View Poll Results: Which heated grips???

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oxford heated grips for $119

16 84.21%
  • Go with the motomail one for $109 + shipping

3 15.79%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which heated grips??? Yeah! first real thread in this forum!

Bike
    2007, Kawasaki Z750 (L)

Which heated grips??? Yeah! first real thread in this forum!

Hi guys...

I believe this is the first real thread in this forum... I thought it was appropriate since zzr250 is going to be used for commuting and it's not exactly most sporty of bikes... also it is about heated grips.......

Now I'm seriously thinking heated grips, and I am faced with two choices, Oxford heated grips, and the motomail one. Oxford heated grips are $119 and the motomail one is $109 + shipping so the price is going to be about the same... Now I would like to hear from people who have used either of the grips and tell me good/bad things about each... I understand both have variable heat control, and both go in place of normal grips and they will need installation...

can anyone suggest a installation method as well? I was thinking about hardwiring it into battery with a fuse for itself but I'm afraid of leaving it on and draining the battery and I fear that if I plug it into the igniton key, it might draw too much current and blow a fuse...

Thanks
    I have deep pockets. It's just that it's a deep empty pocket...........

Bike
    Ducati 996 '01, Yamaha '04 R6 Race
    I saw the oxford ones at my local shop also come with a free neck tube...
    If wiring in to the ignition, use a relay with a seperate supply direct from battery.
    Viva La Figa

Bike
    Buell XB12R
    Oxford are great.
    Easy to install.
    Work VERY well.
    Have a variable heat so you can have it hot or cold or anywhere inbetween, about halfway is plenty hot enough even in the shitty/cold weather we have down here.
    DONT hardwire to battery... just too chancy, mine we just wired to an auxillary connection in the fusebox that was available.
    Exactly how it was done, Dangerous would have to tell you that, but it was straightforward.
    The tricky part was finding a suitable place for the switch to sit, there aren't many ideal spots on the Buell frame, but we got it to stay. The double sided tape works very well for the switch.
    Dont use ALL the glue that comes with it for attaching the grips, cos thats when you get it all over your fingers eh K14?
    We had to cut the old grips off, so once thats done theres no going back... but you wont want to.
    They are comfy to use, have a good grip feel, and I LUV 'em!
    "Do not meddle in the affairs of Buells, for they are subtle and quick to wheelie!"
    --J RR1000 Tolkien

yank tank at Glenorchy 2006 rally

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    I put the Oxfords on the missus GSX before the Brass Monkey. They cost us $105 here.
    They come with their own inline fuse rated at 3amps and are said to draw no more than 2amps so i stuck em on an accessory wire that shares the main Headlight fuse (rated 10amps) and no problems. We kept the 3amp fuse in the line.
    So far they are goooood.

Bike
    How long do they take to install and how tricky?

Might chuck some on the 750 for Vic as she always bitches about cold hands, and we're sposed to be heading to the spitroast special tomorrow.

I can be all hard and keep them switched off when I'm commuting on it though.

Bike
    2008 Kettweisel Style.

Arrow Don't be a pussy.

I thought I was going soft when I went down to the bike shop and got some oxford liners to go inside my MX gloves. Then I read that others are complaining about them not being good enough? I rode home at midnight last night and it was none too warm, however my hands stayed nice and warm with the new liners on. I can also wear them under my plain leather gloves which I have for the summer months. As far as getting heated grips? I doubt if I'll ever do that and Im sure Burt Munro wouldnt either. Is it that cold where you come from or are you and AKLer who complains about anything?
    Those who insist on perfect safety, don't have the balls to live in the real world.

Bike
    KTM 690 DUKE R
    Quote Originally Posted by inlinefour
    Is it that cold where you come from or are you and AKLer who complains about anything?
    nah he just rides a Suzuki!

Bike
    Not for me you fuckwits.

For the Mrs who also rides the 750 when I'm not using it.

Nothing soft will be going near my thou.

Except maybe grass and fields.

Bike
    2008 Kettweisel Style.

Arrow lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sAsLEX
    nah he just rides a Suzuki!
    That would explain a bit, although I was riding the DRZ to and from work yesterday and looks like I'll be doing it again.

Oh and Dover, stop making excuses, we all know sheep cannot ride bikes...
    Those who insist on perfect safety, don't have the balls to live in the real world.

Bike
    Oh and Dover, stop making excuses, we all know sheep cannot ride bikes...
    Ain't that a stroke of luck for the naki boys??

You'd never get a root if they did cos they'd outrun you

Bike
    2007, Kawasaki Z750 (L)
    I thought I was going soft when I went down to the bike shop and got some oxford liners to go inside my MX gloves. Then I read that others are complaining about them not being good enough? I rode home at midnight last night and it was none too warm, however my hands stayed nice and warm with the new liners on. I can also wear them under my plain leather gloves which I have for the summer months. As far as getting heated grips? I doubt if I'll ever do that and Im sure Burt Munro wouldnt either. Is it that cold where you come from or are you and AKLer who complains about anything?
    Well I'm from Auckland, so yeah, I complain about EVERYTHING and oh I also ride a Suzuki... (though this is for a Kawasaki) This bloody town is too cold and too flat, I wanna go back to the North Shore.....

[EDIT] - no wonder they call it the suicide capital...
    I have deep pockets. It's just that it's a deep empty pocket...........

Bike
    2008 Kettweisel Style.

Arrow lol.

Quote Originally Posted by bobsmith
    Well I'm from Auckland, so yeah, I complain about EVERYTHING and oh I also ride a Suzuki... (though this is for a Kawasaki) This bloody town is too cold and too flat, I wanna go back to the North Shore.....

[EDIT] - no wonder they call it the suicide capital...
    Don't ya know, kawasaki and suzuki are made by the same crowd eh. Know what your saying about AKL, what a preformance when the power went out for a few hours...

Dover, I understand completely now why you have the two suzuki gixxers that you have. I guess there are none that get away from you eh. I must have missed the sheep thing as I was too busy riding bikes when they did that class...
    Last edited by inlinefour; 30th June 2006 at 13:37.

Bike
    Damn right none get away. I'm like Hannibal Lecter on heat.

Bike
    yes
    i bought some merino inners they work fine its not THAT cold is it? to need heated grips?

Bike
    KTM 1190 Adv R and a bunch of dirties
    I got and fitted some of the motomail ones

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...ad.php?t=28291

They work OK, but comparing to Rashika's on the Brass, I'd say hers were better.

Thread Information