Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the point

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Why I like cruisers (if a T-Sport fits the catagory)?

(1)Being an old fart they have a more 'traditional' appearance.

(2)They discourage high speed travel - most are hard on your arms/neck if you sit at 130kph+ for any length of time.

(3)I find the riding position very relaxing.

(4) Because of their style and the riding position people don't EXPECT you to be fast.

(5) The 'bling' factor, lotsa shine and its all out in the open, not covered by fairings.

Finally, it's just plain old personal choice.

Good luck to you whatever you ride.
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    2018 GSXS1000
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deano
    Thanks for your intellectual feedback.
    love that mate, imbelive this dude red rep'd me for trying to ask you guys what you like about your bikes(cruisers)...wtf?

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Each to there own. I had a "cruiser/custom" thing once. Hated it, it did not suit my riding style. But that's just me. In saying that I have been considering giving cruisers another shot. Hell, even HDs have entered the equation. Something I'd never have bothered considering 10 years ago. bravo1's Suzuki Boulivard manage it around the East Cape just fine and dandy- http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...ad.php?t=30428

Don't like a bike rapped totally in a comdom(full fairing were that peice of engineering art called an engine sits is hidden from veiw) either.

Just to go off topic a bit. W650s and new twin Triumphs, well the bonny and truxton anyway, ain't cruisers but "real" bikes .

I definately do like riding older underated bikes though. Cost of entry is cheap and you can generally flick them off at around the same price you purchased them for. And if you hold on to them long enough they actully start going up in value.

So really it's all swings and roundabouts. Ride what you like, like what you ride.

Now what the f@## did I do with those keys for that peice of shit CX 500.......................................

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Quote Originally Posted by carver
    love that mate, imbelive this dude red rep'd me for trying to ask you guys what you like about your bikes(cruisers)...wtf?
    Dont worry about it...you got much bigger problems than red rep...you got a Hyosung J/Kidding mate..as i say dont worry about it its only a computer.people get a bit defensive if they think your taking the piss..i think you probably could have worded you original post a bit more Delicately but you got your questions answered anyway eh....
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    Had a 2007 Suzuki C50T Boulevard
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ
    The Valkyrie Vicki and I rode was more fun than a tub of P at a S&M festival...

How do you know...?
    You don't get to be an old dog without learning a few tricks.
    Shorai Powersports batteries are very trick!

Bike
    Had a 2007 Suzuki C50T Boulevard
    Quote Originally Posted by bert_is_evil
    I like both
    When I grow up I want one of each to suit my mood.

Yep! Me too...
    You don't get to be an old dog without learning a few tricks.
    Shorai Powersports batteries are very trick!

Bike
    97 Yamaha Virago

Cool

Cruiser's Rule

It was the movie "Easy Rider" and that was it for me.

I ride my cruiser cos I love cruisers.
    I sit on my bike and can see so much when I am out there cruising.

There is just something about cruisers.
    Its like sitting on a couch, sitting back with your feet up and having that laid back feeling and cruising.

On a sportbike you are crunched over and have to pull your head up to see ahead of you...

Sportbikes are for speed....... cruisers are for cruising.

But at the end of the day, it is up to each individual biker, as to what they like to ride.

Bike
    Assorted dinosaurs
    Blog Entries
    Big cruisers, Hoggly Dogglys included, now make a lot of sense to me,with the Highway Patrol handing out tickets left,right & centre for any trivial 'offence'

Plus the older I get, the more I feel the need to sit back, relax & smell the roses, feeling the gentle heartbeat of a lusty Guzzi V twin between my legs

For me ,its no longer getting to where Im going in a frenetic rush, as soon as possable or sooner, I prefer to savor[sp] the experience, enjoy the scenery & smells of the great outdoors & freedom
    ITS NOT GETTING WHAT YOU WANT,BUT WANTING WHAT YOUVE GOT
    https://hondacx500custombuild.blogspot.com/?m=1

Bike
    1972 Yamaha XS2 650
    A good bike design will ride nice and look good - every time I go into the local bike shop for some obscure part for one of my XV's I have to go past the line up of brand new bikes and they just all look the same to me, no character and no thought for design. There hasn't been an attractive sprts bike since the Katana... and I would rather ride from Kaitai toBluff on a cruiser - I'd probably take a week longer than the young turks on the sports bikes but I would get to the end in one piece, without a speeding ticket, and probably with the wife still talking to me.

