Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A new bike in my garage

Bike
    2003 Yamaha XT225, 2010 Electric scooter
    Nice choice ZZR.

Is it the "Adventure" model or the straight R1150GS? The Adventure is listed as marginally heavier than the standard but I'm buggered if I know what differences BMW made between the bikes.

Nice to see another convert to the world of DS. That shouldn't leave you lacking on the road (after all, it can exceed the legal limit and the loss of licence limit without breaking sweat) and you won't have to get off and push when you get to the rough stuff like all these Sprots Boik riders have to (anything to increase the ground clearance...)
    http://wolfmotorcycling.freehostia.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by jrandom View Post
    We 'athiests' consider Wolf 'one of us' inasmuch as his approach to matters of philosophy mirrors our own. The fact that he chooses to live by tenets driven by a fantasy of the supernatural that he finds personally appealing and culturally relevant is neither here nor there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny side up View Post
    It is amazing what you can do with a big hammer and a lot of care.
    Thank Eris for the FSM!!

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    Nice choice ZZR.

Is it the "Adventure" model or the straight R1150GS? The Adventure is listed as marginally heavier than the standard but I'm buggered if I know what differences BMW made between the bikes.

Nice to see another convert to the world of DS. That shouldn't leave you lacking on the road (after all, it can exceed the legal limit and the loss of licence limit without breaking sweat) and you won't have to get off and push when you get to the rough stuff like all these Sprots Boik riders have to (anything to increase the ground clearance...)
    I've got a straight GS. Off the top of my head the GSA has longer travel suspension, bigger fuel tank, aluminium cases, single seat and a whole lot more expensive.

Yep a DS is just so practical (real world).

Speaking od Sprots Boik riders here's a few of them getting a lesson around Brands Hatch http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...88634513703087

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by far queue
    I'm planning on giving Woodstock a miss this year and doing Vincent instead. Bit of a bummer that they're only a week apart, makes it a bit tricky getting to both, and I haven't done a Vincent rally before, so this could be the one.
    I didn't go to the Vincent this year but I did last year (when it 40 degrees) and thought it was a great rally. I'm intending to go next year and I want to go via Hakataramea, Thompsons Track between Tarras and Omakau. Then come back through Dansies Pass and across the base of the Hunter Hills. If that can be tied in with RuralMans plan trip that would be great.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by ZZR
    ... and a whole lot more expensive.
    Always a favourite "enhancement" on "improved" models (favourite for the manufacturer and the dealer, that is)
    We 'athiests' consider Wolf 'one of us' inasmuch as his approach to matters of philosophy mirrors our own. The fact that he chooses to live by tenets driven by a fantasy of the supernatural that he finds personally appealing and culturally relevant is neither here nor there.
    Thank Eris for the FSM!!

Bike
    Triumph Thruxton / 81 Guzzi MKIII
    Good bit of guess work there SDU (mind you I did tell you our route home with the bike last week). BTW the Kaikoura Ranges are mountains - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaikoura_Ranges
    Someone had to put them on track. I stand corrected!

Bike
    Triumph Thruxton / 81 Guzzi MKIII
    I didn't go to the Vincent this year but I did last year (when it 40 degrees) and thought it was a great rally. I'm intending to go next year and I want to go via Hakataramea, Thompsons Track between Tarras and Omakau. Then come back through Dansies Pass and across the base of the Hunter Hills. If that can be tied in with RuralMans plan trip that would be great.
    Sounds like a plan.

Bike
    Triumph Tiger
    Nice bike ZZR! I reckon they are the bizzo.

"If you can't laugh at yourself, you're just not paying attention!"
    "There is no limit to dumb."

"Resolve to live with all your might while you do live, and as you shall wish you had done ten thousand years hence."

Bike
    Speaking od Sprots Boik riders here's a few of them getting a lesson around Brands Hatch http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...88634513703087
    Just seen the clip - it's certainly giving them the learn. Love the way it rockets up behind them and passes them on the straight.
    Thank Eris for the FSM!!

Bike
    Triumph Tiger 800
    Congrats on the bike. I was looking at these myself but in the end found the Triumph Tiger fitted me better.
    Experience......something you get just after you needed it

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by serowdownunder
    Sounds like a plan.
    I reckon so, just a shame that its 6 months away.

Quote Originally Posted by Macktheknife
    Nice bike ZZR! I reckon they are the bizzo.
    Thanks, they certainly are.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    Just seen the clip - it's certainly giving them the learn. Love the way it rockets up behind them and passes them on the straight.
    Its great isn't it? It just shows that its not all about outright horsepower.

Quote Originally Posted by sels1
    Congrats on the bike. I was looking at these myself but in the end found the Triumph Tiger fitted me better.
    The Tiger is a nice bike as well I just didn't like all the plastic bits (the same comment applies to the VStrom as well). The GS is a tall bikeand iff the seat hadn't had any padding added to it I would be able to flat foot it with the seat in the highest position. It helps having long legs.

Bike
    Well, I hope you're enjoying riding it and remember, if you have sprots boiks in your riding group: play nice, don't show off, don't lead them places where they can't possibly go - it's not their fault they have inferior bikes.

What am I saying? Of course it's their fault, they bought the bloody things...

Thank Eris for the FSM!!

Bike
    08 Victory Vegas
    As for doing Lees Valley next weekend that sounds like a great idea. I do have a preference for Sunday but either day...
    Quote Originally Posted by far queue
    How about a quick blat through there next weekend? Saturday would be best for me, but Sunday is OK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Transalper
    I could do Saturday, but Sunday should be the next sealed road Plains Club run and i'm intending to do this one as i've missed the last few of theirs.
    Sorry but the this weekend trip around the Lees Valley for Green Meanie and me is off.
    Green Meanie is out of town and I'm now too busy.
    And the weather does not look to good to do it, so properly be a no go anyway.

So if you lot do go for a ride, have a fun ride.
    Feel the fear and do it anyway

Don't confuse education with intelligence.
    There are alot of highly educated idiots out there.

Bike
    09 Bonneville, 79 SR500
    Quote Originally Posted by lemans
    Sorry but the this weekend trip around the Lees Valley for Green Meanie and me is off.
    Green Meanie is out of town and I'm now too busy.
    And the weather does not look to good to do it, so properly be a no go anyway.

So if you lot do go for a ride, have a fun ride.
    I'm still free, but I've been watching the weather and it looks like crap for the Mainland for Sat & Sun. But I'm not complaining, as the crap weather will provide a good excuse to spend the weekend in the workshop getting stuff done. Always enjoy my time in there
    The views expressed above may not match yours - But that's the reason my Dad went to war - wasn't it?
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, .... but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,... shouting "man, what a ride"!!!

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Im riding with the Plains Club to Diamond Harbour on Sunday, departing promptly form a members house in Hoon Hay at 11:30am. Be passing the big BP garage on the corner of Hoon Hay Rd and Sparks Road about 11:30am give or take a few minutes if anyone wants to tag along.
    My Saturday is free.

Bike
    Sold
    Congrats on the new bike ZZR, next time you are through (Black Forest/Haka/Danseys etc, will be calling your name now) drop in for a cuppa/lunch. Cheers John.

Thread Information