Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Touring the South Island

Bike
    RF900 /cbr1100xx/GAS GAS 250
    haha have not seen what arrowtown has turned into in the last few years!!!

Quote Originally Posted by idb View Post
    I agree.
    Queenstown....poofters!!!
    its Crazy Big Al but if your have lesbian fantasies you can read it crazy bi gal if you like!

Bike
    02 Ducati ST4s
    Quote Originally Posted by crazybigal View Post
    we may do, see how it pans out!
    well if you do... let me know???

Bike
    A good detour if it is not to much of a devation from your planned route, is to go across to Motuaka from Nelson and over the Takaka hill, a nice long twisty piece of road.There are some caves up the top, a tourist thing, but well worth a look, very impressive stalignites.Takaka hill has got to be one of the longest steepist twistiest roads in the country.I have only done it on a road bike so far, the pedalling variety, and thats a buzz.I am on hunt for a motorised version, which I must say with some excitment, may be next week all going well so perhaps soon I will have the pleasure of a South Island ride to.

Bike
    None yet
    I'll probably be hiring a plane in Wellington and flying round the SI towards the beginning-middle of January with three tourists from Russia.

Would also appreciate any suggestions of nice scenic places and aerodromes, although I unfortunately won't have a bike.

Bike
    yeah thats a good one! my brother wants to add the takaka hill so we prob will. thanks for your input!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alice View Post
    A good detour if it is not to much of a devation from your planned route, is to go across to Motuaka from Nelson and over the Takaka hill, a nice long twisty piece of road.There are some caves up the top, a tourist thing, but well worth a look, very impressive stalignites.Takaka hill has got to be one of the longest steepist twistiest roads in the country.I have only done it on a road bike so far, the pedalling variety, and thats a buzz.I am on hunt for a motorised version, which I must say with some excitment, may be next week all going well so perhaps soon I will have the pleasure of a South Island ride to.
    its Crazy Big Al but if your have lesbian fantasies you can read it crazy bi gal if you like!

Bike
    oh man were do you start!!
    west coast, mt cook, milford

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelt View Post
    I'll probably be hiring a plane in Wellington and flying round the SI towards the beginning-middle of January with three tourists from Russia.

Would also appreciate any suggestions of nice scenic places and aerodromes, although I unfortunately won't have a bike.

Bike
    we are leaving wellington on the 2am fery this sat.
    Will be touring the south untill the 7th so if anyone wants to hook up for a ride or to tag along PM me.

Bike
    Cool for you guys, off at last, I will be heading down South soon too, no firm date yet, ......have a great trip.

Bike
    yeah i cant wait! its been in the making for months!! its been killing me thinking about it

Quote Originally Posted by Alice View Post
    Cool for you guys, off at last, I will be heading down South soon too, no firm date yet, ......have a great trip.

Bike
    You're going to luv it. Ain't anticipation a sweet thing !

Bike
    Suzuki GSF1250SK7 Bandit
    Hi Al

4 of us will be down that way - I have posted a thread here to see if anyone is keen to catch up during that time here

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure...

Bike
    '08 DR650
    Its an awesome route, i got back a couple of weeks ago from doing a very similar trip but going down the east and up the west, just watch those west coast roads! (they rooted the couple of mm i had left on my rear tyre, had to get it replaced in nelson as it was past bald)
    have a great ride and jeep the rubber side down

Bike
    Triumph Thruxton / 81 Guzzi MKIII
    Have an awesome trip. If you are lucky summer might stay for a bit.

This Sunday you'll find a few hungover KBer's leaving Hokitika for various rides home around the mainland.
    Be sure to stop & chat. Also where you are staying put up a ride / drinks meet to find a few kb locals (- some warning helps).

Bike
    2009 Ducati Streetfighter
    That's hardcase that's the trip I did @ the start of this year (well pretty close) NP- Picton Takaka (sp) back to Motueka- Murchison-Reefton-Greymouth- Hasst (Jacksons Bay is a must)-Wanaka-crown range -Cromwell (dulp, turned left instead of right) oh well back to Frankton- Lumsden-Invers- Catlins -Belclutha-Gore- Invercargill-Omarama-Geraldine-Shefield-Arthurs Pass-Greymouth-Reefton- Murchison-turnoff to Motueka (got spoken to by a nice copper outside the pub)-Takaka-back to Picton, crossed the ferry & Back home away for 10days, rode for 7.5 days & covered 5400k's & had a blast doing it. Most we did in a day was on 840 k's. Bloody awesome riding and if anyone tells you there's no cops down Sth they're full of shit (well early new year anyway)

Bike
    we have added Takaka in and a few other places, i havnt updated my map.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazza View Post
    That's hardcase that's the trip I did @ the start of this year (well pretty close) NP- Picton Takaka (sp) back to Motueka- Murchison-Reefton-Greymouth- Hasst (Jacksons Bay is a must)-Wanaka-crown range -Cromwell (dulp, turned left instead of right) oh well back to Frankton- Lumsden-Invers- Catlins -Belclutha-Gore- Invercargill-Omarama-Geraldine-Shefield-Arthurs Pass-Greymouth-Reefton- Murchison-turnoff to Motueka (got spoken to by a nice copper outside the pub)-Takaka-back to Picton, crossed the ferry & Back home away for 10days, rode for 7.5 days & covered 5400k's & had a blast doing it. Most we did in a day was on 840 k's. Bloody awesome riding and if anyone tells you there's no cops down Sth they're full of shit (well early new year anyway)

Thread Information