Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do we need the LTSA?

Bike
    XJR1200, Honda CB1/400

Why do we need the LTSA?

Just finished watching the Fair Go item on vehicle ownership and the absurd situation whereby anyone can register a vehicle in their name without the genuine owner even being aware of it. The LTSA spokesman Andy Knackered or whatever his name is was so careful to point out that we can't blame the LTSA for this farce because to change the law requires legislation and that's up to the Ministry and it's not his job to ensure that procedures are reasonable or logical because all the LTSA does is apply the regulations...
    Which got me thinking...
    I know I'll probably be accused of being a dinosaur (not for the first time) and resistant to change and progress and all that, BUT...
    ... exactly how are we better off now that we have an LTSA as well as a Ministry of Transport AND the police AND local councils??
    Seems to me that driver licensing, vehicle registration, traffic regulation enforcement and everything else was done no less effectively in the past and a lot less expensively by state servants or local body employees.
    Can somebody please explain to me why we need the LTSA?
    Age is too high a price to pay for maturity

Bike
    Registered. For now...
    1/Coz LTSA generates the policy that the pollies turn into legislation.
    2/It means instead of having a heap of bodies making small shag-ups, we can have one central body making BIG shag-ups.
    3/No reason at all
    ACC - It's where the Enron accountants all went.

Bike
    2011 Yamaha xvs1100
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeL
    Just finished watching the Fair Go item on vehicle ownership and the absurd situation whereby anyone can register a vehicle in their name without the genuine owner even being aware of it.
    This happened to me
    I went to get new rego for our van only to be told that the registered owner was only able to that, I had owned the van for a year and had the rego reciept that showed I once owned it. The car yard had transferd my van into the name of another yard six months after I had brought it. (shown when I re registered it back into my name to get a new rego.) Some car yard would have had a few camera tickets to pay no doubt.

The fact that anyone can find out where you live is scary given the road rage out there.
    "I think men who have a pierced ear are better prepared for marriage.
    They've experienced pain and brought jewelry." - Rita Rudner
    A man is only as big as the dreams he dares to live

Bike
    Kawasaki Z1000 2007
    When we recently bought a couple of new bikes, LTSA sent us a certificate of ownership for a Suzuki SV 650 tractor!! with the wrong registration as well. In short, we don't need them

I am extremely sick of the stupid LTSA dogma of 'speed kills' etc; if that is true then we would all be dead.

Frankly, the whole show should be shut down!

Bike
    GSXR 750 (No 10)
    Quote Originally Posted by airplane
    When we recently bought a couple of new bikes, LTSA sent us a certificate of ownership for a Suzuki SV 650 tractor!! with the wrong registration as well. In short, we don't need them

I am extremely sick of the stupid LTSA dogma of 'speed kills' etc; if that is true then we would all be dead.

Frankly, the whole show should be shut down!
    Agreed. Bin it and send Andy Whackedout back to Canada.

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega
    Mate - without the LTSA do you know how many drugs etc you would smoke/ingest if you had that much discretionary income.....be thankful that they take this choice away from you

Bike
    ZR750 Kawasaki
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Roller
    This happened to me
    I went to get new rego for our van only to be told that the registered owner was only able to that, I had owned the van for a year and had the rego reciept that showed I once owned it. The car yard had transferd my van into the name of another yard six months after I had brought it. (shown when I re registered it back into my name to get a new rego.) Some car yard would have had a few camera tickets to pay no doubt.

The fact that anyone can find out where you live is scary given the road rage out there.
    Happened to me too,Wonder if it was the same car dealer?
    Don't rego' my vehicules at my home address,but every body out here knows where I live anyway
    As to the LTSA,Gott'a provide jobs for da'boys aye.

Bike
    2014 SF848 DUC's nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo750
    Agreed. Bin it and send Andy Whackedout back to Canada.
    lol! maybe another John Davy? :spudwhat:

Bike
    SV1000S
    For some strange reason I thought that LTSA and Ministry of Transport were one and the same. Isn't LTSA a department of the ministry?
    Cras ingens iterabimus aequor.

Bike
    VFR400 NC30
    Every time I have to set foot in the ltsa it's the most frustrating time ever - like for example waiting 30 minutes just to get the chance to ask for a set of $2 L plates for my bike

And how there are no second chances for things like when the guy who stores your bike in his shed forgets you need the bike on monday morning to sit your restricted and he forgets and pisses off to the beach for a 3 day weekend without telling you! "Sorry mate, 24 hours notice or you have to pay again" "but you're closed in the weekend!" "Tough shit, you have to book and pay again" Aaaargh!!!

I know that last case sounds stupid but it really did happen to me!

Bike
    2011 CB1000R
    LTSA= a group of individuals who make decisions regarding our road and vehicle use and rights while being chauffuered from breakfast meeting to brunch to late lunch meeteing by people who actually know how to drive
    Quote Originally Posted by tigertim20 View Post
    etiquette? treat it like every other vehicle on the road, assume they are a blind, ignorant brainless cunt who is out to kill you, and ride accordingly

Bike
    'o6 Spewzooki Banned it.
    Where else would the wanna-be and failed cops go?
    ACC?
    OSH?

Bike
    Registered. For now...
    Careful Lou, you might stick that tongue right through your cheek!
    Funny thing is, I've yet to meet a cop who thinks anything of the LTSA - general concensus seems to be that they are a bunch of mindless jerks who should be first against the wall when the revolution comes...
    ACC - It's where the Enron accountants all went.

Bike
    Repsol Blade & SV pro twin
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeL
    The LTSA spokesman Andy Knackered or whatever his name is was so careful to point out that we can't blame the LTSA for this farce because to change the law requires legislation and that's up to the Ministry and it's not his job to ensure that procedures are reasonable or logical because all the LTSA does is apply the regulations...
    And what the fuck is the LTSA's job - surely they have policy analysts (every other Govt Dept does - god knows what they actually do though...).

If the LTSA know that a law/regulation is a farce they should be lobbying or advising Govt to make the appropriate change for fucks sake.

What a cop out.

They are bloody quick to jump on the ACC bandwagon in recommending higher levies for our vehicle registration.....bastards
    Visit the team here - teambentley

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Bike
    None any more
    Don't take it out on Andy Knackstead. If he disappeared the LTSA would clone another zealot to replace him...
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Thread Information