Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warm tip

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..

Warm tip

A bit like 'what worked and what didn't' thread but went for a ride yesterday in chilly post-frost weather, put on one of those puffy down filled jackets under my leather jacket - should have done it years ago, no draughts and toasty-warm, I recommend!

Not sure if I would advise it if you're going to get wet though.
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Or a fleece lined Techno-Flex vest on the outside. It's waterfroof as well as an extra layer of insulation.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    2006 BMW F800ST
    What a disappointment - when I saw the title to the thread I had thought women were involved...I've always found that's the best way to get a warm tip.

My leathers are quite a snug fit - I use the old Scottish technique of dressing in layers when cold...2 cotton T shirts 1 woollen slim jumper under my leather jacket.

I can see the benefits of your technique though Scumdog.

Mind you I've not experienced anything colder than 3 below since I got here (was once out on a mountain in Scotland in minus 33 - 2 cotton tees, 1 slim woolen jumper, 1 Arran knit woolen jumper, Ski-Jacket and gore tex over jacket was the combo I chose on that fine day)
    In space, no one can smell your fart.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog
    A bit like 'what worked and what didn't' thread but went for a ride yesterday in chilly post-frost weather, put on one of those puffy down filled jackets under my leather jacket - should have done it years ago, no draughts and toasty-warm, I recommend!

Not sure if I would advise it if you're going to get wet though.
    why dont you just buy a tractor with a cab??

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by **R1**
    why dont you just buy a tractor with a cab??

Says the man with what appears to be half the sails and rigging of the Cutty Sark glued on the front of his bike to keep the wind from his delicate chest
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........

Bike
    99 RSV Matte Mille, Bus 150 & 121
    Yeah it is a good idea, but doing ANY form of exercise (walking, breathing) off your bike and you'll end up drenched in sweat. Not. Cool.
    "If life gives you a shit sandwich..." someone please complete this expression

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Big McJim

Mind you I've not experienced anything colder than 3 below since I got here (was once out on a mountain in Scotland in minus 33 - 2 cotton tees, 1 slim woolen jumper, 1 Arran knit woolen jumper, Ski-Jacket and gore tex over jacket was the combo I chose on that fine day)
    Was minus 7 here yesterday morn, not sure what it was when CB and I set off.

Bike
    2006 BMW F800ST
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog
    Was minus 7 here yesterday morn, not sure what it was when CB and I set off.
    Yeah, I've spent a few winter evenings down your neck of the woods - made me homesick when I saw that frost - wish I could find work in InverC!

Bike
    Sold
    Yeah, I've spent a few winter evenings down your neck of the woods - made me homesick when I saw that frost - wish I could find work in InverC!
    You can find "anything" in Invercargill, just ask for Tim, he'l see ya right!

Bike
    2006 BMW F800ST
    Quote Originally Posted by oldrider
    You can find "anything" in Invercargill, just ask for Tim, he'l see ya right!
    But I can't dance.....

Bike

My leathers are quite a snug fit - I use the old Scottish technique of dressing in layers when cold...2 cotton T shirts 1 woollen slim jumper under my leather jacket.

I did also have on a thick t-shirt, black chunky jersey, sleeveless denim jacket then the down jacket and leather jacket - and a polarfleece muff around my neck and my acknowledgement it was winter - a full-face helmet.

Bike
    KTM 690 DUKE R
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim2
    Or a fleece lined Techno-Flex vest on the outside. It's waterfroof as well as an extra layer of insulation.
    I make waterproof/windproof vests for only 1 dollar, in a range of colours as long as its black.

Ask Quasi he thinks they are the shizz!

Was thinking of getting a proper vest for over the toothpaste tube though, what about oilskin?

Got a link to that Jim2??? All I found where nut huggers searching technoflex

Bike
    None any more
    Happiness is a warm tip. And vice versa.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sAsLEX

Got a link to that Jim2??? All I found where nut huggers searching technoflex
    Lol. No I can;t find a web site. I'll ask the guys at RD1 on the weekend.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    KTM 690 DUKE R
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim2
    Lol. No I can;t find a web site. I'll ask the guys at RD1 on the weekend.
    I might stop trying to find it as this is the sort of site that comes up searching NZ http://www.adultzone.co.nz/cart1/ind...iewCat&catId=6

Thread Information