Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bike alarms?

Bike
    none
    Blog Entries

Bike alarms?

Any of you wise peeps out there know of a good quality alarm for my scooter and who can fit it in Aucks.And maybe with some prices. Cheers

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Mongoose MCA500. Bought mine from Repco and had friend who owns a Car Audio/Security store install it for me. Get a mercury switch as well. Cheap from DSE. Have it wired into the alarm (there is a function for it on the alarm) and you'll have a tilt switch as well.

Bike
    'o6 Spewzooki Banned it.
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit
    Mongoose MCA500. Bought mine from Repco and had friend who owns a Car Audio/Security store install it for me. Get a mercury switch as well. Cheap from DSE. Have it wired into the alarm (there is a function for it on the alarm) and you'll have a tilt switch as well.
    They're the best value dedicated bike alarm, but the mercury switch isn't effective with a centrestand.
    Speed doesn't kill people.
    Stupidity kills people.

Bike
    92 Yamaha FJ1430A
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jtzzr
    Any of you wise peeps out there know of a good quality alarm for my scooter and who can fit it in Aucks.And maybe with some prices. Cheers

Rapid Radio below Coleman's on K' rd.. talk to Mark and tell him i sent ya.. i think about the $400-$500 range installed for a top of the line alarm
    Life is tough. It's tougher when you're stupid

SARGE
    represented by GCM

Bike
    GSXR600
    I was noly thinking about this the other day, and wondered what people used as security. Lock up garages, alarms, chains and anchor bolts, pitbulls etc. When I lived in Dublin, I kept my bike in the front room of the house next to the telly, a bit inconvient but it never got knicked.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou Girardin
    They're the best value dedicated bike alarm, but the mercury switch isn't effective with a centrestand.
    Surely if the bike was moved off it's stand and moved around the mercury switch would still do it's job?

Bike
    'o6 Spewzooki Banned it.
    You'd think so, but the installer at Mongoose said they had lots of falsing when they tried it. They shock sensor is quite sensitive though, rolling a bike off the centrestand would trigger that.
    Speed doesn't kill people.
    Stupidity kills people.

i think over all, i don't think most of nz bikes really need an alarm, the ones that 95% of time get stolen are dirtbikes, harleys, or 250/400

Its rear for really a bigger size bike to dispear in nz(yes i know has been done and is doable), but less likey to happen

Bike
    81 katana 650 fighter.
    Blog Entries
    cycle treads at the moment have bike alarms..... datatool which are a huge company in the uk.....down from 1299 for a huge combo deal whcih amougst it includes a pager so when the alarm goes off it pages you....dual immobilizers and everything...even comes with a garage security kit which you hook up to windows etc so vif somebody tries to get in bike alarm will go off and page you....

down to 149 bucks....

grab one of those and i can put it in for ya mate...i'm not an alarm guy but ive put other alarms in bikes before...so i would be able to do it... you could prob even do it yourself if you wanted....awesome alarms these....will be getting one for the zxr when i have some dosh

Bike
    1979 Kawasaki Z1300

I put a mongoose MCA500 on mine

Complete with tilt switch, it works a treat.

I got it from the local alarm installer and fitted it myself, I didn't have to pay for it as I am always helping him out with car wiring problems.

I will find out how much they are and post a price for the alarm and fitting.

Bike
    none
    Blog Entries

149 bucks for an alarm

Damn thats cheap,will have a look next time I`m on the shore,what prices do the mongoose go for? Hey Markauckland can you fit those mate?

Bike
    GSXR600
    $149 for a datatool...that is a mental deal...do you get insurance discounts for having an alarm.

Bike
    none
    Blog Entries

Nah

Quote Originally Posted by dawnrazor
    $149 for a datatool...that is a mental deal...do you get insurance discounts for having an alarm.
    not with state anyway,not too sure if you do with other companies , probably not.

Bike
    81 katana 650 fighter.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jtzzr
    Damn thats cheap,will have a look next time I`m on the shore,what prices do the mongoose go for? Hey Markauckland can you fit those mate?
    yeah mate ill fit it for ya not qualified or anything but i know all about wiring.....

if ya get one gimme a yell and ill fit it for ya

Alarms arnt tooo tricky to install - i havnt tried one on a bike but in a cage its pretty straightfoward.

Never having a bike or a car stolen I have to ask are the alarms worth it? On tv they seem to steal anything. IF i'm parking in an unsecured place I use a big chain and park it where people see it. Im not sure if anyone would care if they saw someone with some big bolt cutters and then loading it into a truck/van/watever though.....
    Then I could get a Kb Tshirt, move to Timaru and become a full time crossdressing faggot

Thread Information