Page 12 of 573 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112512 ... LastLast

Thread: ATNR (Auckland Thursday night ride) - Discussion thread

Bike
    None
    Wow, so many bikes tonight and it certainly feels like Summer is on the way. Jonny and I had an interesting time searching under bridges and in the bushes for a certain rider that went AWOL.

And does anyone know who the little destructive boy in the attached picture is? I think he might have a future in landscaping.

Quote Originally Posted by skidMark
    i won't come on the thursday night rides anymore...ill just do my own ride down that road on thursday nights at the same time oyur all doing it...then i don't give shit who i cut up
    With that sort of mentality it's no wonder people repeatedly pull you up for the dangerous mistakes you make, Mark.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bricks.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	311.7 KB 
ID:	38926  

Bike
    NC700X XR250 MTS1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSel
    Bike and self are all ok after mudbath
    not a single scratch. Thanks to the guys that got her back upright.
    Mum wansnt too impressed with the mud on me gear. she be cleanin it up for me now. thanks mum
    (called in at washworld to give the girl a shower b4 rollin in at home cuz dont think mum wouldve been too happy seeing her like that either)
    Glad to hear you are "OK", it really was blessing in disguise having the mud to slide into instead of a bank or rocks.

I thought you would have gone to washworld and hose yourself off while in the gear

Welcome to KB.... hopefully see you on another ride soon.
    newbie since August 2004....
    VTR250 (retired) / SV650S (Fw:Keystone19) / GSXR750(given up) / CB400(traded for 919) / CB900 Hornet / CBR954 (traded) / CBR1100XX (sold) / TuonoR (sold) / CB900 Hornet / NC700X / MTS1200 / XR250

Bike
    NC700X XR250 MTS1200
    Blog Entries
    you were right out by the fucking centreline doing snail speeds i wasn't going to cross double yellows to pass you...ddn't even know it was you.... going on your left was the safest option and there was fucking miles of room...ok next time ill pass over double yellows on the outside would you prefer that?

maybe try ride faster?
    Mark I don't know you, so its all by the book mate.

Have you considered perhaps you don't have to pass?

Try having that as an option next time. Passing bigger bikes don't mean you have bigger balls. No one is interested in you proving anything.
    newbie since August 2004....
    VTR250 (retired) / SV650S (Fw:Keystone19) / GSXR750(given up) / CB400(traded for 919) / CB900 Hornet / CBR954 (traded) / CBR1100XX (sold) / TuonoR (sold) / CB900 Hornet / NC700X / MTS1200 / XR250

Bike
    2011 YZ450f & 2007 YZ250f & K6 GSXR1000
    LOL, anyways, great ride people, so many bikes!!! was bloody impressive, looking forward to this thursday
    Yamaha YZ450f 2011
    Yamaha YZ250f 2007
    Suzuki K6 GSXR1000

Bike
    2006 vrf 800
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenoix
    Glad your ok Lilsel.
    Now if only your mum would clean my boots, since I was the only one that actually jumed IN the mud to get it out. (No worries)
    Also, when I was pulled over with a few other bikers, on a non-public road, the cops could do nothing about, a random biker from no where decided to do a perfect circle.
    You'll need quick time, unless someone can change it for me

Good ride tho, lots of bike
    glad your ok lilsel i was right behind you and got my boots muddy too, take it easy

Bike
    Nothing
    Awesome turnout and a really nice ride under moonlight!!! Look forward to seeing numbers like that in the future. Thanks again to the Speights Ale House, you guys are great.

Good to catch up with TL as well, always great to have someone representing the Norfland crew!!!!

Have a wicked weekend!!!
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Bike
    _
    Quote Originally Posted by GTAe
    LOL, anyways, great ride people, so many bikes!!! was bloody impressive, looking forward to this thursday
    yea, im hanging out for QKCHK's photos she took last night :P
    "Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

Bike
    Various
    you were right out by the fucking centreline doing snail speeds i wasn't going to cross double yellows to pass you...ddn't even know it was you.... going on your left was the safest option and there was fucking miles of room...ok next time ill pass over double yellows on the outside would you prefer that?

maybe try ride faster?
    Mark, perhaps you should go and study all JSG posts and see if there is something you can learn from his experience.

