Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: *RANT*Limited choices*RANT*

Bike
    KTM 2T & LC4
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    super quick bikes that are so smooth handling that you ride looking at the speedo to make sure you haven't inadvertently pulled the throttle hard open in a moment of primal bike-riding ecstasy.
    BTDT (haven't we all?)

Simply relaxing on a modern bike does that!
    Cheers,
    Colin

Quote Originally Posted by Steve McQueen
    All racers I know aren't in it for the money. They race because it's something inside of them... They're not courting death. They're courting being alive.

Bike
    2003 Yamaha XT225, 2010 Electric scooter
    Quote Originally Posted by warewolf
    Simply relaxing on a modern bike does that!
    Modern? Shit, a well-made 1980s one-litre shaft-drive will do it...

Damn good thing they can stop equally well.
    http://wolfmotorcycling.freehostia.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by jrandom View Post
    We 'athiests' consider Wolf 'one of us' inasmuch as his approach to matters of philosophy mirrors our own. The fact that he chooses to live by tenets driven by a fantasy of the supernatural that he finds personally appealing and culturally relevant is neither here nor there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny side up View Post
    It is amazing what you can do with a big hammer and a lot of care.
    Thank Eris for the FSM!!

Bike
    97 CRM 250 AR
    I certainly of the current opinion that there's more positives going the small bore DS route than any of the other options I've considered.

Cooneyr - Yes I've been following the offroad adventure of the ChCh crew with complete jealousy. I can't wait to get out there and join in.

Had a really good chat to the current owner of the CRM last night. He's taking the CRM to DAS today for the once over.

So now it's just a case of waiting on the bank. Trying not to get too excited, but it's too late, I'm already there.

HURRY UP AND GIVE ME MONEY MR BANKMAN.
    Hayden - Evidence that even the mediocre can achieve great things.

((U+C+I) x (10-S))/20 x A x 1/(1-sin(F/10))

Bike
    Triumph Thruxton / 81 Guzzi MKIII
    Good luck on getting the loan & the CRM.
    Hope to see you on KB rides soon.

Bike
    97 CRM 250 AR
    I couldn't hold it any longer. Some other gammy bastards started bidding on my bike.

So after getting a call from the bank ("loans pretty much confirmed but we need a couple of pay slips"). I hit the buy now (after first checking with the soon-to-be Mrs Lemur, don't want a divorce before the wedding). Just could not bear the thought of someone else riding MY bike.

Is it normal to already have an emotional attachment to one's baby BEFORE even having it?

Damn I'm going to enjoy summer. BRING IT ON.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Lemur
    Is it normal to already have an emotional attachment to one's baby BEFORE even having it?
    It is for me...

but I'm widely regarded as abnormal...

"I couldn't hold it any longer, GOD, I was crazed.
    I mean the feeling came upon me like a tidal wave"

All the best with your bike.
    We 'athiests' consider Wolf 'one of us' inasmuch as his approach to matters of philosophy mirrors our own. The fact that he chooses to live by tenets driven by a fantasy of the supernatural that he finds personally appealing and culturally relevant is neither here nor there.
    Thank Eris for the FSM!!

Oh goody,I've been waiting for this - you FOOL,you should have got the DT230!!!!! .Now you won't have electric start,traction control,a low seat,a digital speedo with clock and twin reversable trip meters.I tried to tell him,but oh no,Mr Impatient has to spend his money right now!.But you'll show a clean set of heels to the DT230 both on and off road.

I'm waiting for your first ride,and the first taste of the 2 stroke hit - you'll be back here stammering about....about how....how....

Bike
    97 CRM 250 AR
    Quote Originally Posted by Motu
    Oh goody,I've been waiting for this - you FOOL,you should have got the DT230!!!!! .Now you won't have electric start,traction control,a low seat,a digital speedo with clock and twin reversable trip meters.I tried to tell him,but oh no,Mr Impatient has to spend his money right now!.But you'll show a clean set of heels to the DT230 both on and off road.

I'm waiting for your first ride,and the first taste of the 2 stroke hit - you'll be back here stammering about....about how....how....

Just got off the phone is Nigel.

Nigel gave me gave me a run down of what Phil thought about it when he took it into see him at DAS. Needless to say it's the mintest he's seen. Phil HAD to take it for a blat (prepurchase testing for my benefit of course). Extremely impressed he was.

Will call Phil tomorrow and say thanks for doing the check and arrange to fix him up for the damages. I know where I'll be taking my bike for servicing (at least til I get my garagre sorted) and tyres.

Bike
    DRZ400
    So did you buy it? I see that the one on trademe in Chch has been withdrawn by the seller! It looked a pretty awesome machine, and you cant beat that 2 stroke power!!

Bike
    97 CRM 250 AR
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelp
    So did you buy it? I see that the one on trademe in Chch has been withdrawn by the seller! It looked a pretty awesome machine, and you cant beat that 2 stroke power!!
    That's my baby.

Just waiting on the loan paperwork to be finalised. I's dotted, T's crossed, etc. Then that smoker will be sitting in my garagre... oh yeah.

Bike
    LC4 SM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Lemur

Just got off the phone is Nigel.

Nigel gave me gave me a run down of what Phil thought about it when he took it into see him at DAS. Needless to say it's the mintest he's seen. Phil HAD to take it for a blat (prepurchase testing for my benefit of course). Extremely impressed he was.

Will call Phil tomorrow and say thanks for doing the check and arrange to fix him up for the damages. I know where I'll be taking my bike for servicing (at least til I get my garagre sorted) and tyres.
    Well done - you wont regret it !

and I am with Motu... looking forward to hearing about your first ride....

Bike
    KTM 2T & LC4
    Quote Originally Posted by Motu
    Oh goody,I've been waiting for this - you FOOL,you should have got the DT230!!!!! .
    Just for Motu...

Yamaha DT230

Enjoy the CRM sounds neat. The only one I've seen was a completely neglected POS that refused to die...
    Cheers,
    Colin

Quote Originally Posted by Steve McQueen
    All racers I know aren't in it for the money. They race because it's something inside of them... They're not courting death. They're courting being alive.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by warewolf
    Enjoy the CRM sounds neat. The only one I've seen was a completely neglected POS that refused to die...
    Sounds like a typical 2-stroke road-trail to me...
    Thank Eris for the FSM!!

Thread Information