Bike
    Repsol Blade & SV pro twin
    I have been red repped by selectedgrub as well (grey actually...... poor dude needs some more karma before throwing his weight around)

Comment was "Not a Harley rider"

This is Kiwi Biker not just a Harley forum you plonker.

I won't bother red repping him cause......well it wouldn't matter.
    Visit the team here - teambentley

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Bike
    A black One
    hey guys, i know this is your space, and i dont mean to be rude but....whats the point of a cruiser?(not power/sports cruisers) i have owned a suzuki savage before, didnt like the ; footpeg clearance, low top speed, uncomfortable riding posistion, the terrible weight distribution, the handling, the braking, and the poor turning circle.
    i did like the relaxed engine, and torque though, a bit gutless however.
    what do you guys see in them? i do love a V twin, for their flexiblility, but i prefer them in something like my comet?
    im just wondering you see....is it mainly image?
    carver i have done the sports bike thing(kwaka H2 and a few others) 30 years later i like the cruiser suits my size and state of mind.I just like riding and feeling free on my bike, others get the kick they want out of theirs

Bike
    Rolls Royce RB211
    Yep, I know it's an older thread but hey it's nightshift and I'm desperate for something to take my mind off this fuggin' shithole...

I can't say I'm in to the whole "cruiser" thing but one of my mates traded in his gixxer on a Harley and when I stopped coughing up beer, he explained it to me like this: it's the only bike he'd found that he could have fun on at close to the speed limit. I nearly understood where he was coming from.....

I can see the attraction with all the roundy roundy, up and down bits and bobs on display too. Although ya gotta laugh at all the technology that goes into making something look old...oops, sorry "retro" is new word...or is that "old" word...er, you know what I mean...

All sportsbikes look the same? Sure their function dictates a certain similarity of form but to say a Ducati 916 looks like a Triumph Daytona, looks like a Honda SP1/2, looks like an MV Agusta, looks like an Aprilia Mille is beyond belief.

If you don't like 'em that's cool, but don't knock 'em when the average cruiser range comes in a choice of two colours with a mandatory side order of chrome. And can ANYONE really tell at a glance the difference between a Volusia, Intruder, V-Star, Vulcan, Harley as it glides by? At least all those V twins sound different don't they? Er, maybe not....

It would be a boring day on the Rimutaka's without the "chrome plated armchairs" showering the cagers with sparks as they glide majestically from corner to corner so enjoy whatever you ride and don't let anybody spoil it for you. This applies to everyone ....except for those dirty smelly pox ridden Honda's, torch 'em if you see 'em!

Arguing over such an objective thing as personal taste/style (or lack) is as useless as my writing here, but at least I've wasted a few minutes of work time and hopefully you've done the same by reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by slowpoke
    All sportsbikes look the same? but to say a Ducati 916 looks like a Triumph Daytona, looks like a Honda SP1/2, looks like an MV Agusta, looks like an Aprilia Mille is beyond belief.
    Believe it....

I wouldn't have a clue what they all are - it's not like dirt bikes where they are all colour coded.Sorry - they all look the same to me....

Bike
    Aprilia RSV Mille & Aprilia Tuono 660
    Thats ok Motu, it'd be a bloody boring world if everyone thought the same. Whatever spins your wheels and all that Better a bike than a car eh?

Yeah I'd agree that all sport bikes are simerlar.

I love all kinds of bikes, I havnt had the chance to ride on a real big crusier yet (one day hehe) but I rode an 89 xj600 which has a cruiser style riding postion, and it was so comfortable. xj's are unstable as hell, but its a nice comfy ride :P Dirt bikes are just plain nuts. All bikes are great, used for differnt things but equall in cool.
    Then I could get a Kb Tshirt, move to Timaru and become a full time crossdressing faggot

Thread Information