Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fucking mini-choppers

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    Its only a matter of time untill the get their face planted into a licence plate
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Bike
    SOLD
    Quote Originally Posted by avgas
    Its only a matter of time untill the get their face planted into a licence plate
    I have to agree, and once we have a few deaths i'm sure there will be a public out cry and them the powers that be will probably ban the damn things from the road.

Bike
    Tractor
    I have'nt seen many around here, but the few I have caught me by surprise as they were up the arse of the car ahead of them and their helmets never even were above the boot of the car.
    No wonder people cant see them.

Bike
    'o6 Spewzooki Banned it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gareth_d
    next time open the door and say that you didnt see him, as he isnt registered for using it on the road he would in my opinion become liable for all damages incurred.
    You're sure of all this?
    And you'd be willing to be charged as a result of opening your door on him to prove a point?
    Speed doesn't kill people.
    Stupidity kills people.

So the A & E are full of mini chopper riders with serious injuries? Anyone got any figures to back up these dangerous claims?

Or are you lot just out to spoil someone elses fun?

Bike
    TZFXR150, R1150GS, DRZ400, Ninja300 prod
    Quote Originally Posted by TygerTung
    I'm going down linwood ave in my classic 1975 corolla wagon which is difficult to get parts for as it is 31 years old right, stop at the lights, look in my rear view mirror, see some punk wearing a hoodie on a mini-chopper coming up. He trys to filter up beside, only to fucking hit the side of my car, the thing is so bloody unstable. Shit I was angry, he took off around the corner, not stopping, I pull over after the light turns green and have a look to inspect the damage.

Luckly there was only a black scrape down the side and no panel damage. It didn't bother me too much as I am planning on painting the old girl anyway, but it is just the principle of it.

Am I the only one to think they should be banned for street use? They're bloody dangerous, they all ride like dickheads, giving real bikers a bad name, and they're really low, making them more likely to be unseen by cars.

Didn't even see a plate on the back of this thing, must not have been registered! Idiot.
    The chopper dude probably thought you POS rolla was abandoned on the side of the road or couldn't see it through the blue haze. Geezzzz I hope the chopper dude is OK. You could have invited him to the Battle of Buckets later in the year. Anyway who would ever think of riding in a hoody you would have to be a total dipshit, even with leathers over the top

Its harder to lose weight than gain horsepower.

Bike
    FZ1 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Motu
    So the A & E are full of mini chopper riders with serious injuries? Anyone got any figures to back up these dangerous claims?

Or are you lot just out to spoil someone elses fun?
    Hear Hear, but i still hate those damn things. Annoying as they are though, i really struggle to see how they put anyone other than themselves in any serious danger. And since when were we on our high horse about danger.

Bike
    02' ZX6R
    Quote Originally Posted by Bykey Cop
    Chased a little shit on one a few months ago... jammed him against a garage door after he did a runner but somehow he got around the front wheel of my bike... then chased him for about 1km on the footpath before he went up an alleyway. I followed him up the alleyway but I couldn't get through the metal bars at the end so lost him. Then I had to back the Beemer up about 50 metres before I could turn around to get out. (Oh yeah, it was in Otara, surprise, surprise).

BC
    Once you caught him you could have picked up and tied it in place on the back of the beemer and taken off with it!!
    Need something to do when not riding??? Come and learn to dance with us at www.cerocstars.co.nz

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Chased a little shit on one a few months ago... jammed him against a garage door after he did a runner but somehow he got around the front wheel of my bike... then chased him for about 1km on the footpath before he went up an alleyway. I followed him up the alleyway but I couldn't get through the metal bars at the end so lost him. Then I had to back the Beemer up about 50 metres before I could turn around to get out. (Oh yeah, it was in Otara, surprise, surprise).

BC
    could you not get the Glock out of the holster while riding?

a couple of 9mm slugs through the head would ensure he didnt spread his genes any further, and you could have saved a bunch of paperwork.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Buell
    Chased a little shit on one a few months ago... jammed him against a garage door after he did a runner but somehow he got around the front wheel of my bike... then chased him for about 1km on the footpath before he went up an alleyway. I followed him up the alleyway but I couldn't get through the metal bars at the end so lost him. Then I had to back the Beemer up about 50 metres before I could turn around to get out. (Oh yeah, it was in Otara, surprise, surprise).BC

buwhahaha, pawned by a little chopper.
    FINE. This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    Glad I'm not the only one who hates the little pricks. There's even a giant gym monkey that rides one near work... although I haven't seen him about for some time. I'm guessing it was his toy I saw absolutely munted on Ponsonby Road a couple of months back. Looked like his face print in the side of the car he hit. The ambulance was in no hurry to leave.

How on earth they can be road legal is beyond me too. If you can register one of those, then why can't you register a quad bike?

Bike
    KTM 690 DUKE R
    Quote Originally Posted by gareth_d
    next time open the door and say that you didnt see him, as he isnt registered for using it on the road he would in my opinion become liable for all damages incurred.
    Nope you would I reckon, same if you had of opened the door into a bicylist, you gotta make sure you wont injure anyone before opening your door

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by XR250 Si
    How on earth they can be road legal is beyond me too. If you can register one of those, then why can't you register a quad bike?
    Ive seen a road reqistered quad bike: a milkman had it. dont know what it was registered as .....
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    1999 CBR1100XX Blackbird
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase
    could you not get the Glock out of the holster while riding?

a couple of 9mm slugs through the head would ensure he didnt spread his genes any further, and you could have saved a bunch of paperwork.
    Maybe someone will give me a Taser soon... but I'm sure there will be plenty of paperwork to go with it.

Bike
    Whatever is in the garage - FXDC, Bking
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase
    Ive seen a road reqistered quad bike: a milkman had it. dont know what it was registered as .....
    I think they come under the same category as a tractor......... there is a farm quad bike that zooms around Cornwall Park (One tree hill) thats road regestered. Cornwall Park is actually a farm becides a tourist attraction.

www.Ridertraining.co.nz
    NZTA Approved CBTA Instructor Assessor
    - Restricted + Full Licence Training & Testing
    - Onroad Coaching & Training
    Auckland
    Call or Txt 0210334766
    info@ridertraining.co.nz

Thread Information