Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: *RANT*Limited choices*RANT*

Bike
    El Bandito Negro
    And finally. Go down to the suzuki shop. I wouldn't be surprised to find a kawa engine in some of their dirt bikes after what's been going on lately.

Hell I'll go down and check on tuesday :-P
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    Hey I missed seeing that you are 5'10". You should find any of the bikes probably even up to about 930 - 950mm seat height would be OK. It was mentioned look at the two strokes too. I won't comment on those because I haven't owned a two stoke since 1973.
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    97 CRM 250 AR
    Went window shopping today.

Was fine nothing I really suitable or that I wanted anywhere. Had a really good chat to R1Madness' wife. Their getting in 5 Trickers if anyone's keen on one. Would make a brilliant fun commuter. Here's a link about them.

Also had a good chat to one of the guys at the Dirt place on Cashel St about the KLX not being available here. He said Kawasaki seem to think there's not the demand here.

I'm sorry but does this seem ludicrious to anyone else? They seem to be happy selling the KLX300. But the road legal 250, which would compete directly with the DR-Z, TTR, XT, XR-L, etc. All these other manufacturers recognise the local market exists.

So what the bloody hell is wrong with Kawasaki. I'd send them an email, but the fucktards don't actually have a "contact us" link on their webpage. I suppose that says something about just how little they give a shit.

On a positive note (slightly). Was having the usual trawl over trademe. Normally it's fine as there's nothing I want.

This time though there's TWO perfect choices exactly in my budget. BASTARDS. Why do the biker gods insist on tormenting me.

What do you guys think of these...

2002 Kawasaki KLX250
    1997 Honda CRM250
    Hayden - Evidence that even the mediocre can achieve great things.

((U+C+I) x (10-S))/20 x A x 1/(1-sin(F/10))

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    That KLX being only 4 years old looks like a good option.
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    97 CRM 250 AR
    I know that KLX is exactly what I've been raving for. Near new, well looked after, a minta that suits all my needs.

But... That CRM is pulling me. Wanting me to buy it. Found a good site on them here.

Anyone ever owned one of these? Seem to be in the same league as the DT230. Road legal Dual purpose two smoker.

That is the steel tank Jap domestic KLX,it may be different to the couple I have seen - but they have no damping adjustments on the forks or rear shock,and a few other cheap tricks that would make them totaly useless off road,you are better off finding a plastic tank road registered KLX.

The CRM is streets above practicaly anything else you'll ever see - and it'll see off those big 4 stroke singles no worries.You can get Mugen kits to bump them over 50HP,one hell of a serious bike.Far better in performance and handling than the DT230 - the DT is more street with a lower seat,electric start and other comforts of home.Shit - I'd get the CRM250 now!

Bike
    97 CRM 250 AR
    Talking of the DT230.

*Cough*Here

Don't know what I did in a past life to piss the Gods off. But they really are putting the screws in now aye.

What are the builds like on the CRM? From what I've read so far, they seem phenominally reliable (anywhere between 30 and 50k's between builds).

Bike
    CRS
    AJP EN200 from Europe are available here now. Can be road registered and there is a 250 scheduled for release later this year.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imga0041.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	38141
    As usual from that side of the world all the nice bits are fitted as standard.

Bike
    97 CRM 250 AR
    Details vroom?

My DT230 has 25,000km on the clock,the previous owner used it only for adventure and trail rides with a mechanical speedo (the speedo is rear wheel driven,so lowering the gearing puts the trip meter way out,essential for adventure rides) So it has done maybe 30,000km and has never been apart - top end rebuilds are a myth with these late model 2 strokes,they have far longer engine life than camparable 4 strokes.THe DT has a seat heigth of 865mm,I don't know what the CRM is.I'm 5' 7'' and 865mm is perfect for me.

Bike
    Triumph Thruxton / 81 Guzzi MKIII
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Lemur
    The XT has a drum brake at rear (why I'll never know). *Spot the guy with too much time to think about bikes, but no bike to ride*
    There are XT250's (the Jap market Serow's) around that have disc rear brakes. I got mine from Falsgraves.- they import a few dual sporters.
    Here is my 1993 Serow225.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Off-road rides - 014.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	146.7 KB 
ID:	38162  

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    why ,do as i did....we lived in the country when i was a laddie and first bike was a sl125 at 9,next was an XL175 then when i was old enough to sit my licence i bought a XL350 and the old man put XL250 stickers on it..passed my test and never looked back.New KLX300 is looking good at $7000.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    2008 Kettweisel Style.

Arrow Meh.

NZ is a relatively small place, hence the amount of 2nd hand bikes are limited. It took me ages to find my 1998 TT350f (yes, I have a full licience), but unfortunately the damn thing was stolen. I know very little about 250cc bikes and looking at tardme, most of them are not street legal and if your looking for a more modern bike, then you might need a bit more $$$? I was pretty unsure about buying a DRZ, cannot say I was that keen on the idea of buying a Suzuki, now there are 3 of them in the garage. The DRZ400 is a mint bike for its size and I'd recommend it to anyone. I saw the new XR250 down at the local dealer and it looks like a very nice bike. But once again, your going to need more $$$ to get it. Its not the ideal world out there, but we all make do the best we can eh.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...n-63691471.htm

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...n-64362377.htm
    Those who insist on perfect safety, don't have the balls to live in the real world.

Bike
    97 CRM 250 AR
    The more I stare at that CRM the more it seems like the perfect bike for me.

Bike
    2003 Yamaha XT225, 2010 Electric scooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Lemur
    The more I stare at that CRM the more it seems like the perfect bike for me.
    FFS buy it! You know you want to...

All the best in your search.
    http://wolfmotorcycling.freehostia.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by jrandom View Post
    We 'athiests' consider Wolf 'one of us' inasmuch as his approach to matters of philosophy mirrors our own. The fact that he chooses to live by tenets driven by a fantasy of the supernatural that he finds personally appealing and culturally relevant is neither here nor there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny side up View Post
    It is amazing what you can do with a big hammer and a lot of care.
    Thank Eris for the FSM!!

Thread Information