "You said a little tattoo was quite sexy," I told her.

Her reply? "Not on my daughter, it's not."

The moral of the story is: it's much harder for mums to accept things when it's suddenly their kids who are involved. I'm sure my mum wouldn't have minded if one of my friends got a bike...or a tattoo...

Though the kitten - now that's pretty harsh.
    There's Life, the Universe and Everything, but I prefer pizza.

Bike
    Various
    You could always invite some nice biker types around to meet your mum. By the time she has met Poos and Dover and Juzzer how could she refuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank
    You say "no one wants to fuck with some large bloke on a really angry sounding bike" but the truth of the matter is that you are a balding middle-aged ice-cream seller from Edgecume who wears a hello kitty t-shirt (in your profile pic) and your angry sounding bike is a fucken hyoshit - not some big assed harley with a human skull on the front.

Bike
    04 R6
    Quote Originally Posted by chickenfunkstar
    I waz jst tryin' 2 hlp dis yng wif hiz probs wif hiz peeps @ hme. Dnt b hating on me 4 dat. smetime ewes gotta let da playaz play da pimps pimp and da hustlas hustle.

Hrses 4 coursez nd all dat ay G?
    im... so... angry...

ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT SHIT ON SOCIETY AND MAKE ME WANT TO GOUGE MY EYES OUT WITH A WOODEN SPOON!!!!

let me put it in your terms: "i b h8tn bcause U'R A F***ING MORON!!!"

now, onto uncalled for abuse.

you are not a "playa" your a "looza"
    your not a "pimp" seeing as the controll of money and prostitutes requires some mathematical skills.
    i dont even want to know what a "hustla" is...

Denis

woosaa.... hooray for teenage angst (on my part)

Bike
    04 R6
    back on topic.

i consider myself lucky. my brother is 14 years older than me and has a bike ('92 fireblade) he's 29 now and has been riding since he was 18. He's kinda like the leading male influence in my life so the old lady listens to him... my ma was unhappy with the idea about me getting a bike but after several well formed arguments (and some settlements on my part) we came to a conclusion that i could get a bike on the grounds that she approved of when/where i rode and for my first couple rides she would lead in a car to make sure that i'm not a moron.
    You'll find that reasoning with your parents works a whole lot better than demanding and fighting with them.

Denis

Bike
    ZX14
    My old man said that "when you earn your own money, suport yourself and move out of home you can do what you like" Mum had to agree to that. One week later I was flatting with a mate and got me a CBX750. No licence and no brains. But survived and got my full this year 20yrs after moving out of home. Point is, be responsible for yourself.

Bike
    2020 ls650 boulevard
    Quote Originally Posted by Beemer
    Sorry to give you the bad news, but when I was 16 I really wanted a bike as two of my female friends at school had them and my brother had been riding bikes for years, but my mother wouldn't let me have one. She was/is a miserable woman, wouldn't let me have a kitten or a tattoo either. I was 23 when I got the kitten and about 27 when I got the first tattoo. Sad to say, I was 36 when I got the first bike... But now I'm in my 40s and I've got two cats, four tattoos and I'm up to my third bike. Maybe you'll have to wait until you're old enough to buy a bike without any financial or emotional input from mum. Until then, moan, whinge and bitch - you won't necessarily get the bike but at least you'll make her suffer too!
    mmm, my mum was the same on tattoos....so i got my first while i was thousands of miles away in canada, lol. quick email home "hi mum, got a tattoo. bye" nothing she could do then, lol. now ive got 6 all up.
    my blog: http://sunsthomasandfriends.weebly.com/index.html

the really happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery when on a detour.

Bike
    GF250 (Morty)
    Quote Originally Posted by sunhuntin
    mmm, my mum was the same on tattoos....so i got my first while i was thousands of miles away in canada, lol. quick email home "hi mum, got a tattoo. bye" nothing she could do then, lol. now ive got 6 all up.

Haha, I wanted to do that, but I knew I had to come home at the end of my year away, and I couldn't afford to go flatting...

On the plus side, if you get a bike against your parents wishes, it is rather easier to "un-get" it than it is to unget a tattoo. Just tell your mum "at least I don't want a tattoo..."

Or use the old "door in the face" trick. Tell her you want to buy a Blackbird. Show her all the pics, talk about it a lot and then, a few months later, tell her you've realised the error of your ways and you'd actually like a GN. It's foolproof.
    There's Life, the Universe and Everything, but I prefer pizza.

Bike
    2020 ls650 boulevard
    Quote Originally Posted by Quartida
    Haha, I wanted to do that, but I knew I had to come home at the end of my year away, and I couldn't afford to go flatting...

On the plus side, if you get a bike against your parents wishes, it is rather easier to "un-get" it than it is to unget a tattoo. Just tell your mum "at least I don't want a tattoo..."

Or use the old "door in the face" trick. Tell her you want to buy a Blackbird. Show her all the pics, talk about it a lot and then, a few months later, tell her you've realised the error of your ways and you'd actually like a GN. It's foolproof.
    i only had 5 months to wait. once i got home and she got a decent look at it she came round. it also helped to have an older brother who paved the way, lol.
    my blog: http://sunsthomasandfriends.weebly.com/index.html

the really happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery when on a detour.

Bike
    81 katana 650 fighter.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FilthyLuka
    back on topic.

i consider myself lucky. my brother is 14 years older than me and has a bike ('92 fireblade) he's 29 now and has been riding since he was 18. He's kinda like the leading male influence in my life so the old lady listens to him... my ma was unhappy with the idea about me getting a bike but after several well formed arguments (and some settlements on my part) we came to a conclusion that i could get a bike on the grounds that she approved of when/where i rode and for my first couple rides she would lead in a car to make sure that i'm not a moron.
    You'll find that reasoning with your parents works a whole lot better than demanding and fighting with them.

Denis
    when i owned a gn i learnt something....it's pretty hard to be a moron on a gn...in saying that i used ot lane split on mine with motorcross bars on it

Bike
    XB12R, FXR150, Ducati 400ss, 1125CR
    Quote Originally Posted by babyB
    got to agree wit BigDave & Colopop on this

at 37 my parents are still trying hard to convince me to sell me bikes:slap: .......they brought me a car befor i could by myself a bike, they also presented me with a loan agrement to pay them back for the car just to make sure i was broke enought not to get a bike
    your ONLY 37 ????????..

what a ride so far!!!!

Bike
    Left Jandal
    Quote Originally Posted by FilthyLuka
    im... so... angry...

ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT SHIT ON SOCIETY AND MAKE ME WANT TO GOUGE MY EYES OUT WITH A WOODEN SPOON!!!!

let me put it in your terms: "i b h8tn bcause U'R A F***ING MORON!!!"

now, onto uncalled for abuse.

you are not a "playa" your a "looza"
    your not a "pimp" seeing as the controll of money and prostitutes requires some mathematical skills.
    i dont even want to know what a "hustla" is...

Denis

woosaa.... hooray for teenage angst (on my part)
    Aw niga plz G. dnt b h8n on nufin yo. He woz juz tryn 2 hlp n sht no?

n hu waz d mod dat made d fst pst readable?

Thread Information