Perhaps when everyone is telling you to cool it there is just a small chance that the masses are correct.

You are young, you are supposed to be stupid, but don't abuse the privilege.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank
    You say "no one wants to fuck with some large bloke on a really angry sounding bike" but the truth of the matter is that you are a balding middle-aged ice-cream seller from Edgecume who wears a hello kitty t-shirt (in your profile pic) and your angry sounding bike is a fucken hyoshit - not some big assed harley with a human skull on the front.

Bike
    2010 Yamaha XT250, 2008 BMW F650 Dakar
    What an interesting ride!

It started with my little conversation with the man at the petrol station. I think once I took my helmet off and he saw the lippy and coiffured hair the rant he was having to the petrol station attendant about my supposed pushing in mellowed somewhat. I think he was surprised to see a girl...

After the burn-out session I decided to ride at the back and played catch up to the masses only to come around the corner and find a rather mud covered rider.

After this I carried on at the back with Jonny Rotten until we came to Peak Road. At this point Swantiger and Jonny decided to turn around and check out the ditches and bridges for a missing rider. So I took over Tail End Charlie and picked up the remaining stragglers through to Dairy Flat.

At Dairy Flat there was no sign of the missing rider so we decided to continue. Just as the last of us were heading off the missing rider turned up so we sent him on to toward the pub.

At this point I climbed onto SixPackBacks GSXR1000 by mistake and rode off last again. I tried to stay behind the missing rider who was now found but decided that was far too dangerous so headed to the pub. We later heard that the missing rider who was found was stopped by the cops and found again by Jonny Rotten.

It was time for a drink at that point...

Lovely night for a ride though wasn't it...
    Exploring pastures anew...

Bike
    97 Yamaha Virago

Cool

Mark Mark Mark......

After you asked me and I said you could
    You did a quick ride past the young boys and with your hands on the handlebars....which you did sensibly
    You then go off and do something silly after that.

Mark, there is one thing you must NEVER do and that is undertake out there, no matter, who the rider is in front of you.

There would have been a better place to have passed the rider further on up the road. At anytime the rider could decide to change his line of ride and BANG, you and that rider goes down, hence the reason of NEVER undertaking.

It is NOT a race but a enjoyable ride for everyone.

Ride safe and think of others out there on the road.

Bike
    hornet 250 ,97
    awsome ride and what a night to break my "kb ride cheery" lol
    cant wait for the next one im going to buy some thicker gloves though
    cheers for being very welcoming zapf you rock
    and nice to meet you qk kid and qk chk you guys are awsome!!
    big ups speight ale house!!!

Bike
    81 katana 650 fighter.
    Blog Entries
    was good to see you have a great night out terry (raceme)

hmmmm maybe next week if i come ill have to really behave myself and once more try to prove i can ride responsibly....i tried to this week but typical me i fucked up

Bike
    KRR ZX150
    Cheers for the ride guys, what a great first ride, Im pretty sure I was enjoying the stunts as much as the kids! The pace of the ride was great, it was good to be able to ride without fear of getting left behind by all the bigger bikes. Was great meeting you guys and thanks to anyone who gave me feedback on my riding, I'll have to remember where my highbeam switch is for next week.

Now to toss up whether to go on the pie ride or not!

Bike
    Superman's Bike
    ah being known as the "MISSING RIDER" i wasn't missing just a bit far behind ... ok missing it was ... but it was the bikes fault all the way ... ok maybe my fault a little but i didn't fall off this time
    Whats that star?, its the deathstar, what does it do?, it does death!

Bike
    Nothing
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatre
    Cheers for the ride guys, what a great first ride, Im pretty sure I was enjoying the stunts as much as the kids! The pace of the ride was great, it was good to be able to ride without fear of getting left behind by all the bigger bikes. Was great meeting you guys and thanks to anyone who gave me feedback on my riding, I'll have to remember where my highbeam switch is for next week.

Now to toss up whether to go on the pie ride or not!
    Good to see another new fact there and good on ya for coming along, hope to see you on Thursday rides in the future.
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Thread Information