Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2007 Kiwi Biker Calendar

Bike
    Apriliaaah!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim2
    [Grump Mode On]
    Quite frankly, I've had really good comments about the scenery pictures in the 2006 calendar.

If you guys want a nice juvenile stunting calendar, buy the Fast Bikes issue with the 2007 Calendar when it comes out.

I'd like to see more of NZ, and more of people's bikes, without adding a caveat that inspires broken bones.
    There was something missing in that post . . . wait for it:

Jim2=[Grump Mode Off]

There ya go buddy, I think you'll find today a lot more enjoyable because of that.

While I do partially agree with Jim2, I see no problem with a bit of variation in the pics, some stunt/race, some cruising, some posed. It would be nice to have NZ landmarks as a backdrop in them all, but who says the track at Taupo isnt a landmark?
    I told him,
    "Son, what is it with you? Is it ignorance or apathy?"

He said,
    "Coach, I don't know and I don't care."

Bike
    1995 Suzuki Volty (TU250)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsmith
    I was thinking about submitting a larger version of my profile photo (might see if I can photoshop some of the scratches off the bike...) tell me what you think?
    Ooooh Bob I like that pic a lot! If you could darken the house in the background a bit that would be an improvement too.

The thing about calendars... people are looking at the same picture for a whole month so they have plenty of time to look at all the detail. The more technically 'perfect' the shot can be, the better IMO.

And I'm all in favour of variety too. Stunting, racing, off-road, scenery, bikinis, leather-clad sexy biker dudes ESPECIALLY plenty of leather-clad bikers... have I emphasised the leather? and the bikers?
    There is no such thing as bad weather; only inappropriate clothing!

Bike
    Motor Cycle
    The only problem with trying to please everyone with a bit everything is the calendar can come across as a bit disjoint, or maybe a bit messy or without focus. It's better to stick to a theme. If Joni & krew want to make the 2007 theme 'sport & action', they should. Jim2 can just wait until 2009 for the 'rural NZ scenery' edition ('cos 2008 is going to be the 'boobies' edition!)

mmmm, boobies....

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Monkey
    The only problem with trying to please everyone with a bit everything is the calendar can come across as a bit disjoint, or maybe a bit messy or without focus. It's better to stick to a theme. If Joni & krew want to make the 2007 theme 'sport & action', they should. Jim2 can just wait until 2009 for the 'rural NZ scenery' edition ('cos 2008 is going to be the 'boobies' edition!)

mmmm, boobies....
    They'll loose $30 up front, amortised over two years.

Last year's one had a good mix.

The proposed one sounds like a wet dream for 12 year old boys.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Bikes...modded bikes please.....if i want scenery i will buy a scenery calender with nice pics of pohutukawa (spelling) trees etc,the underside of a Gixxer does nothing for me so stuntings out....must be plenty of nice modded bikes out there..Harleys jappas euros who cares.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    A good mix would be sweet. Too much of any one type of picture sucks.

For December I'd like to see a pic of Jim2 wearing a Santa hat with the label Jim2 the Grinch on it thanks.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 98tls
    Bikes...modded bikes please.....if i want scenery i will buy a scenery calender with nice pics of pohutukawa (spelling) trees
    Modded bikes would be awesome. But don't be a total 'tard. A picture of a modded bike in a badly lit garage, full of the doings of a P-Lab, doesn;t make for good calendar photgraphy.

All I'm saying is that some moderate stab at relevant composition for the subject makes a much better shot that some knob in holey jeans trying not to fall off the back of well-worn GSXR250 in an industrial wasteland.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental-Trousers
    A good mix would be sweet. Too much of any one type of picture sucks.

For December I'd like to see a pic of Jim2 wearing a Santa hat with the label Jim2 the Grinch on it thanks.
    I'll be heavily armed, and there'll be a crater in the background and the dismembered head of a Nun rolling around in the crater.

Bike
    GSXR 450
    Heres a racing pic.
    Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even.
    Muhammad Ali

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Cool pic, but if you are going to leave it as your sig at least down size it to a normal size.

Bike
    L1 GSXR 1000
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit
    Cool pic, but if you are going to leave it as your sig at least down size it to a normal size.
    +1 .

Bike
    Apriliaaah!
    Quote Originally Posted by r4q2
    +1 .
    Yes, that would be nice.
    I told him,
    "Son, what is it with you? Is it ignorance or apathy?"

He said,
    "Coach, I don't know and I don't care."

Bike
    2007, Kawasaki Z750 (L)
    Quote Originally Posted by klingon
    Ooooh Bob I like that pic a lot! If you could darken the house in the background a bit that would be an improvement too.
    damn it, now that you mention it, I really don't like the house on the background..... Okay... no pics from me for now.... (need to find a better location for a shoot
    I have deep pockets. It's just that it's a deep empty pocket...........

Bike
    Massey ferguson 7495 dyna-vt
    Dover and myself are looking for a photographer....we are looking at posing nude on our bikes for the calender wearing nothing butt our gloves...PM me or dover if you can help...
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Given the short comings of my riding style, it doesn't matter what I'm riding till I've got my shit in one sock.

Bike
    KTM 690 DUKE R
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim2
    [Grump Mode On]
    Quite frankly, I've had really good comments about the scenery pictures in the 2006 calendar.

If you guys want a nice juvenile stunting calendar, buy the Fast Bikes issue with the 2007 Calendar when it comes out.

I'd like to see more of NZ, and more of people's bikes, without adding a caveat that inspires broken bones.
    Picture this a nice twisting road through some great SI scenery with some knee down action in the foreground, then that does both camps!

Wheelie in to the sunset with a mountain in the shot? Use your imagination Jim

but I agree it was cool having some great shots of NZ scenery I mean that shot of Mt Egmount was bloody brilliant!

Thread Information