Thread: Hmm, I couldn't post in here before. Now I can

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe

Hmm, I couldn't post in here before. Now I can

Tis good to be back on a big single. Bit different to the old Velo, mind, but a thumper none the less.

Stupid headlamp can't be turned off, I'll sort THAT who would be stupid enough to do such a thing on an off roader.

And the tyres are Bridgestone "Trail King" Which apart froma naff name, look suspiciously like the old Trail Universal of unlamented memory. Anyone had any experience of them. Are they as crap as they look, they're not proper knobblies.

Alas, nothing in life come swithout sacrifice, and so Ratty's going on the block. A pity I shall miss the little fellow.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    Had a 2007 Suzuki C50T Boulevard
    A big single what?
    You don't get to be an old dog without learning a few tricks.
    Shorai Powersports batteries are very trick!

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    Oh. I forgot that. One of these. XT600.

I don't like not having a kickstart , either. Does anyone know if the earlier kickstart can be retrofitted. The boss still looks to be there, blanked off with a plug.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XT600.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	38227  
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    2003 Yamaha XT225, 2010 Electric scooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion
    Oh. I forgot that. One of these. XT600.

I don't like not having a kickstart , either. Does anyone know if the earlier kickstart can be retrofitted. The boss still looks to be there, blanked off with a plug.
    I know you can get kick-start kits for the XT225 so they may well make one for the 600.

Do a search of Yamaha's accessories.
    http://wolfmotorcycling.freehostia.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by jrandom View Post
    We 'athiests' consider Wolf 'one of us' inasmuch as his approach to matters of philosophy mirrors our own. The fact that he chooses to live by tenets driven by a fantasy of the supernatural that he finds personally appealing and culturally relevant is neither here nor there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny side up View Post
    It is amazing what you can do with a big hammer and a lot of care.
    Thank Eris for the FSM!!

Oooooo - good one! A kickstart can be fiited,but you need a few parts - the thing itself which is gears and springs and stuff,it stays all together....drop it into the hole.An idler gear on the end of the final drive shaft,just remove the spacer and fit the gear - it meshes with a gear on the back of the clutch hub.You also need a peg for the return spring...this is what stopped me,I couldn't get the peg out of the SRX case.I guess I could make one,but I needed to get the bike back into one piece.I don't really mind the missing kickstarter,I figure I can always push it....

Tyres - now you are going to kick yourself for getting a dual purpose,read all the tyre threads....it's your biggest focus,the thing that charactises the bike,alters it from one thing to another.Tyres,tyres,tyres.....adventure bike hell.

Looking forward to crossing paths in the middle of nowhere....

Bike
    2003 Yamaha XT225, 2010 Electric scooter
    Having both is the best. Save your battery and start on the kick. If you regularly use the battery and it goes flat, you have the kick start in reserve. And if your bike stalls in a knotty place where trying to kick start would send you tumbling into oblivion, a quick push of the electric start should get you going again.
    http://wolfmotorcycling.freehostia.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by jrandom View Post
    We 'athiests' consider Wolf 'one of us' inasmuch as his approach to matters of philosophy mirrors our own. The fact that he chooses to live by tenets driven by a fantasy of the supernatural that he finds personally appealing and culturally relevant is neither here nor there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny side up View Post
    It is amazing what you can do with a big hammer and a lot of care.
    Thank Eris for the FSM!!

Thread Information