Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Electric scooters

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by allun View Post
    Also, we found that we can hold it stationary against the motor - wheras the EVT ones can do burnouts.....
    Dammit has my bike beat. I had to use a wall....

Sever
    Now and forever
    you're just another lost soul about to be mine again
    see her, you'll never free her
    you must surrender it all
    And give life to me again
    Disturbed - Inside the Fire

Bike
    They weigh a wee bit less than your beast mate - less traction.

We use the burnout pad by the wall - the one that you christened!

Bike
    2008 Kero KER-150ER

How to ungovern an electric scooter

Quote Originally Posted by allun View Post
    If it is an EVT one, it needs looking at - they will do 80k! (with a mod - legally they're supposed to limit at 50k)
    Hi Allun, would you be able to tell me how you mod the scooters to remove the speed/current limitation? I just bought a Kero 150ER which has a 2000W motor and 5 batteries but which is limited down to 1500W equivalent to make it go greater distances (and slower speeds) but it'd be nice to go up hill faster than 40k's. Any ideas?

Cheers,

Brendon

Bike
    Don't know sorry - the EVT ones are modified via a programmer / circuit mod. No idea on the Kero ones.

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    Hey Allun, what are the motors, controllers and batteries for these worth? or is it just cheaper to find a second hand one?
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Bike
    In the couple of years since this thread was last active i have had little to do with the electric scootahs - you'd have to get in touch with the various people now importing the things but from what I remember it's the usual story where it would cost more to build one from parts than to buy the complete unit!

Bike
    1999 CBR1100XX Blackbird

Importer

Here is an importer in Wellington currently selling electric scooters... price range from $3995 to $6999 (expensive one is a 300watt version, so need motorbike licence... goes about 80km/hr apparently).

http://www.eVehicle.co.nz

Bike
    Yamaha Scorpio
    Hi
    Can I have a bit of advice, please. I live in the hills of Karori in Wellington and with petrol going up, up and up, I am thinking of getting a scooter. I am not sure if I should get an electrical one or a petrol like the Yamaha Jog. Having decent storage space is important as well as being able to make it up the hill. Thanks heaps! Should have started a new thread, but can't figure out how to do that.

Bike
    Honda CX500 "Shithawk"
    Quote Originally Posted by swedencamilla View Post
    Hi
    Can I have a bit of advice, please. I live in the hills of Karori in Wellington and with petrol going up, up and up, I am thinking of getting a scooter. I am not sure if I should get an electrical one or a petrol like the Yamaha Jog. Having decent storage space is important as well as being able to make it up the hill. Thanks heaps! Should have started a new thread, but can't figure out how to do that.
    If in Wellington, get a petrol one. Test ride it up a hill before you hand over your money. Don't buy one over the internet without having tested it, some of the cheap brand-new ones on Trademe have no gearboxes. None at all, not just a centrifugal clutch, but actually no gearbox at all.

Bike
    Suzuki GSX1250FA, TGB 50cc moped
    Quote Originally Posted by swedencamilla View Post
    Hi
    I assume you want moped rego, ie $67, no WOF and 50cc max.

If this is the case, buy a 2-stroke petrol scooter, and you will just grin all the time.

Buy :

Any of the Europeans Bikes $$$
    Any of the Genuine jap made bikes $, generally only 2nd hand now
    Most of the Taiwanese brands are good - I can personally vouch for TGB, yes I sell them, but I ride one too, and its a very very good bike.

Avoid :

All electric scooters. I have looked at a number, and its fair to say they are junk.

All chinese scooters. Mostly junk, but its too hard for a newbie to tell, so just steer clear of em.

Anything sold on trademe.

I have an endless stream of bikes ex-trademe coming into my workshop. The story goes "gee, got it from this fella in Napier, now it won't start but he won't answer my emails and I'm blacklisted"

Or "they said parts were easy to get and common across the range". Sorry, just not true. Subtle differences cause massive headaches. Little things like body panels that crack in the sun and no-one can find you parts.
    David must play fair with the other kids, even the idiots.

Thread Information